• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

WHFB to AoS Timeline

Disciple of Nagash

The Perverted One
Staff member
So, I thought it benefit new and old players alike to post up a timeline, from the World that Was (i.e. WHFB 8th Edition) to current (AoS Soul Wars).

Not much content at the moment as I'm still reading, but I'm going to post this as a placeholder for anyone who wants to help and contribute. One area I am a bit fuzzy on is the End Times as I kinda threw a tantrum about the change to AoS :lol: So feel free to post any key incidents - I'm trying for the moment to keep this limited to important Undead activities and wider "world" activities that affected everyone

TIMELINE

The World that Was - Ancient History (Warhammer Fantasy Battles)
- Nehekhara founded
-
-

The World that Was - Prior to End Times (Warhammer Fantasy Battles)
-
-
-

The World that Was - End Times (Warhammer Fantasy Battles)
-
-
- The Old World destroyed

The Mortal Realms - The Age of Myth (Age of Sigmar)
- Sigmar Resurrected
-
-

The Mortal Realms - The Age of Chaos (Age of Sigmar)
-
-
-

The Mortal Realms - The Age of Sigmar
- Stormcast Unleashed
-
-

The Mortal Realms - Soul Wars
- Necroquake
-
-

Irisado

Ancient Vampire Lord
Staff member
True Blood
Thanks DoN :). I look forward to seeing this filled in more, as I missed eighth edition of Warhammer, so I don't really fully understand what happened during the End Times and how the realms of Age of Sigmar came about.

Azakael

Skeleton
Mannfred Von Carstein would be the one to kill Balthasar Gelt, which disrupted the magic that was trying to seal the rend in reality that would allow Chaos to win and destroy the Old World. What a dick.