• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Nagash Worshiper

Black Knight
Dec 24, 2014
New project!

I'm involved in a campaign with my friends were every army moving in the map is commanded by the same character for all the army's intended battles. The characters need to look different from each other and it has opened a lot of possibilities for conversions.

This is an oldie, been with me for years and the paint job needs to be updated! I'm also going to add some stuff to make him more unique.

ai1072.photobucket.com_albums_w372_drphiliro_Mobile_20Uploads_image_zpswlmzvtmy.jpg

Nagash Worshiper

Black Knight
Dec 24, 2014
Here he is again with a new look. I'm quite satisfied with the result but sadly I'm not the best of painters so you'll have to bare with my amateur techniques.

ai1072.photobucket.com_albums_w372_drphiliro_Mobile_20Uploads_image_zpsubiti5kw.jpg

ai1072.photobucket.com_albums_w372_drphiliro_Mobile_20Uploads_image_zpsr99aeqwq.jpg

The name is Netzak Von Carstein aka Old Netzak "The mad". He was once cast out of the bloodline family and spent centuries holed up in a forgotten old church tower. His only occupation between feeding and fending of the occasional witch hunter force was to practice with his beloved sword. Recently he has regained favor with "the family" and even thou many court vampires detest him, his skills on the battlefield has earned him a place.
I run him as a classic Strigoi Ghoul King with Sword of Bloodshed, Dragonbane and Red Fury. I think of him as something similar to a Strigoi but not yet so fully gone to their bestial nature. Perhaps the lordly Von Carstein blood is strong in him and so some semblance of civilized dressing manner has stayed with the old lord.

Nagash Worshiper

Black Knight
Dec 24, 2014
New Update!

ai1072.photobucket.com_albums_w372_drphiliro_Mobile_20Uploads_image_zpsvluve7oi.jpg

ai1072.photobucket.com_albums_w372_drphiliro_Mobile_20Uploads_image_zps1vsbea6m.jpg

This is a converted Necrolith Colossus. In End Times 1 Nagash there's a piece, just before the battle of Brettonia describing how Heinrich Kemmler uses necromancy to fuse and mold bodies into a horrible creation.
If any of you reading this has played the video game Dark Souls then I'll remind you of the parts of the game deep in the darkest depths were there are many random undead creatures.
The piece of writing and the setting in Dark Soul was my inspiration for this project. In the Warhammer world the books describe an almost never ending supply of dead bodies and therefor I've assumed that all kinds of dreadful material is available to a powerful Necromancer. As sinews and bone wrap around other material one could assume that a creature could have any shape. In this case I want it to look as a massive beast, half spinning half falling, with sharp or heavy parts killing enemies as it gains momentum.
The creature would probably be fine working without a head but I figured that the dark arcane architect has added it with some small resemblance of an esthetic thought in mind.
Sorry for the bad pictures! What do you guys think? Does it work as an alternative to the real Necrolith Collosus?

Ghoulkin

Zombie
Jan 15, 2012
Cool! I do wish gw would do a proper model for the collosus - but I think we'll be waiting a long time! As for fell bats how about using dark eldar razorwing flocks? I've seen it done before and with an alternate paint job look the part.

Reactions: Nagash Worshiper

Nagash Worshiper

Black Knight
Dec 24, 2014
Thx Ghoulkin! Good idea with the razorwings! I'll check the price for them. It's a realy good idea but i they're to expensive I'll check for alternative manufacturers.

