• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Vege Zombie

Zombie
Dec 29, 2011
What undead creature would you fear most in real life? Why?

In my opinion, scariest undead would have to be a wraith.
They're just so spooky with their scythes and black robes and of course
they are the basic image of death.:skull:

hairyjeff

Crypt Horror
May 10, 2011
Always Zombies. Don't know why, but they freak me out completely as a "real" idea.I think it's to do with the thought of what we know becoming the unknowable, ie, we know someone who changes to an absolutely different type of being. Or is that a bit deep?

Raizi

Vampire Thrall
Oct 16, 2011
Corpse cart. Something that you wake up at night as it clatters through the streets. The next morning you hear that a few kids and an old lady next door went missing during the night.

Modern version would prolly be some kind of creepy ice cream van. When you hear the tune, close the doors...

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
Hmm, that's a really good question. I think I would have to agree with Wraiths / ghosts, purely because at least with the others you can hit them back. xd

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
Oct 30, 2009
Behind Darvy
Banshees.
There is very little you can do against a banshee scream, just cover your ears, and that just slightly reduces the amount of pain and agony you will be in before your eardrums burst and your heart stops.

Leogun_91

Zombie
Nov 3, 2007
Top three:
1) Dire wolves/Doom wolves, having been afraid of dogs as a kid and, while not afraid any more still able to find them unsettling, I find normal wolves to be really scary and would be utterly terrified if chased by half-rotting giant wolves able to outrun a horse.
2) Zombie Dragon, it's a huge rotting fantasy creature, except making me paralyzed with fear it would likely herald Ragnarök if it turned up here.
3) Abyssal Terror, the poor vampires zombie dragon still spells certain doom for me and is both huge and utterly terrifying.

Zephyr

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Mar 3, 2008
Rotterdam
Any ethereal, you just can't run anywhere safe as they will just float through the walls. The Banshee's scream sounds horrible enough from the descriptions.

Zombies also creep me out as they are probably people you once knew, it's the psychological factor. Combine that with slowly being eaten/ripped apart...no thanks!

Vampires I would probably beg to be turned :twisted: At least if they kill you it might be over really soon or, according to most mythology, you might even enjoy being drained.
Still they are the most cunning and individual Undead and I can't imagine being taken as a prisoner by one who is bored is much fun.

Alexos

Ghoul
Oct 20, 2009
I'd have to go with a split between Crypt Ghouls/ Horrors. Nothing like deranged once-humans coming up from the local cemetery. :grave::swear:

Leech

Zombie
Dec 28, 2011
Belfast
GHOULS

Wraiths, Vampires, Zombie dragons etc are all very powerful but they are also very rare. The chances of having to deal with them are very low. Zombies and Skeletons are more common but they are stupid and can be easily outwitted.:zombie2:

I think Ghouls would be the worst. Like Vampires they will actively seek people out for food but they are far more common. They also attack in packs which makes them nearly as big of a problem as a Vampire would be. Unlike the other lesser undead they are also smart, in a primitve way. They won't bash for hours at a heavy door like Zombies but sneak in through the sewers and get us in our beds.:scared:

It is like in Jurassic Park. The T,rex huge and or powerful like a Wraith or other greater undead was very big and scary but there was only one of it. The Velociraptors on the other hand like Ghouls were much smaller but there were more of them. They could open doors and come in to chase us about. Also due to their smaller size one person would be good meal for them and worth chasing. The T,rex would find a human a small meal and so pay less attention to us as it hunted bigger things:grave:.

spineyrequiem

Necromancer
Oct 16, 2011
For me... wraith or other kind of ghost. Particularly one that could go at the exact same speed I can long-distance run at. Knowing that you can't hide, can't fight back, can only run until you're too exhausted to carry on... that would be horrible. Pretty much everything else, I feel I could theoretically fight (wouldn't be EASY, in fact it'd also be very nearly impossible with a lot of them), but if I've got no way to hurt it...

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
Oct 30, 2009
Behind Darvy
Thinking that wont stop them from getting you, and a banshee doesnt need to touch you to burst your eardrums and make your brain haemorrage.

Count Darvaleth

I <3 marmite
True Blood
Apr 26, 2010
To be honest, if I was confronted with anything in the whole VC book I'd be scared shitless. Even a single skeleton would be damn terrifying.

Harland

The Colonel
True Blood
Feb 23, 2010
Right Behind you...
Naw, skeletons are fragile and easy to take apart. Think about it - all the body parts that would usually hold them together, such as ligaments, muscels, and discs, are long gone, so a skeleton would be an inch from collapsing anyway.

As for Banshees, no woman (alive or dead) has ever been able to resist the power of my mind.

The Red Warden

Skeleton
Aug 3, 2010
I would vote skeleton actually, and I blame Jason and the Argonaughts for that.

Zombies, vampires, dragons, whatever doesn't bother me as much as some undead warrior or soldier from times past coming after me. Not to mention Skeletons maintain a semblence of intellginece in operating a weapon.

Skeletons with guns..... operating them.

Sep 7, 2010
for me i think it would have to be either Black Knights or Grave Guard, its something about those empty eye sockets and ancient,dirt encrusted armour that gets me.

The Archivist

Archivist of the word The
True Blood
Skeletons would scare me most.
I consider myself a rational person. Ghosts and so on are so unreal I wouldn't really feel fear - just confusion. Zombies are explainable - diseases e.t.c.
But what is rational about a skeleton? It shouldn't exist (nothing to hold it together), yet it is quite solid and tangible. If simple bone can move about in a semblance of order, then what is to stop bone dust moving or any other undead creature existing.
It would be psychologically most devastating for me.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu