• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.
Sep 11, 2009
This is the wyvern from Azhag from O&G i'm painting for a friend.

I think it turned out quite nice.
ai533.photobucket.com_albums_ee335_lucio507986_Azhag_FullBajo_1_1.jpg
ai533.photobucket.com_albums_ee335_lucio507986_Azhag_FullAlto_1_1.jpg
ai533.photobucket.com_albums_ee335_lucio507986_Azhag_Close_1_1.jpg

the skulls, ribs below the face are made from polyesther resin in a rubber mold

Please, C and C are most welcome.

Count Lasombra

Vampire Count
True Blood
Jul 10, 2010
Memphis
Very nice :thumbsup:
I think it needs more contrast IMHO,I'd make the membranes of the wings the same color as the purple on top of the tail.
Then hit it with a dark wash to bring out the crevasses and cut out a little pastel.

untitled_musketeer

Vampire Count
True Blood
Aug 9, 2010
Huddersfield
Hi,

May I first say you've done nice job, especially as Santa said, in breaking away from the standard green! It's a really nice and welcome change from the horribly garish green Orcs normally are.

With regards to the wings I'm not sure whether I agree with Count Lasombra's idea of doing the membrane purple. The could certainly use a little more to differentiate them from the rest of the model. In my opinion membrane needs to be worked from the same palette as skin keeping the tones similar, but making it much paler. Maybe try mixing something like a tiny amount of Elf Flesh and Dheneb Stone/Bleached Bone in progressive amounts to your to make it the little bit paler. After all, if you look at the little membrane between your thumb/fingers it's the same skin, just thinner.

I also think the face could do with a little work to make it seem more living. At the minute it seems quite cold and lifeless so perhaps you could try red and purple washes in the facial recesses, paying particular attention to the eye and nose areas. Red and blue naturally go together so it could look quite nice.

Other than that, you should be really proud of a cracking paint job. I can't wait to see the finished product with the rider on top.

Happy painting,

untitled_musketeer

sea.man

Grave Guard
Dec 22, 2009
Wroclaw, Poland
Good work, I like the base and the blue colour. I fully agree with untitled_musketeer, basically highlight the skin a bit more.

regards,
sea.man :konrad:

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
Very nice I must say. The blue is nicely done as are the details. If you follow the others advice with some more shading and highlighting it will look even more impressive.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu