• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

What next

What should I add next?

• Total voters
Ok so I have purchased 60 Skeletons and 20+ Grave Guard as well as some Characters on foot. I was debating on what to buy next, and thinking that I would buy either a Corpse Cart or a Varghulf. I do also plan on getting Black Knights and Wraiths from Mantic when they become available.

Anyway what do you guys think would be the best addition to my army.

U

ulrik

The Vargulf.

Since you have lots of basic ranked up troops on foot, the V would give you some nicely needed variation. And personally I dont like the Corpse Cart model, would never ever recommend it in any army.

midean

Vampire Count
True Blood
Agree also. The Vargulf. They come in so handy and way more uses for them than a corpse cart.

ChaosJedi666

Black Knight
Someone has to go for the underdog. "Something Else" is a little too vague, and whilst the CC may not be the best looking model, I mean, come on. Its a cart loaded with putrid rotting corpses. Idea = Win. Model = Fail. Maybe they tried to steal the idea from Monty Python (who could forget the "Bring out your dead" scene:zombie:) Oh, see what everyone means now. Damn, maybe I'll just sculpt my own. Keep you're eyes peeled for it.
*be a couple of weeks/months before I get round to doing it, but I will. Before xmas, hopefullyxD
BTW, if you haven't seen Monty Python and the Holy Grail, don't do anything other than rent it out and watch one of the best movies ever made. Enough said.

ChaosJedi666 said:
"Something Else" is a little too vague
Something else was intended to give people the option of saying that on the poll and leaving a comment of "Take blood knights instead" for example

U

ulrik

I'm having fond memories from the original Corpse Cart miniature that existed way back when Vampires and Mummies were united in the Undead army:

A bony skeleton chariot, pulled by an skeleton ox, with a wraith and a pile of skeleton bones and heads on the wagon. Looks kind of like a really fragile little bony wagon, but still very frightening.

So, if you have time and energy to make a conversion, field a Corpse Cart (because yes, in gameplay it's quite okay and useful I guess) but if you want a cool looking army and the respect of your opponent, keep away from the current Corpse Cart model!

midean

Vampire Count
True Blood
If you don't like ours you could always go for GameZones cart. Looks pretty cool to me......:thumbsup:

http://www.gamezoneminiatures.de/product_info.php/info/p441_Skelettkarren-des-Seelenf-ngers.html

Ah, Monty Python. Did you also pick up that Holy Grail is set in the year 93²AD?

On topic, definatly Vargulf. I wish i had one...
I got the £50 boxset, and i often use my corpse cart as a black coach- something else i must get. I find the corpsecart hardly effective at all.

Randar

Grave Guard
i say corpse cart its more versatile to compliment your infantry heavy army with Always strike first bound spell! grave guard great weapons striking 1st is nice. plus you can put a necromancer on it hide it in skeletons or give it load stone or bale fire a lot of options and it has armor save + Regen.
the varghulf will do more damage in combat but has no support ability to enhance your troops fighting and healing capacity nor hinder your foes spell casting. eventually get both i have 2 of each myself xD but atm your army is slow moving and infantry cart will aid you more in fight for combat resolution and snake eyes i win !

OF course the plan is to get both over time but I only have some much money and time so I want to get which ever one will bring the most benefit to the force I can build at the moment.

Bishop

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Varghulf, hands down.

Then when you get some Black Knights, they will have a "marching" friend ;)

Danceman

The Devil in Pale Moonlight
True Blood
I have to echo the rest of the people here. If you intend to get Wraith and Black Knights then a Varghulf is the way to go. While you're at it I would also invest in 10 dire wolves as in addition of the units you've listed they too will make a fine addition to the rest of your army.

3 x 20 skeletons(or less if you intend to start with smaller units and raise them up).
2 x 5 wolves
1 x Grave Guard
1-2 units of Black knights
1 unit of wraiths
1 Varghulf
Some characters.

Sounds like a very good starting point to me.

Burnanation

Crypt Horror
I see nothing wrong with a CC in an core heavy army, but if it came down to CC or the Varghulf I'd start with the Varghulf. It will give you some extra room for extra tactics.

Danceman has kindly posted the general outline for my army as well! Thank you :thumbsup: