• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Nagash Worshiper

Black Knight
Dec 24, 2014
Hello all!
I'm currently involved in a campaign with my friends.

Link: http://z13.invisionfree.com/D6_WH/index.php?showforum=11

According to our rules once Generals of armies have been given a set of equipment then no other character in the campaign can use the same items. For Undead combinations of Vampiric powers is an exception so no worries there.
I'm now on the verge of receiving a new army to move on the map and it needs a General. I've decided I want a Vamp Lord on Zombie Dragon to lead it.

So, do anyone have any ideas for a ok Zdragon build that does NOT contain any of these items:

Sword of Bloodshed
Ogre Blade
Gold Sigil Sword
Armor of Silvered Steel
Glittering Scales
Nightshroud
Talisman of Preservation
Talisman of Endurance
Dragonbane Gem
Black Periapt
Potion of Strength
The Other Tricksters Shard
Ironcurse Icon

All feedback welcome!

Adam_Barrow

Sleepless Knight
True Blood
Dec 25, 2010
Nashville, TN
You've used most of the tasty items already. Are named characters fair game? You may get a similar feel out of Mortarch Manny.

owain_b

Ghoul
Feb 3, 2014
How about armour of destiny and fencers blades? and then 15 points left for another item if needed

Nagash Worshiper

Black Knight
Dec 24, 2014
Adam Barrow: Named characters are ok in the campaign but in this case I'm going to use them in other banners so I'm afraid the Mortarchs are out of the game. Good thinking thou, thx!

Owain: I like that! Good synergy with the -1 to hit. But isn't so much defense unnecessary for it? Shouldn't the emphasis be on destructive power?

Atrophus: Can't use Armor of Destiny and Charmed shield together but a lance would be interesting with the blender lord powers!

Atrophus

Grave Guard
Feb 14, 2014
Adam Barrow: Named characters are ok in the campaign but in this case I'm going to use them in other banners so I'm afraid the Mortarchs are out of the game. Good thinking thou, thx!

Owain: I like that! Good synergy with the -1 to hit. But isn't so much defense unnecessary for it? Shouldn't the emphasis be on destructive power?

Atrophus: Can't use Armor of Destiny and Charmed shield together but a lance would be interesting with the blender lord powers!

Should have known that :tongue:
That's me doing other stuff while typing.
I still stick by the armour of destiny and cursed book. Lance works pretty good, as you should be charging and breaking the unit in question in one go.
The cursed book helps hex your intended victim to help break them on the charge :zombie2:

Patrunkenphat7

Grave Guard
Mar 4, 2014
I made the mistake of taking a Lance over an Ogre Blade recently and got punished by getting bogged down in multiple combats. From now on I'm taking Ogre Blade, Talisman of Pres, and playing around with the last 15 points between Charmed Shield / Dragonhelm / Other Trickster's Shard.

owain_b

Ghoul
Feb 3, 2014

Thats what is so great about the fencers blade they are defence and offence all rolled into one. you'd still be getting 6 str5 attacks at weapon skill 10, so with quick blood and red fury that is still pretty offensive. You are likely to hit with all 6 attacked and most units will be wounded on 2's or 3's with -2 armour save.

Ok not the most killy of vampires and not so good against heavily armoured units but then the Z dragon is hitting with -3 to the armour save so not all bad considering all the magic items I couldnt take ;)

Seneschal

Liche
True Blood
May 15, 2008
Armor of destiny, sword of might, obsidian amulet.

Mix with enemies and it will blend well.

Serve when ready.

-Cooking with Sen

Grok

Ghoul
Sep 8, 2014
I run my zombie dragon lord with quick blood and a great weapon. My master necro then has the book of arkhan and will always choose danse if given the options to give my VL rerolls.

If you are using the VL on Zombie Dragon I think you need to take the Talisman of Preservation, even if no one else can take it then, otherwise it will never survive to combat. I also think nightshroud is potentially worth limiting just to it, as the base is so large its pretty much the best situation for nightshroud, and will keep your zombie dragon alive :).

If this doesn't persuade you then I would say armor of destiny, iron curse icon for the 6+ ward vs warmachines.

Nagash Worshiper

Black Knight
Dec 24, 2014
Lots of good tips here! Thx people! Right now I'm still building the model but when it's done I think I'm going with Owains fencer blades build. It's partially because I think it seems like a good option but also since it kind of fits the fluff of the character I'm aiming at.
Thx all!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu