• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Belladamma Voltaire

Vyrkos Primogen
True Blood
Aug 15, 2007
Manchester, UK
I checked back on here and saw that the first one of these I posted was in 2007, which does not feel like the amount of time ago that it was and here I am nearing 15 years later and still going!

Suffice to say in that time I feel like my painting skill has improved massively and with all of my Age of Sigmar currently getting based and touch-ups for 3rd Edition, I thought I would share some of the creatures I have painted as I complete them!

So, with this in mind, the first couple of pictures I wanted to share are of the Cursed City. These were done in a fit of painting recently and like many of my models, just need some sealing to be totally completed but for the moment, First up, the adventurers of Ulfenkarn:-

Brutogg.jpg

Cleona7.jpg

Elf.jpg

Jelsen.jpg

Octren.jpg

Thundrik.jpg

Van Alten.jpg

20210503_074401.jpg

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
You have been busy! I great collection of models, lovely palette choices and good detail.

I can just remember your plog back in the day, and now I have the urge to go and find your original one! 😁😁

Belladamma Voltaire

Vyrkos Primogen
True Blood
Aug 15, 2007
Manchester, UK
They say Age Of Sigmar is for kids until they see that THING with the shovel!

The paintjobs are ace man, keep it up!

Thank you.

Also, happy Friday, here are a random assortment of some of the death and death adjacent minions from the past few months. As I rebase them I'll grab some new pictures with the other halfs lightbox and upload them in a less chaotic manner!

20201031_224130.jpg

20210106_122824.jpg

20210115_120141.jpg

20210125_122936.jpg

20210312_144910.jpg

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
So much to see! I'm definitely going to need more pics of Nagash! How did you find the model? He's one I fancy getting just to put it up and display - I always felt the old clown model never did him justice and was all 😍 when I saw the new sculpt. My reservation was that it looked like a complex kit!

Belladamma Voltaire

Vyrkos Primogen
True Blood
Aug 15, 2007
Manchester, UK
So much to see! I'm definitely going to need more pics of Nagash! How did you find the model? He's one I fancy getting just to put it up and display - I always felt the old clown model never did him justice and was all 😍 when I saw the new sculpt. My reservation was that it looked like a complex kit!

The video GW did for painting Nagash remains one of their best to date because it includes a very simple to use blending guide. I found Nagash a real genuine joy to paint. He's also a monster on the table.

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
Do you find he's worth his points then? A few seem to think he's overpriced for what he is. Still, I think we have one of the best large models around in our faction.

We're going to be looking at linking to the GW videos, so cheers for the heads up.

Raven Torrid

Staff member
Sep 3, 2011
Croatia
Looking good! I especially like the teal and the boney parts. Have you used the oil paints on the whole miniature? What's the first impression like?

Apr 13, 2015
Cleveland, Ohio
Some really awesome stuff!

These are my three favorites. The first because the contrast and colors scream "danger!" Painting picked up on that danger element of the sculpt.

The second because it captures a more modern horror aesthetic, keeps some cool tones but the red ties it in with the rest of the figures.

The third because it is a classic undead/skeleton in great colors for the army, weathering of the armor, etc.

Reactions: Belladamma Voltaire

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu