• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Warhammer FAQ. Part Deux

Danceman

The Devil in Pale Moonlight
True Blood
...and here is the link!

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m2220025_Warhammer_FAQ__PART2_Jan_2009.pdf

Some really interesting clarifications and grey areas erased, for example magic lances on foot = no more lance or magic weapon, time to start swinging your hand weapon. Also no more "creative" maneuvering and positioning to make you fail charges when charging skirmishers, while you charge the closests model, the closest model is now defined as the closest model in terms of the model you can reach(worth noting though, if you can reach the model closests you still go for that one, not the one using up the least possible movement).

Danceman.

The Dark Sheep

Master Vampire
True Blood
Seems like I'm not the only one trying to check out the FAQ. I've been trying to load the page for ten minutes now... o.o

Beat me to it, Danceman! Ah well, I'll pase my thoughts here as well:

No Beast Cowers on Daemons!!

And yikes - killing blow is incredible in challenges. Much better than I thought. And Steal Soul gives you a wound even if you don't cause one! Lore of Death and Crimson Gem could be quite nice. Target a hero, even if you don't wound him, get a wound. Sacrifice it for another dice....

Fodderboy

Master Necromancer
True Blood
It also lumps the banshee's scream in with missiles, so wristbands will now work against it.

Any other 'missile only' saves I should know about before I get my butt kicked?

N.I.B

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Fodderboy said:
It also lumps the banshee's scream in with missiles, so wristbands will now work against it.
It already did. Wristbands doesn't mention the word 'missiles' it only refers to ranged attacks.

Necro on corpse cart now takes up 8 spots in the unit for rank calculation. Still feels dodgy, but that is the way they ruled on it.

8? I think it tooks the place of 10 models! remember the base for the corpse cart is 50mm x 100mm (so 2 infantry bases (20mm) x 5 infantry bases = 10)

Fodderboy

Master Necromancer
True Blood
So that means that the CC is worth 80-90 points of skellies for ranks... awesome!

Page 95, Magic Resistance, first paragraph. The
second sentence should be replaced with:
‘The number in the brackets indicates the
maximum number of extra dice that may be rolled
when trying to dispel each spell that is targeted
against the magically resistant unit.’

Since your not targeting any one unit than Winds of Undeath does not cause someone to use their MR..interesting.

also

Q. If a character declares a lone charge out of a
unit against an enemy armed with missile
weapons, and the enemy elects to Stand and Shoot,
whom do they target with their Stand and Shoot
reaction – the character or his unit?
A. They will target the character’s unit, and if the
unit panics and flees, it will take the character with
them.

So if you charge out of a unit of ghouls with your vampire and they have stand and shoot, they have to shoot the ghouls and not your vampire.

The Shadowmage

Fodderboy

Master Necromancer
True Blood
shadowmage said:
Since your not targeting any one unit than Winds of Undeath does not cause someone to use their MR..interesting.
Is that the case, or are you targetting every enemy unit on the table, allowing the opponent to use the highest MR? IIRC, the spell just calls for a roll for each enemy unit.

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
A reasonable Errata, though it took me bloody ages to load.Though the ruling on Celestial Shield is dumb. The wizard can't see his own unit?

Danceman

The Devil in Pale Moonlight
True Blood
Fodderboy said:
shadowmage said:
Is that the case, or are you targetting every enemy unit on the table, allowing the opponent to use the highest MR? IIRC, the spell just calls for a roll for each enemy unit.
The keyword is "targeted". It was debateble before but now it is crystal clear, area of effect spells seem to ignore MR wholly. This isnt even a dodgy loophole, it plainly what it reads. Cant see how it would work any other way.

Danceman.

I don't normally run my units with 5 ranks initially, so it makes no difference to points costs. But true, the CC could let you get +4 ranks with the standard, with only 15 models.

N.I.B

Master Necromancer
True Blood
shadowmage said:
So if you charge out of a unit of ghouls with your vampire and they have stand and shoot, they have to shoot the ghouls and not your vampire.
Only if the vampire's unit is within range of the whole missile unit. Otherwise they shoot the charging vampire when it comes closer.

N.I.B

Master Necromancer
True Blood
And make sure that all Flamer models are in your charge range, not just the closest model.