Recent content by Rilth

  • The masquerade of murder returns! A new game of Vampires Amongst Us has begun. Unmask the killers, trust no one, and try to survive the night. Find out more and sign up now!
  1. R

    Protecting Arkhan the Black (can he be on foot?)

    Here's a question, has anyone else managed to find a way to protect Mortarch Arkhan the Black? I've played 3 games with him now and every game he either gets Wood Elf arrowed to death or Dwarf/Empire/Skaven cannoned to death, with T6 and no way to heal himself outside of combat (I keep him out...
  2. R

    Idea for a Living Vampire Counts army list

    Sun King> Yeah I think that would work, although these are gonna lose a lot of the benefits that Empire have (detachments etc). Crimsonsun> I couldn't help it, I bought a unit of those cultist guys, they look like they're gonna be pretty tough to put together, no instructions and things seem a...
  3. R

    Idea for a Living Vampire Counts army list

    crimsonsun> They look amazing! I've already got a work in progress Necromancer army rule book which I'll show more of when it's a bit further along, but it's more focused around solitary necromancers and their apprentices and "what they found at the local graveyard/battlefield" rather than a...
  4. R

    Idea for a Living Vampire Counts army list

    Yeah, I haven't had any time to work on this lately however what I've got sketched out should be pretty cool. A big idea of the army is that the Vampires really don't care about their servants but the player has to make decisions on whether to sacrifice their own peasant servants (which they...
  5. R

    Favourite non-Vampire Counts army

    I must have been one of the only people to vote for Lizardmen, they're really fun to play but probably because they're the total opposite of Vampire Counts. I mean, not only do you have to learn what charge reactions are, you actually have to use them in order to win. Although that being said...
  6. R

    The Golden Bat Competition 2014

    Good luck to everyone on this, I'm a long time reader and infrequent poster so I have no idea what zombies are haha. Is it possible to enter the competition as an outsider? I mean I'm working on a lot of forest vampire counts conversions at the moment where it's like a treeman surrounded by...
  7. R

    Idea for a Living Vampire Counts army list

    Yeah, the focus would be to combine existing Vampire Counts units with existing Empire units (but weakening them a bit as they wouldn't be as well trained). There would be no Lore of the Vampires however so the only members of the army that can be healed are Vampires themselves through their The...
  8. R

    Idea for a Living Vampire Counts army list

    Hi Rawson, thanks for the reply, it would be quite nice making a vampire + empire army and using it as an Empire force (vampires as heroes, vargheists as demigryphs etc). I'm going to try and write an army list for the force though just to see how it works out. I'd like to put a lot more...
  9. R

    Idea for a Living Vampire Counts army list

    Here's a weird concept I've been pondering about. What if Vampire Counts armies weren't undead? I've long preferred the idea that skeletons and zombies etc should be part of a separate Necromancer army list and that vampires should be a different army entirely. I mean from the lore and all the...
  10. R

    cloud of flies

    Just to Invocation of Nehek this thread, I've just noticed the Errata change to the rule and am wondering if it now makes a vampire with glittering scales invulnerable to lesser troops. I mean the way I read it is as follows: Enemies that require a 5+ to hit the vampire will be hitting on...
  11. R

    Master of the Dead / Summon Creatures of the Night question

    Curses! That is unfortunate, luckily it doesn't happen very often but good to get clarification on the rule.
  12. R

    IoN on HW & BK 1 + WL?

    I agree that the rule and FAQ suggests that Hexwraith UNITS should only be able to regain 1 wound per casting (as the vampiric rule they use as an example is stated the same as the ethereal one). However maybe they have changed their mind and only want vampiric units to be affected, why on earth...
  13. R

    Master of the Dead / Summon Creatures of the Night question

    This has been confusing me for a while as I'm not sure if I've been totally cheating with this rule or not. When a necro with Master of the Dead increases a unit of skeletons past their starting size, does that increase the max size of the unit for other wizards without the rule? For instance...
  14. R

    Choosing a general

    Thanks for clearing this up. For some reason I was thinking that the rules in the VC army book replaced the standard general restrictions rather than being additional constraints on them!
  15. R

    Choosing a general

    This may seem like a daft question however I just want to know what the general consensus is. Unlike other armies where the general is the character with the highest leadership, for VC it has to be a spellcaster with the lore of the vampires. Does this mean that if you take a Vampire Lord and...

About us

  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu