• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Onikaigo

Vampire Lord
True Blood
May 17, 2008
Germany
For those that don't know, I have a habit of starting ambitious projects, and doing them bit by bit over long periods of time. I have a motivation problem, so whenever the mood strikes me, I do it.

This model is part of my ever so slowly growing Carpe Noctem Brettonian muster. Yes, it's going to take a while. I'm slow like that, but...

The mood has struck me.

Link!

Who, out of the True Bloods and Moderators on this forum, should this model represent? I've got 'Me' already almost done, and so the next one is on deck.

If the model is chosen to represent you, you get to name the Color Scheme, Heraldry, and any small conversion ideas I might be able to pull off. Keep it simple, guys!

There are a lot of true bloods, so I didn't put up a poll. Just list your vote, and I'll take a count in a day or two.

Oh! If you know a model that would -perfectly- represent you, or someone else here, post a link with a name. I'll do my best to get a hold of it and include it as the named individual.

Eventually.

TMS

Staff member
True Blood
Nov 26, 2008
Sweden
I looked at this earlier but couldn't really find an answer due to the relative featurelessness of the model. DoN's suggestion can work though - will the other figures be equally as armoured? If not, then that one could be suited to me rather handsomely. xD

Onikaigo

Vampire Lord
True Blood
May 17, 2008
Germany
Other figures will be different. All models in this army are going to be unique, if I can pull it off.

The model I'm using for myself is much more of a juggernaut, this guy is much more of a 'Support' type dude, in my eyes. But, if we have two votes for MS so far, it looks like he's up for it. :) I'll give it another day or two, though.

Sanai

Stylish Deviant
True Blood
Oct 30, 2009
Behind Darvy
m2050532_99060203111_BretQuestKnight2_873x627.jpg

This guy looks kinda like a DoN to me.

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
Yes I can see that Sanai, but agree with Marcus, I would need something far more perverted on the back.....xd

Onikaigo

Vampire Lord
True Blood
May 17, 2008
Germany
-Laughs-

Alright, back to the Model in question. There are two votes for MS, at least.

And the proposed model for DoN, with suitable....additions to the pack/Baggage. I think that would be doable. Do you have a link to the model itself?

Onikaigo

Vampire Lord
True Blood
May 17, 2008
Germany
Alright, it appears as if MS has won out due to lack of other votes. :)

So, Masterspark, give me a color scheme, and whatever else you could think of that would make that model 'You', per se.

What Heraldry? Please keep this one simple, my skills are still growing.
Primary colors?
Unique features I might be able to add?

TMS

Staff member
True Blood
Nov 26, 2008
Sweden
Hooray, I'm finally going to be made a model of! Immortality beckons! :D

For colours, I'd like to go with...

Armour: polished steel
Leather: black or dark brown
Primary cloth colour: medium blue
Secondary cloth colour: natural/white-ish
Lance shaft: blue or white
Sword scabbard (if there is one): black
Horse: brown or black

Heraldry: a blue-gradient heart (top left to bottom right - bright to dark) inside a heart-shaped frame of bright/white metal. Work that freehand, man. :tongue: Though you could go with a simpler blue instead if you want to, really.

Unique stuff: perhaps a pennant for the bare lance? It could be coloured different than the shaft in the same colours as above (IE, a blue pennant for a white lance and vice versa).

Edit: or, if the lance arm is detachable, perhaps a swap of weapons would be possible? I really am more of an axeman, to tell you the truth. Otherwise the lance will work fine. :)

Onikaigo

Vampire Lord
True Blood
May 17, 2008
Germany
Alrighty then!

I've got my orders, I work the next two days so all I should be able to do is prime it and maybe get a basecoat on, but I'll get working on it at my own pace. Which is to say it'll get done....eventually. :cool: That's how I roll, yo! xD

TMS

Staff member
True Blood
Nov 26, 2008
Sweden
For reference, here's an illustration of that heart emblem I was talking about earlier. I've drawn it for use as the life symbol of a future shoot'em'up player character I'm scripting, but I have also taken a shine to it on a personal level. :D

ai902.photobucket.com_albums_ac221_MasterSpark89_blueheartsredux.png

Onikaigo

Vampire Lord
True Blood
May 17, 2008
Germany
Got it, MS. :)

I'm trying a little work on my blending for that, blending is a weak point of mine. I'm much better with washing/Glazing, just...wet blending in general really stumps me.

It's good practice, though.

Onikaigo

Vampire Lord
True Blood
May 17, 2008
Germany
I've only got two models so far, and planning on Acquiring a new model or two as they strike my fancy. I want a Brettonian army with no two models the same. Period.

And modeling/Painting them after people here seems to be kinda fun, and catching on. Maybe I'll pick someone next, and let them pick their model....

Ideas, ideas.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu