• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Sception

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Sep 23, 2009
CadoEzechiar.png

Wasn't expecting any Death releases, so this one very nice new named vampire hero (& their associated Black Library novel) was a pleasant surprise.

• Love
Reactions: Grave Tacticus

Grave Tacticus

Staff member
Jul 26, 2020
Utah
Love the Carstein vibes, but here's another iteration of Vampires don't maintain their armaments. It's like they're all moneyless nobles squabbling over... Oh, I see what you did there GW. Still a fantastic model though.

Sception

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Sep 23, 2009
Love the Carstein vibes, but here's another iteration of Vampires don't maintain their armaments. It's like they're all moneyless nobles squabbling over... Oh, I see what you did there GW. Still a fantastic model though.

It fits with this specific guy, who apparently was a king but lost his kingdom to chaos and has been surviving as a vagabond/mercenary for decades or centuries. Or at least, that's what the presenters seemed to suggest.

Raven Torrid

Staff member
Sep 3, 2011
Croatia
The model looks great, and quite fresh and different than how our Vampires are usually represented. The only thing I'm not a fan of is the head, never liked topknots on miniatures (I'm looking at you Ragnar and Abaddon). Will be considering a headswap, but I do admit that the wind effect on hair is very cool.

The Sun King

Staff member
True Blood
Aug 22, 2012
Copenhagen
Cool dynamic sculpt - but did we really need more vampire hero models? :P Maybe they could have stuck him on a horse just so that he actually added something to the army, but hey - cannot really complain about new toys. :)

Rapscallion

Zombie
Jan 26, 2022
Very cool model! I will definitely be adding him to the collection. I hope he has some cool rules to go along with him. I might have to pick up that novel.

Grave Tacticus

Staff member
Jul 26, 2020
Utah
After mulling it over for a while, he's definitely got a Heroes of Might and Magic 5 vampire thing going on.

Oppenheimer

Vargheist
May 26, 2013
After having converted the Crimson court and got the anniversary vampire I already have so many vampire lords on foot to field. I hope he has his own rules.

Reactions: The Sun King

Sception

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Sep 23, 2009
He's supposed to get his own rules as a named character, but I don't put a lot of hope in them standing out terribly. I don't thing GW wants to be in a position where obscure non-battletome units are needed to run factions to full effect. When this has happened in the past - eg the mourngul & the guardian of souls w/ mortality glass in Nighthaunt - they subsequently stepped in to either nerf the non-book unit (Mourngul) or remove it from matched play entirely (GoSwMG).

The Sun King

Staff member
True Blood
Aug 22, 2012
Copenhagen
Yeah I agree. I think it would be bad for competitive play if exclusive/limited models became so good that you had to field them.

Sception

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Sep 23, 2009
I don't think this guy is supposed to be a limited run or anything (at least, not any more limited than everything is these days). I wouldn't be surprised if he was included in our next battletome (and likewise wouldn't be surprised if some of the cursed city characters weren't included). But yeah, for now he's a non-battletome unit, and while those are sometimes quite strong, it's usually by accident and often gets 'fixed' before too long.

Irisado

Ancient Vampire Lord | Siphoner of Spammers
Staff member
True Blood
May 22, 2010
Nottingham, UK
So, this model is what happens if Lord Elrond is turned into a vampire :D . It's an interesting concept, but it doesn't quite hit the mark for me. It just looks a bit middle of the road and nothing really stands out.

• Love
Reactions: Grave Tacticus

Raven Torrid

Staff member
Sep 3, 2011
Croatia
He is going on preorder next week, and this is what Warhammer Community has to say regarding the rules:

"On the tabletop, he’s a threat to other heroes with that lethal greatsword and a selection of haunted rings, while his elegant armour protects him from all but the worst reprisals. "

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu