• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Voting Thread. Turning the World to Darkness: A Christmas Carol

Cast your vote!

• 1. robtion - Were-ghulf the red nose werewolf

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • 2. Borgnine - "Jingle Bells" by Tolly Glocklinger

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • 3. Unas the slayer - "The Wolves' Pack Is Coming to Town"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4. Theerteen - O Christmas Knight

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 5. Shadespyre - Silent (K)Night

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Borgnine

Staff member
True Blood
Once again we are going with the voting phase of our little competition - still feeling some holiday spirit! Maybe some people managed to get some actual snow in this time ;)

The current topic is 'A Christmas Carol, as proposed by @Shadespyre . This means that every entry was supposed to go with a christmas song. We have 5 entries this time and everyone gets ONE vote.

Just like the last time, the voting phase will be 14 days long - the topic will close at about 9:20 GMT, 24th of January.

Subscribers who get notifications about the voting:
@robtion
@Adam_Barrow
@Eyeless
@Mad 'At
@Azakael
@Shadespyre
@Farmer7574
@Devour the Cabbage
@Nikos
@Leithel
@Mioum
@Angie
@Sessioni
@Pigbones
@Raizi
@Nagash Worshiper
@Unas the slayer
@edwardvlad
@Theerteen
@Malisteen

The contestants:

1. @robtion - Were-ghulf the red nose werewolf

Were-ghulf the red nose werewolf,
Had a very bloody nose,
And if you ever saw it,
It would be during death throes.

All of the other Varghulfs,
Used to laugh and call him names,
They never let poor Were-ghulf,
Join in any Varghulfs maims.

img_20191216_155622-jpg.58995

img_20191216_155754-jpg.58996

img_20191216_155728-3-jpg.58997

2. @Borgnine - "Jingle Bells" by Tolly Glocklinger

tollychristmas_cn-jpg.58998

3. @Unas the slayer - "The Wolves' Pack Is Coming to Town"

You better watch out
You better not cry
You better not pout
I'm telling you why

The Wolves' Pack is comin' to town

It sniffs you when you're sleeping
He hears you when you're awake
No matter if you've been bad or good
It will find you anyway

The Wolves' Pack is comin' to town

dire-wolves-ridotto-1-jpg.58999

dire-wolves-ridotto-2-jpg.59000

4. @Theerteen - O Christmas Knight

O Christmas knight, o Christmas knight
How lovely are thy green clothes.
O Christmas knight, o Christmas knight,

Your boughs so green in summertime
Stay bravely green in wintertime
O Breton' ghost, o Christmas knight

Let us all remember
In our gift giving and our merriment
With our family and friends and loved ones
The real and true meaning of Christmas
The birth of our Lord and Savior, Green Knight
of Bretonnia!

proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2Fo8xi4JZ.jpg&hash=081d36214058d6d0267dcb2acfe14df3

proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FRe4lRw8.jpg&hash=789df37ea813ce20c013e487fb8396bf

proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FO1IVSYG.jpg&hash=150d9f039014f52c9a16bf94138b2c39

5. @Shadespyre - Silent (K)Night

proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fi1147.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fo541%2FShadespyre%2FWARHAMMER%2FVampire%2520Counts%2Fdragon%2520side_zpsifo19y5k.jpg&hash=4b7bc86d9fd6bf4bc34a8269b96a6f71

proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fi1147.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fo541%2FShadespyre%2FWARHAMMER%2FVampire%2520Counts%2Fdragon%2520quarter_zpsj6q0o3ip.jpg&hash=faf6d2a7f31d9eb5a938cafcff9bcff2

Happy voting everyone!

I gave my vote to @Borgnine : not only that is a beatutiful mode, but there was no need to change or alter the xmas song, thus fitting perfectly the theme!

the chaotic bunch by @robtion is the most impressive piece of the bunch. It's a nightmarish vision, and would be a solid winner, but i cannot give more than one vote.

@Theerteen : i've never been in love with Bretonnia. Except for the Green Knight, and this one is lovely. And the song is superb!

@Shadespyre : i have a soft spot for those undead dragons (well, who doesn't?) and i really like your little diorama, with its feeling of cold decay.

I won't talk about my entry, but they are my little hungry puppies.

Kudos to you all guys!

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
@Unas the slayer Heh, same :D Side fact, I was gifted the mini, because I told a friend that I always have wanted it, and he had it and had no use for it. I don't have one either, so I will do a small diorama around the knight and will gift it back to him, because all I ever wanted was painting it ;)

robtion

Vampire Thrall
@Unas the slayer Those pesky, sun loving (hssssss) lizards huh? Who would've thought it. :vampire1:

Soooo...mighty quiet around here. Anyone else ready to get the next challenge started?

Borgnine

Staff member
True Blood
The new competition is up if anyone is interested :) Sorry for the Tardiness.

@Unas the slayer I looked at the Lustria site and it is indeed active and defies the death that many forums face nowadays, it seems like someone properly managed it into Age of Sigmar. DoN here had some ideas how to do it, but he fizzled out shortly after reappearing and we don't have anyone to replace him, so this slow drifting along is all we're left with, I guess... still, you guys over at Khemri got the shortest end of the stick, with GW throwing Tomb Kings down the train, there's not much to build AoS community around it :(