• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Vintersorg

Zombie
Jan 30, 2012
With the recent revival of this forum, it motivated me to start an undead army again.
I've painted very little in the past two years, except for the occasional historical miniatures, but yesterday I cracked and bought the Soulblight battletome and a few mini's.
Painted almost non-stop and already finished Belladamma Volga already.
Not my finest work, but it'll do for now :)

1624211864856.png

Next model (which I already started): a wight king.
I have no plan whatsoever with this army yet: I just buy and paint the models that catch my attention .

Vintersorg

Zombie
Jan 30, 2012
For now, I started on a Wight King, while I'm still wondering whether my next buy will be skeletons or zombies.
Still very much work in progress, but at least I painted more in three days than I did in the last three years :D

1624346802826.png

I still had a box of Sepulchral guard, so Im using these to get used to painting bone again :D
I'm pretty happy with the result, for now (though it needs some cleaning up, particularly on the feet/heels of the skeleton)

1624347000990.png

Reactions: Kassill

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
I really like the colour palette for Belladama. It looks realistic and the choice of a red dress with gold highlights is very effective.

The Wight King and Skeleton look good. I'd suggest another highlight on the very edges with a light colour to help create further contrast and depth, but it depends how much time you want to spend on individual models! Please keep the pics coming!

Reactions: Vintersorg

Vintersorg

Zombie
Jan 30, 2012
I really like the colour palette for Belladama. It looks realistic and the choice of a red dress with gold highlights is very effective.

The Wight King and Skeleton look good. I'd suggest another highlight on the very edges with a light colour to help create further contrast and depth, but it depends how much time you want to spend on individual models! Please keep the pics coming!

I want to keep them as detailed as possible, but I'm trying to get into painting again. I'm very rusty right now. I believe I have painted more in the last three days than in the three years before :D
Thanks for the advice. I'll try to add more highlights to the miniatures.

Vintersorg

Zombie
Jan 30, 2012
I continued mostly on the Sepulchral Guard yesterday.
When I bought these, I had originally experimented with contrast paints (which didn't go so well), so I was afraid I'd ruined them.
Now, for most of them I'm still on the "damage control"step of the process, but the one on the right is nearly finished and I'm pretty happy how it turned out.
I do need to check my camera settings though, because the red in this picture appears much brighter than it actually is

1624434606284.png

And as a bonus, some pics I found on my computer of some stuff I painted some time ago:

A piece of Warcry scenery:

1624434953522.png

And a fuzzy pic of my partially painted Nightvault team:

1624435056002.png

Raven Torrid

Staff member
Sep 3, 2011
Croatia
Really liking how those skellies are coming along! Also liking how you use purple on different parts in every unit to connect the overall theme.
That Warcry scenery is ace as well - what paints did you use for the stone pillars and for the bell?

Vintersorg

Zombie
Jan 30, 2012
Really liking how those skellies are coming along! Also liking how you use purple on different parts in every unit to connect the overall theme.
That Warcry scenery is ace as well - what paints did you use for the stone pillars and for the bell?

The bell was done with Vallejo weapon bronze, then agrax earthshade and hightlighted with bronze again, I think (it's a few years ago, so I'm not sure).
For the stone pillars I did a zenithal priming first (black first, then white from above), then I followed the warcry scenery painting guide from Warhammer TV :)

Vintersorg

Zombie
Jan 30, 2012
Slow progress this weekend (I blame the Steam sales and the new Arkham Horror boardgame expansion :D ).
My son plays Warhammer Underworlds and convinced me to buy a warband, since I can add these to my Soulblight army.
So hereby the first model of that warband, Gorath the enforcer.
I still need to finish the base and clean up some errors (most notable the grey splotch on his foot)

1624875780331.png

Excuse the poor quality of the pic. The colours are a bit too bright.

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
Some nice updates. Looking over the pics one thing I've noticed are really clean lines, do you have a really steady hand as compared to when I used to paint, you don't appear to have any smudges or accidental line crossing!

The piece of terrain is awesome is well, in fact it's so good to doesn't even look painted which is a hard thing to do.

On your pics - are you using the macro mode on your phone or camera, looks like a little flower? Might help?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu