• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Who Will be the Sacrificial Lamb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Fear

Master Vampire
True Blood
So the new army is nearly out, and you know what that means... there will be a battle report in the next White Dwarf where the Vampire Counts army will brutally smash their enemies to the ground, thereby encouraging people to go buy this new, awesome and hard-as-nails new stuff.

So which army do you think we'll see the Vampire defeat? Post your guesses and any other speculation about the battle report here, then when the next WD is released, we can see who had the best idea :mrgreen:

Orcs are a favourite army for WD to wheel out to take a kicking for the new army; even with the army's general weakness, the Orc player will always take the most ridiculous armies: recall the Wood Elves' battle report, where the Orc player tried to outshoot his enemy, or the 3000 point High Elf battle report, where the Orc answer to ASF was to take not a single chariot or pump wagon. So going by past experience, we could be looking at an army entirely composed of Night Goblins. But I doubt they'll do that really, they have to have them fight a "good" army. So my money's on a Dwarf army, and I'll bet that the guy playing them doesn't take many runes that protect against fear.

I personally hope it's HEs. Although that probably won't happen since they were just released previous to VC.

Sirihar

Crypt Horror
I personally would like to see TK go up against the VC. Of course, this is unlikely to happen, and even if it did the TK would get a ridiculous army list.

Then again, the recent WD was still pretty much rubbish, but there was an actual piece of fluff!

Same as the majority, I would love to see Mannfred use his cunning wits to smash some empire witch hunters.

As the most likekly I would empire along with everyone else but what I would like to see, is a huge Blood Dragon style cav fource smashing the Britts

VladtheLad

Grave Guard
Thats impossible. Britts aren't humans, they are like a race spwaned from Chuck Noris blood or sthing with their 5+ward save, 2+ armor save, 16" charge and ranks.

Master Vampire

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Though, surprise surprise, GW will totally surprise us by fighting the Nippon army against VC !

How great a chance would that be o.o

Either way, then it will be uncertain which army will win, as both will be new. :D

Lord Fear

Master Vampire
True Blood
Ahh, now there's a great suggestion- the battle report featuring all four von Carsteins (BUY THEM THEIR AWESOMEZ!!!! sorry for caps MV ;) )...

The Dark Lord Mr Fluffy

Master Necromancer
True Blood
I'd say it will be Empire, because when they were released, VC fought them, and sadly lost. :(
But the new "elder" Manfred will be taking Kurt Helborg apart real slowly like! I'd say the Blood Knights will end up cutting down around 2 units, to make them look less expensive. And obviously, the new dire wolves will somehow win the game for us, making them look "slightly" better... At least thats what I think...

Voltaire

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Thinking about some of the past few issues I'm going to go out on a limb and join the prediction of Chaos being the sacrificial lamb to the Vampire Counts. It will be something silly and dire otherwise and what better way to showcase the Blood Knights than against the Chosen Knights of Khorne. Wait, no the Empire make more sense...who cares, the odds are the VC will win anyway!

Master Vampire

Master Necromancer
True Blood
After second thoughts I might have to go for an army that can be affected by fear. Just like what they did with HE, an all Goblin army? Don't they have some kind of 'special' rule against them? Something to do with fear?

So they'll make the VC look at their best... Now what army can be swarmed, feared, and possibly magiced altogether?

Raziel

Crypt Horror
Non-Slaanesh Chaos? That way they can stick it to chosen Khorne knights who get led around the battlefield while KotBK rip everything to shreds. As an aside, has anyone else noticed they play "practice games" first, and the army that wins them is never a new one? Or is that just me?

N.I.B

Master Necromancer
True Blood
My bet is on Empire, in a 3000 point game to show off as many rares as possible.

Mr Saturday

Vampire Count
True Blood
What the hell, I might as well agree with most folk. The Empire, The VC's traditional enemy, so GW can show units of terrified Empire spearmen filling their trousers and fleeing in all directions. If it were up to me though, it'd be HE. I love seeing those smug Asur getting their just desserts. Also, it'd be great to see how the new VC take them on.

puggimer

Grave Guard
Empire it is. What surprises me is that *SPOILER ALERT (if anyone cares about WD spoilers)* they tie. Either they are trying to downplay the new list, or it really isn't that strong, to not win it's first showing.

Tal Rasha

Grave Guard
Pugg, it wasn't a pitched battle. They fought this crazy scenario where they had to hold a bridge. Victory points were 2 for the VC, 2 for the Empire. 2? What crazy system was this? It was just silly, IMO. I'd like to see a pitched battle. Of course, in the old VC book, vamps were always getting their butts handed to them by the Empire. /cry

Status
Not open for further replies.