Nagash Worshiper

Black Knight
Dec 24, 2014
Finally managed to do some painting again! I wouldn't be much of a Nagash worshipper if I didn't have access to the greatest of villains! Damn I love this model! It's such a fine piece of sculpturing! I've seen people doing lots of converting, adding something here, improving something there and I think it serves to magnify the splendor of the original. It was a blast not only to paint but also to build. As I've said before I'm definitely not the best of painters but it shouldn't keep anyone from painting this model. I'm very pleased to how it turned out.

ai1072.photobucket.com_albums_w372_drphiliro_Mobile_20Uploads_image_zpsexrnd7hq.jpg

EDITED: Another angle.
ai1072.photobucket.com_albums_w372_drphiliro_Mobile_20Uploads_image_zpsew1qqlbi.jpg

With sword and spirit in this one. I pretty much magnetized every body part. It's very fun to use as wound counters because when he's down to only 1 wound he's floating there with no head and no arms but still lives. Then he get a few spells of and heal up his body and you get the feeling he "regenerates".

ai1072.photobucket.com_albums_w372_drphiliro_Mobile_20Uploads_image_zps5pagkunh.jpg

For now he'll remain unbased because I haven't decided how to make them yet. I've seen people around here doing spirit host bases with cotton or the like as mist and I'm inclined to do the same. Because Nagash draws spirits from the ground it would be kind of cool to place tombstones next to the "focus points" and some mist around the base.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sessioni

Shadespyre

Vampire Count
Aug 11, 2012
Very nice Nagash! Not a fan of the whole End Times thing, but it has produced some impressive models.

Your mad Vampire Count is marvelous. I thought perhaps he should be gripping the sword properly, but the pose actually amplifies the insanity, as if he's showing off the sword rather than about to use it.

Reactions: Nagash Worshiper

Nagash Worshiper

Black Knight
Dec 24, 2014
Thank you! Indeed I agree on the End Times and I also think it was hurried to much. All that stuff in less than a year left me outside much of it. The return of Nagash, Neferata and Arkhan however feels less like the End Times and more like something that could have actually happened in a new army book. I'm also a huge fan of their models.

Haha, glad you enjoy Old Netzak! Sadly it had more to do with my inability to close the metal claw than an actual choice of design that led to the grip but I can imagine he sometimes forget his swordplay entirely and go claws instead.

Nagash Worshiper

Black Knight
Dec 24, 2014
New Update!

I haven't the time to paint much right now since it's crazy busy at work but I try to squeeze in a little session now and then. When starting a project I usually feel the urge to be done as quickly as possible. The result of this, when combined with a limited time at my hand, is a period of lots of characters.

Anyway here's the newest addition, Queen Tiffara.

ai1072.photobucket.com_albums_w372_drphiliro_Mobile_20Uploads_image_zpsnnitk5gw.jpg

ai1072.photobucket.com_albums_w372_drphiliro_Mobile_20Uploads_image_zpsxdslm5tg.jpg

Right now I use her as a Vampire Lord with Quickblood, Beguile, Armor of Glittering Scales, Gold Sigil Sword and Talisman of Endurance. Those of you who enjoyed VC during 6th edition will notice that the build is a close replica of what could be achieved making a Lahmia Vamp Lord, with the exception of armor of course. I wanted her to be fluffy but recognized the truth in that she should at least have some sort of protection.

She's one of the regents for my small Kingdom: Melkoth. I'm involved in a campaign so my realm has it's own fluff.
The background for Tiffara is shrouded in mystery and the first record of her is from when she first approached the present King of Melkoth, Binah Von Carstein, centuries ago. They quickly married and she's the only one who can calm the King when he becomes enraged.
She is very skilled in court politics and is rumored to be the architect of many a rivals fall from the kings side to her own benefit, such as the exile of the Kings own uncle Netzak Von Carstein, or the replacement of the Kings personal champion for one of her own liking, the renown Hood Von Carstein slayer of the Headless Knight.
To assume that Tiffara's skill at political maneuver would make her a coward is foolish indeed for her movements make mockery of all creatures save perhaps the quickest of elves and mostly an opponent will never notice her blade sliding through the heart before they die. Her skills as a sorcerer rivals even that of the King himself and she commands the risen dead as skillfully as a juggler handles a knife.

