• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Voting Thread. Turning the World to Darkness: Creatures of the Night

Cast your vote!

• 1. Theerteen - Mounted Revenant King

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 2. Shadespyre - "Way Too Many Dead Dragons"

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • 3. Unas the slayer - Reikenor the Grimhailer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4. Farmer7574 - Farmer's Vargheists

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 5. robtion - Sewer Golem

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Borgnine

Staff member
True Blood
And here we go again with another voting phase - a bit later than we anticipated, but in a bigger company! With some really cool entries to boot!

The current topic is 'Creatures of the Night', as proposed by @Farmer7574 . We have 5 entries this time and everyone gets ONE vote.

Just like the last time, the voting phase will be 14 days long - the topic will close at about 22:40, 4th of November.

Subscribers who get notifications about the voting:
@robtion
@Adam_Barrow
@Eyeless
@Mad 'At
@Azakael
@Shadespyre
@Farmer7574
@Devour the Cabbage
@Nikos
@Leithel
@Mioum
@Angie
@Sessioni
@Pigbones
@Raizi
@Nagash Worshiper
@Unas the slayer
@edwardvlad
@Theerteen
@Malisteen

Now, the contestants:

1. @Theerteen - Mounted Revenant King

proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FpwAcR35.jpg&hash=ad7c51ce2f621cae218ba9b9818cf950

proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FoNQHy0Q.jpg%3F1&hash=0f1f7b3ecb06f6007b48e26141dc8cab

proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FIqdo5bq.jpg%3F1&hash=ee945ee6cd20e353e8d8fb0dcff689c6

2. @Shadespyre - "Way Too Many Dead Dragons"

proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fi1147.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fo541%2FShadespyre%2FWARHAMMER%2FVampire%2520Counts%2FNew%2520Vampire%2520Counts%2Fedited-image_zpsiraa9j9o.png&hash=ff11dd6fd815bf430db6e18ade74829f

3. @Unas the slayer - Reikenor the Grimhailer

reikenor-1-jpg.58868

reikenor-2-jpg.58869

reikenor-base-jpg.58870

4. @Farmer7574 - Farmer's Vargheists

proxy.php?image=https%3A%2F%2Fi.postimg.cc%2FK8vHPw1z%2FCompetition.jpg&hash=9c624d0e9ef1a13397324d0ef23fd407

5. @robtion - Sewer Golem

img_20191021_160639-jpg.58888

Happy voting everyone!

Farmer7574

Vampire Count
True Blood
Beautiful entries everyone

A hard choice once again. I think you've hit the nail on the head right there @Shadespyre - a stunning example of a creature of the night. You have my vote.

I'm a massive fan of @robtion 's Sewer Golem too - a solid competitor and a classic example of the crazy stuff he comes up with.

@Theerteen A nice conversion you've made there for your guy's mount - I watched 'The Thing' recently and he kinda reminds me of that :D

@Unas the slayer An interesting mash of warm and cold colours you've used there, which I haven't seen much on Nighthaunt. I think you need to invest in some liquid green stuff though to fill those gaps xD

Last edited:
@Theerteen : oh my, that mount is creepy as it should be an insectoid.... hungry thing. Not a fan of that particular model of rider, but the mount alone was almost going to steal my vote.

@Shadespyre :i fell in love with that rotten little dragon. Perfect painting, great details. i coldn't pass away.

@Farmer7574 : the result for those vargheists is exceptional: very clean painting, great colors and nice smooth transitions between them on the wings. They are maybe too "perfect" to be mad corpse eaters.

@robtion : really beautiful and original. I'm amazed by the quantity and quality of unusual models you guys come up with... it the winner accepts suggestions, a great theme could be "Unholy conversions".

@Unas the slayer An interesting mash of warm and cold colours you've used there, which I haven't seen much on Nighthaunt. I think you need to invest in some liquid green stuff though to fill those gaps xD
Tnx for the appreciations and the suggestion. Yeah, those cracks are not pleasant: looking the model in reality and seeing it on the tabletop, those went almost unnoticed... but a zoomed photo shows them too much clearly!

Shadespyre

Vampire Thrall
@Unas the slayer Nothing shows up flaws like a photograph! I try to avoid posting close ups of all but my best work. I only put up one picture of the dragon because it looks worse in every other photo I took :innocent:

I always love the creativity that we see on this forum, to the extent where I feel bad about posting an unconverted model. But in this case I decided to vote for @Farmer7574 's Vargheists, because as pointed out the only possible flaw is that they are flawless! :tongue:

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
@robtion Thanks, there was a bunch of stuff which was too nice to not use, so that guy popped outta the "melting" progress xD Really, you don't ride the rider model? I always wanted that guy, in my eyes he is one of those "Ultra GW guys", you know, the ones which you can always tell are gw models :D but of course it's not everyones favour xD

robtion

Vampire Thrall
I have added my vote to Shadespyre's decrepit looking forest dragon because that is my bag baby, yeah (sorry rewatched Austin Powers recently).

Could really have voted for any of the entries as they all have their own charm.

@Farmer7574 That painting :| Smooth :thumbsup: