• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Wheeling and charging?

Hello you bloody people :konrad:

So my cousin and I ran into an issue or 2. First, how do you properly measure wheeling? Rather, is there some special template that can be used? A measuring tape just doesn't seem to wheel properly :slapface:

Secondly, how does wheeling work on the charge? For example, my Black Knights are in his White Lion's left flank but facing forward instead of facing directly at his Lions. Do I measure from the point of the closest BK? Or do I measure the wheel of the furthest BK for a proper facing and then measure the rest of the charge?

MasterSpark

Nostalgian
Staff member
True Blood
I haven't had any issues with measuring for wheeling - the diagram in the Rule Book (page 13) does show a gently arching arrow but I'd say it is much more feasible to simply measure in a straight line from the position where the model begins and where it stops.

For charging, you will first wheel to bring your unit into a correct facing, and then measure for the rest of the charge from there. A mighty wheeling manouver might well leave you with a failed charge if you misjudge it badly enough. :)

midean

Vampire Count
True Blood
One of the easiest things i found for measuring wheels accurately.

http://www.digitalmeasuringtools.com/q501-0700.shtml

You just hold it along the outer edge of the unit and go. Gives you the exact measurment in inches.

Yanda

Black Knight
I have a friend in my gaming group thats an absolute wheel nazi so this is how I try to appease him =p
so what I do is I try to pin down the corner opposite that im wheeling, so if im wheeling the right side, I pin the left side down so it doesnt move whatsoever. Then use the tape measure to determine how far you have wheeling the right corner and when to stop wheeling and continue your movement.

midean said:
One of the easiest things i found for measuring wheels accurately.

http://www.digitalmeasuringtools.com/q501-0700.shtml

You just hold it along the outer edge of the unit and go. Gives you the exact measurment in inches.
$34?? I'd rather avoid Wheeling as much as I avoid parallel parking!