Right now I'm not sure about this model and I would appreciate feedback. I like the red clothes but I'm wondering if she's to lightly colored for the rest of my army. Maybe if I shaded the cloth with black it would give a very dark/red feeling? What do you people think? As I said help is appreciated!

Reactions: Dragonet

Farmer7574

Vampire Count
True Blood
Dec 10, 2013
England
@Nagash Worshiper You're right! Something I've neglected to do as I'm too occupied painting something or another... Must get on that.

Nice work on that vampire queen. I've decided that most of my vampires will be chicks as they add a nice aspect of beauty to our hordes of rotten troops and boobs always catch the eye!

Nagash Worshiper

Black Knight
Dec 24, 2014
@Farmer7574: I find it springing to mind when I should really do something more important with my life ;).
Female vamps work very well, right? I've been disappointed not to have found any good armored female ones around and then @Shadespyre shows up with a whole army of them.

@Adam_Barrow: Thank you! I'm very pleased with how the cat turned out. I've always found it weird that something so alive should strive around the center of an undead army. Now it's more of a spirit familiar.
How's it going with those converted Necroknights?

Farmer7574

Vampire Count
True Blood
Dec 10, 2013
England
@Nagash Worshiper Yeh @Shadespyre has an insanely awesome army. I think the coven throne vampire girls offer a decent starting point, the clothing on their torsos can mostly be painted up like armour I think. And if you're not a fan of the bodies, the heads are cool enough to make a vampiress conversion.

Nagash Worshiper

Black Knight
Dec 24, 2014
New Update!

After I collected a VC-army awhile ago I came across a cheap deal on eBay for another army. The feeling of a true undead horde is really something and while I was very pleased with the deal it left me with an almost ridiculous amount of characters, most of them from the older generation of VC miniatures. While I managed to sell some of the more unique ones I'm still in possession of some 20 characters. I also have a bunch of Vargheist wings lying around since I built a unit of Crypt Horrors.
Adding the two I figured it was an opportunity to create a new unit as I hate not only the look of the official Vargheist unit but also the fluff. It's like they've used the Vargulfs fluff twice!

WIP so far:
ai1072.photobucket.com_albums_w372_drphiliro_Mobile_20Uploads_image_zpsrfnv3j0c.jpg

Another angle:
ai1072.photobucket.com_albums_w372_drphiliro_Mobile_20Uploads_image_zpsdcckineg.jpg

Inspiration for this come from a certain rare unit in our armies ;).

Reactions: Dragonet

Nagash Worshiper

Black Knight
Dec 24, 2014
@Farmer7574: Thx! It's actually on a 40mm base and if I reach my goal of making 9 of these then it'll serve as a unit of Vargheists. My friends will just have to bear with me playing them as Monstrous Infantry.

@Adam_Barrow: Haha! Maybe I should sculpt some balls and chewing toys for them to play with ;).

Reactions: Adam_Barrow

Nagash Worshiper

Black Knight
Dec 24, 2014
It's been a while since I made an update. Mainly it's because work has been taking a lot of my time lately and in addition I've got a parallel Kislev project going on for an upcoming game.
It's the start of a unit of Zomblin Wolfriders or Hobzomblin Wolfriders (Skeleton Horsearchers).

ai1072.photobucket.com_albums_w372_drphiliro_Mobile_20Uploads_image_zpsn0qnnxrj.jpg

ai1072.photobucket.com_albums_w372_drphiliro_Mobile_20Uploads_image_zps3l0dlfyy.jpg

Farmer7574

Vampire Count
True Blood
Dec 10, 2013
England
@Nagash Worshiper Sweet looking zomblin riding a dire wolf. If you plan on doing any foot zomblins or spirit host gobbos then check out Titan Forge's range of minis. I think they're under 'Drakskull's Menace' or something. They have some cool night goblin zombies, standard gobbo cannibals, ghost night goblins and some other stuff which may be of interest to you.

Loving the theme! Keep those pictures/updates coming.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu