• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

TMS

Staff member
True Blood
Nov 26, 2008
Sweden
Small update with some new things I've been sneaking in on the side. First is a third dreg.

Dreg1.jpg

Dreg2.jpg

Dreg3.jpg

Dreg4.jpg

And then, mostly for kicks, I went out and found myself an opulent coach. :)

Coach1.jpg

Coach2.jpg

Coach3.jpg

Coach4.jpg

It'll receive an entire paintjob eventually, with some modelling additions I hope to be able to pull off.

TMS

Staff member
True Blood
Nov 26, 2008
Sweden
Hi guys,

Just to show you that there's some activity I'll give you these WIP pictures. I've recruited a friend who's far better than me at everything when it comes to painting and modelling and he's helping me to make some changes to the model I'll be using for Helena. The changes include removing the old arms and filing down the shoulder width of the torso some to give her more childlike proportions, giving her new arms that are the correct length for the body and also some new hands and feet that are proportionate to the model (guys, I finally found some tiny hands and feet!). We also went ahead and got rid of a lot of strange details on the dress like the random belt buckles and the bloomers visible through the split that was originally in the front. She's shaping up to become a really good looking miniature!

5.jpg

6.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Reactions: Cela Shyish

Count Vashra

Lord of Shadows
True Blood
Sep 29, 2013
New Zealand
I just have to say In like the model you've done for Helena, and the thin base you used is a neat height (or lack of it:)) trick.

The rest of the models are good, too.:thumbsup:

TMS

Staff member
True Blood
Nov 26, 2008
Sweden
Hi all. I've been silent for a long time in this thread and progress has been slow but I do actually have some pics to share with you. There are some new additions but it's mostly for gathering what I've done so far. So, without further ado...

The ghouls
Ghouls.jpg
http://i18.servimg.com/u/f18/17/76/48/91/ghouls10.jpg

The wolves
Wolves.jpg
http://i18.servimg.com/u/f18/17/76/48/91/wolves10.jpg

The zombies
Zombies.jpg
http://i18.servimg.com/u/f18/17/76/48/91/zombie11.jpg

The heroes
Heroes.jpg
http://i18.servimg.com/u/f18/17/76/48/91/heroes10.jpg

The group
Group.jpg
http://i18.servimg.com/u/f18/17/76/48/91/group10.jpg

And Helena next to her coach, both still unfinished...
Coach.jpg
http://i18.servimg.com/u/f18/17/76/48/91/coach10.jpg

Shadespyre

Vampire Count
Aug 11, 2012
The new look Helena is fantastic! It'll be interesting to see how she looks painted - the rest of the warband is already looking good and scary.

Farmer7574

Vampire Count
True Blood
Dec 10, 2013
England
@MasterSpark Those are some mighty cool minis. I like that coach you've done.

The zombies & mounted character look cool especially (he reminds me of Don Quixote), and I like that dark skin tone you've done on your ghouls.

TMS

Staff member
True Blood
Nov 26, 2008
Sweden
Yup. It is 1 piece of 1mm thick plasticard laminated together with a 0.5mm piece to create a 1.5mm thick base. That is half the thickness of a standard base and enough to achieve the desired effect in height difference. As a big plus compared to the previous base it can now be picked up by the edges instead of having to touch the figure itself.

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
Good going there with the warband ;) Just like about everyone else, I must say that the idea with the child vampire is awesome! I'm not a big fan of the decision to simplify her design, but it's probably just me and my dislike for minimalism ;) Haha, she looks good as she is. I'm wondering how the pimpwagon will turn out. And I'm a fan of the dreg with a big sword.

And as a side note - it is probably a big hassle to build all this terrain xD WFB manages just right with a box of dice as the only terrain piece ;) But it's probably also one of the charm points for the game.

TMS

Staff member
True Blood
Nov 26, 2008
Sweden
Thanks for the reply, Borgnine. I'm actually in the process of building my own Mordheim board right now... although it's really more of a process of me buying various beautiful things built by others. :tongue: I'll be showing that as soon as it starts taking real shape.

Here's a rather modest update to my warband. It's my mercenary ogre and a new dreg. The dreg miniature is actually taken directly from one of the human warbands but I've always felt that he's had the right look for a malcontent open to any cause that lets him vent his displeasure on an enemy.

OgreDreg1.jpg

OgreDreg5.jpg

OgreDreg7.jpg

Reactions: Count Raffael

Mad 'At

Dumb enough to work
Staff member
True Blood
Apr 2, 2011
Grödinge
Love the colours on the ogre. The dark skin goes together so well with the white(ish) shirt and cap. And you've pretty much nailed the marienburg scheme on the dreg :thumbsup:

TMS

Staff member
True Blood
Nov 26, 2008
Sweden
Thanks guys! I'll be making another update some time next week!

TMS

Staff member
True Blood
Nov 26, 2008
Sweden
Time for the next update. This one is pretty small as well.

First off some pictures of a new dreg.

Dreg1.jpg

Dreg2.jpg

Dreg3.jpg

And here he is together with my other dregs.

Dregs1.jpg

And now I have some WIP pictures of the opulent coach.

Coach2.jpg

Coach3.jpg

I'm not really happy with how the roof of the coach has turned out. I think I'll remove the paint and try something else.

TMS

Staff member
True Blood
Nov 26, 2008
Sweden
@Farmer7574, thanks! I've been doing some work on terrain this week but I'll be back on the coach soon, with updates to come.

TMS

Staff member
True Blood
Nov 26, 2008
Sweden
Update time!

I've added a warlock to the crew.

Warlock1.jpg

Warlock2.jpg

Warlock3.jpg

And also, the opulent coach is finally finished. Mostly, at least. I might do something more around the edge of the base.

Coach1.jpg

Coach2.jpg

Coach3.jpg

Coach4.jpg

Coach5.jpg

Coach6.jpg

Mad 'At

Dumb enough to work
Staff member
True Blood
Apr 2, 2011
Grödinge
Great shading on the grey clothing. I'm guessing it was done with a wash but never the less, it looks fantastic. Also really like the use of different grey tones on him. I find that hard to pull off but you've managed it well. The beard and the feather don't blend in with the clothing at all. Nice touch with the red details on the hat too. Only criticism would be on the cloak. The brown looks a bit flat and a tiny bit shiny. Maybe a light drybrush could fix it up.

Coach looks awesome! You really can paint white after all ;)

ObliviJohn

Vampire wood elf
Sep 19, 2011
Hmm, that warlock reminds me of someone... :)
Nice paint job. And the name signs are cool as always.

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
As people said before, very good set of colors on the mage. Regarding the Coach, at first I found the white a little to flat, but then I thought that it looks fine as it is and adding anything would ruin the clean effect you have going there right now ;) Very good work!

TMS

Staff member
True Blood
Nov 26, 2008
Sweden
Thanks for the comments, guys!

@Mad 'At, it's a wash. You know I do everything with washes.

I'm currently spending all of my time working on terrain. I might post pictures of that in this thread later on as well, but for now there probably won't be many new miniatures coming along.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu