• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Apr 23, 2008
Behind the Throne
I dunno if its ever been mentioned but there is a warhammer mod for the Civilisation 3 game.
I downloaded it the other day (actually bought the game just for the mod) and its pretty fun if your into strategy games.
From a vampire point of view you can be Sylvania or Lahmian, I'm personally enjoying a good game with the von Carstein's (Sylvania).

The mod is brilliantly done it can be found here

The itself is this one here
You need the conquest expansion though.

I picked up the complete addition for five pound brand new in game =]

Anyways just mentioning it hehe

Azahul

Vampire Count
True Blood
Aug 20, 2007
I've played this mod quite extensively (had it for two or three months now). It's a huge amount of fun. Just about the only army you can't play as is Ogre Kingdoms, who are instead available as mercenaries for every other civilisation. There are also a lot of nations that don't make it as armies in warhammer, such as Araby, Cathay, Albion, Estalia, Tilea, and so on.
Personally, I love the undead nations (although I actually enjoy Khemri over the vampire nations, even if vampires are really rather powerful. Still, Khemri has the Black Pyramid...). Once you get the Necromancy technology in the third age, allowing you to construct the Spell of Awakening wonder, you can mass produce a truly colossal army of skeleton warriors. Watching enemies drowning under the weight of the skeletal hordes is just so much fun xD Unfortunately, I always ended up alone on my continent pretty quickly, and transporting those massive armies over sea can be a real pain.
I love some of the other aspects of the game, like how pollution from the original civilisations has been replaced in this mod with chaos mutating the land around your cities. It's really well done, and unlike normal civilisations a lot of the early units never truly become obsolete. While normally spearmen would be replaced later in the game by riflemen, in this mod keeping your old spearmen is actually a viable tactic, as the later units take so much longer to build and produce. A lot of the first age units are still decent soldiers even in the last age, which I believe is a great thing (it certainly prevents things like armies composed entirely of Ushabti, Grail Knights, or Black Guard, as the weaker units can actually be recruited at a fast enough rate to make them worthwhile).

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu