1500 Point list for Invasion Feb 2014

  • The masquerade of murder returns! A new game of Vampires Amongst Us has begun. Unmask the killers, trust no one, and try to survive the night. Find out more and sign up now!

Kriegersen

Zombie
Dec 4, 2013
3
Zombies
6
Hey there everyone, I'm a new member on the forum, but after I came across it the other week I have spent a little time looking around and decided to sign up finally.:lol:
So, with that out of the way,lets crack on.
I am a returning vampire counts player, after not playing with them since the back end of 2009, so its been around four years or so. I recently acquired the latest army book and all in all I have to say, I'm pretty impressed. I have played against VC's a lot with the last book, but I have to say, despite being a tourney fan, I haven't had the privilege of facing them much since the new book came out, maybe two or three times at a push? Don't get me wrong, I don't see them as any force like OK or or the last Demon Book, but they seem to be able to hold there own.
With that in mind I have written the following list after seeing a few different Ideas floating around on here. I just hope that it seems to make sense. Do bear in mind though, I have been playing with Scaven and Empire for the last two years, so I may have different Ideas to how units work than what some of you do. It would appear a few of you really know your stuff on here about all things VC:vampire3:
Anyway....

Heroes
Necromancer Lvl 2 (Lore of Death)
Forbidden Rod 135

Necromancer, Lvl 2 (lore of Vampire's)
Master of the Dead 120
Necromancer Lvl 2 (lore of Vampire's)
Master of the Dead 120

Core
20 Zombies, Banner 65
20 Zombies, Banner 65
20 Zombies, Banner 65

30 Skeleton Warrior's
Spears, Banner, Musician, Champion 180

5 Dire Wolves 40
5 Dire Wolves 40

Special
6 Vargheists 276

2 Fell Bats 32
2 Fell Bats 32

Spirit Host 45
Spirit Host 45

Rare
Mortis Engine
Blasphemous Tomb 240

Total 1500

I know, It looks like a boring list, but I think it would do half decent at a tourney. It is a hybrid of two play styles I hope would complement each other?o.o A basic raise spam list, relying heavily on magic and the core points are designed to stay at the back or the board away from people, possibly behind cover or in a corner. With a complementary distraction, Misdirection side thrown in in form of spirit hosts for denial and dogs and bats for misdirection and war machine hunting. The Vargheists are in there as I don't want to leave home without any punching power. I cant rely on getting purple sun every game for example, let alone always get it off with a level 2 wizard.

Please let me know what you think, I want to get a list nailed down before I buy any more toys for it. and being honest, I already said I may not be as familiar with the play style as some of you, so I would really appreciate your feedback to see if I have a basic jist or if I'm straying off randomly in some other direction. Let me know what you think!;)
 
Hey bud im new here too but a couple things I noticed that might be worth looking at is only one necro can have master of the dead. And which ever necro is your general could probably do with some ward protection. It may even be worth swapping the two necros for one master necro. Also your list doesnt seem to have too much in the way of damage output ability. I wonder if a tg or some horrors might serve you better
 
billybaker101 said:
Hey bud im new here too but a couple things I noticed that might be worth looking at is only one necro can have master of the dead. And which ever necro is your general could probably do with some ward protection. It may even be worth swapping the two necros for one master necro. Also your list doesnt seem to have too much in the way of damage output ability. I wonder if a tg or some horrors might serve you better

I couldn't have said it better myself. Our general is very important if he dies our army crumbles, so some kind of ward is very often necessary.

You need something that can hit, while VG's are very good they are also rather easy to kill and they are your only thing that can do some decent damage so they will get shot fast. CH's are very tough and can work as a pseudo-hammer at 1500 points, with a ME they can be healed back very easy!

A terrorgheist is very powerful but if you know you will face lots of gunlines it might get shot down too fast.

Remember we can't flank with hammer units into something fighting with our core as they will crumble - fast.
 
The Sun King said:
Unless you face Death snipes I don't see a reason to getting a ward for a MN. If something gets into combat with him he is toast - ward or no ward.

Very true, but as I take this is a tournament (please correct me if I'm wrong OP) the chance of not facing a lot of death snipes is rather slim depending on the opponents of course :)

The best protection is then a 20 zombies bunker that stays behind others so you don't get into combat with him at all :)
 
Cheers guys, I totally forgot you can only have one master of the dead, In which case I will be changing back to a master necromancer like I was originally intending. I agree that there doesn't seem to be an awful lot of hitting power in here. I really like vargheists due to the shear amount of attacks they get each and the fly ability, but I can see how they wouldn't last as long a s a unit of crypt horrors. Ideally I would love to get a 40 man GG unit in here with the banner of the barrows and great weapons, but that unit is in excess of 500 points and is a huge point sink in this size game, over a third of the army to be exact.
Does anyone have any ideas on small cost effective units or combo's that can bring a bit of a punch? I thought about a vampire but he's only one character, and to get any remote killing power behind it, like making a blender it's a character close to 200 points.
Hehe, I miss my plague monks and Stormvermmin already.
I think I will obviously change the master of the dead thing for a start, upgrade one to a Master Necro with master of the dead, drop a unit of bats, maybe both and give him a channelling staff? magic is important to the fundamentalism of this list. although, I can see this changing a fair amount before I'm happy with it.

Bullhax, I agree with putting him in a zombie bunker, I was intending to use one of the zombie units I already had to do so, hid it behind a block of raising skeleton's and zombies with the Mortis Engine in close suit to give me bonus's to castings and regen, and unfortunately miscast results:rolleyes: But you got to take the ups with the downs;)

BillyBaker, are Terrorghiest's really worth it? I must admit they just look like a huge cannon target to me, but as I said, I could be wrong as I'm unsure of how best to field a unit like that. It seems to me like a Hellpit Abomination, cool idea and has the potential to be a game winner, but 99% of the time that guy with the gun line is just going to blow it out the water turn one. Mind you, that scream ability can be fairly nifty.

This is all really helpful:) At the end of the day I want the army to do well, so I don't mind working at it till it's right. I just wish it was 2k or more, I could actually get some of the shiny units and combo's in.

on another not, do you think hex Wraith's would serve me well?
 
I hear you on the tg thing I played skaven recently and left it at home as I knew he would be gunning for it. But that thing can cause so much trouble it practically won me 2 games single handedly. Its all about weighing up the options I love the gheist and will always try and find a place for it.
 
I finally managed to get a chance to sit down and have another go at writing an army list, it's a similar style of list but I must say I feel it will serve Me better than the last one, for a start I managed to squeeze in the Grave guard unit which has added a much needed punch to the army, and I feel it would perform better. Unfortunately I have lost a few toys and the Mortis engine, but I still don't see that as a bad thing as I have in perspective gained so much more. :)
Thoughts? Do you think this would perform better?o.o

Master Necromancer lvl 3 (Lore of Vampires)
Master of the Dead 185

Necromancer lvl 1 (Lore of Vampires) 65

Necromancer Lvl 2 (Lore of Death) 100

40 Zombies, Banner, 120
40 Zombies, Banner, 120

40 Skeleton Warriors
Spears, Banner, 200

40 Grave Guard
Great Weapons, Banner, Musician, Banner of the barrows 550

Spirit Host 45
Spirit Host 45

2 Fell Bats 32
2 Fell Bats 32


1494
 

About us

  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu