• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Who has the most wounds?

ironlord

Black Knight
Simple title for a simple question, who has the most wounds in the warhammer universe?
I think it might be the squiggoth or the mamoth but im not sure if official rules have been made for those units yet...

Oh yes and don't worry DoN this question is only being posted here. The Herdstone is getting enough goodies with all my latest beast men models.

MasterSpark

Nostalgian
Staff member
True Blood
Well, the Great Unclean One would take the top spot with its 10 Wounds but if you include those Forgeworld models I think either the Mammoth (12 wounds) or that huge Chaos Dragon would take the cake, though I haven't seen the rules for it if there are any..

Both the Great Unclean One and Steam Tank have 10 wounds.

The Forgeworld War Mammoth (Angkor) has 12 wounds.

EDIT:

wowee, great minds and all that.

I have the pdfs for the Forgeworld beasts, Masterspark.

Attachments

Master Vampire

Master Necromancer
True Blood
I go for the Great Unclean One, if you look for officially noted in the books.

And I buy the fact that Steam Tank has 10 wounds, because I don't know. It's ok to trust The Inspector once every year. xD

Onikaigo

Vampire Lord
True Blood
On a Random note...

that Emperor Dragon? Oh my Lord! @_@ I'd let my opponent play him just once to see how he does, but that's prolly it. I have this unnatural loathing against god like -Flying- creatures. If they're groundpounders, fine. If they Fly, I want to hit them with a real cannonball.

Except I can't get cannons! :mad:

Back on topic.

GW wise, Steam tank or GUO.

Forgeworld, one of those bad boys had a lot of wounds. 12 is rolling around somewhere in my head.

Master Vampire

Master Necromancer
True Blood
On another note, do you think GW should stick to the 1 to 10 scale of characteristics? It is kind of a 'tradition'...

Onikaigo

Vampire Lord
True Blood
Following MV's question above....

I think GW should take a few risks. Here's my order of preference:

1) Hire a playtesting team. Yes, it's a risk, I know! Our armies might be Balanced?! NOOOOOO!

2) Change some of the default characteristics. WS is a big bone with me, as it's only a difference of one point between an Elf who has trained for centuries, and a human/Orc who picked up the weapon ten years ago. I'm a fan of a 12 point stat system at the very least.

3) Some of the 8'th edition rumors I've found intriguing. So, I'm going to say GW should take a risk with 8'th. Let's see if it works out. Just a general thought, do something we're not expecting. Because we're all expecting the worst.

4) Update the remaining army books. C'mon. I want my TK's and Ogres to be updated. Sometime soon.

Swissdictator

Vampire Count
True Blood
A 12 point system might not be bad, at least for weapon skill. Though would the extra two points make a difference? Plus expanding beyond a 12 point system could make certains items/rules/etc either very effective or worthless without a massive update to the army books.

Onikaigo said:
4) Update the remaining army books. C'mon. I want my Chaos Dwarfs to be updated. Sometime soon.
Edited for accuracy. ;-) I don't want to hear TK or Ogres complaining! :tongue:

ironlord

Black Knight
This thread seems to be moving towards a different topic.
I'll start a new thread about 12 point characteristics and we can continue this later. As for now LOCK THE THREAD!

Swissdictator said:
Edited for accuracy. ;-) I don't want to hear TK or Ogres complaining! :tongue:
I was a former Ogre player and I complained, but it wasn't getting me anywhere or doing anything. So I sold the army and bought some Brets (which their magic is a pile of s***). Now I realise that complaining on the rulebooks is just a vicious cycle. Now I shelfed that army and start a VC army, to prevent me for selling the Brets. All army books have their hayday then fade way with the next new army book and it will continue till GW dies.

Abbysal

Crypt Horror
Didn't the Mammoth win with 12 wounds being able to be fielded as 2 rare choices? At only 600+points he's a bargain to boot.:zombie1:

Bishop

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Under the current rules the highest "normal" wound stat would be 10.

