• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Von Carstein banner/emblem

Christophe von Carstein

Vampire Count
True Blood
I should know this as im sure I've read/seen it before but my mind is literally drawing a total blank but what is the actual emblem/symbol for the von carsteins/sylvania that they have on their banners, perhaps described in vampire wars or one of the army books or just anywhere for that matter?

I know GW has that von carstein upgrade pack but im not a fan of the banner and im just picturing like a wolf head, a bat, a crescent moon and just a number of totally different things it could be any info or pics would be really helpful thanks

Lynks

Lord of RAW
Staff member
True Blood
This is the 'Drakenhof Banner', the battle standard of the Bon Carsteins as shown in the 7th edition VC rulebook.

It is the same banner that you will find on the forgeworld Wight king battle standard bearer

You were picturing everything correctly, all the elements are there :tongue:

I vaguely recall that banner (the illustration in the army book not the forgeworld version of it) was different an edition earlier. I think they did a quick re-paint to make it fit the one-wing notion. Alas my old army books are at home while i'm interstate with family for the holidays.

Reaper

Wight King
The banner Lynks posted is from 7th edition. There was no Von Carstein official banner displayed in 6th edition book I believe.

Generally wolves are sign of Von Carsteins.

Sylvania itself have a bit different emblems - It's banner is red dragon with golden crown standing on his back legs and holding sword with black background. You can take a look at it in Uniforms and Heraldry of the Empire book, page 57.