Well... back in the day I remember my aptly named "Greater Deamon of Dark Magic" wandering around the board with 30+ wounds :D (my Sorcerer Lord on a Cold One w/Drain Life [iirc, 4th has been a while])

beeblicon

Black Knight
one time i seen this thing called a "player" take out at a good 20 or so models on the board with some fit of rage attack...it probably had a lot of wounds

ironlord

Black Knight
beeblicon said:
one time i seen this thing called a "player" take out at a good 20 or so models on the board with some fit of rage attack...it probably had a lot of wounds
Congratulations, you have won the thread.

Swissdictator

Vampire Count
True Blood
@beeblicon: Was it the bone giant getting his attacks that keep "resetting" or however it works? I can't recall the exact rules on that, but I know it is similar or better than red fury... and if you roll well... well... lots of stuff dies.

Though I might be misread that and it was a schmuck who had a tantrum...

Grish

Liche
True Blood
@Oni:

1) Hire a playtesting team. Yes, it's a risk, I know! Our armies might be Balanced?! NOOOOOO!
- No need. Many players would playtest for free, tournament players. Would hardly need to pay them.

2) Change some of the default characteristics. WS is a big bone with me, as it's only a difference of one point between an Elf who has trained for centuries, and a human/Orc who picked up the weapon ten years ago. I'm a fan of a 12 point stat system at the very least.
- WH "reality" should come in way behind game balance. Game balance first, then explain it. One RPG I remember basically said "elves live forever, so don't practice. Why bother when there's always next year?". It was good, and showed why humans with thier tiny life spans would work damn hard to get good at something and elves would goof off for years at a time.

3) Some of the 8'th edition rumors I've found intriguing. So, I'm going to say GW should take a risk with 8'th. Let's see if it works out. Just a general thought, do something we're not expecting. Because we're all expecting the worst.
- Agreed. I'd like to also say that we have something called "the internet" now. Rules can be flexible and easily updated. Don't be afraid to do something, and then change it. Have the items in the books and the rules online. I realize this may affect their pricing strategy (or may help, having free rulebooks so people can proxy and play with little investment). I'd also recommend they put out templates people can print and glue to cardboard and play. How many outsiders can they draw in with this kind of crazy pricing scheme? "Try this board game! Only costs 50hrs of time + and 300 dollars! then decide if you like it!"

GW is using a 15 year old business model to operate today. Not too smart.

4) Update the remaining army books. C'mon. I want my TK's and Ogres to be updated. Sometime soon.
- Again, living documents, free rulebooks. Get enough people playing your game and buying models, it'll be all good.

ironlord

Black Knight
Grish your well thought out post is highly appreciated...
but in the wrong thread.
If you read through this thread you would realise that I made a thread about the 12 point characteristics and changes to the game system. Here is a Link.

Copy Paste it there please, this is supposed to be about what model has the most wounds, not talking about GW's policy.

Onikaigo said:
Following MV's question above....

I think GW should take a few risks. Here's my order of preference:

That wouldn't solve anything!

Prime example: Blood bowl, if your familar with it, from the First couple editions. IT WAS BRUTAL Finess teams, barely had any one left at the end of the game. (Though they allways won the leagues still) Then one day the studio let some chap off the street in to play with there league.

They couldn't beleive it, but this fellow FOULED every chance he got, he put the ever loving boot to anything he could. He wasn't trying to score goals he was trying to destroy the other team. And low and below NExt edition we had this Panzy Rule called Eye on you, that effectfully nuetered fouling. Oh and you had to roll double six's unmodded to kill a model. Enter the age of pansy bowl we are now in.

What i am getting at, is you want a balanced game. You get people outside Gw to test. Privateer press is a prime example, they give the rules months ahead of time. Used to be to a closed group, but now its an open play test. The idea is simple, Go forth and break and cheese the heck out of our game then tell us what isn't fun to play against.