1k army out of this lot

  • The masquerade of murder returns! A new game of Vampires Amongst Us has begun. Unmask the killers, trust no one, and try to survive the night. Find out more and sign up now!
Jun 29, 2013
147
south east uk
Zombies
103
Hey all

I'm very new to this but am loving the painting and modelling so far. Although the TG is causing me to tear my hair out. Basically I've been gathering bits and pieces to try and get a 1000pt army together and finally start playing. It doesn't have to be super competitive but I don't want to be losing every game. So this is a list of what I have so far. I can add bits over time so all ideas welcome.

2x vampires on foot
2x necromancers on foot 1x mounted
1x spirit host
5x dire wolves
70 x zombies
30 x skeletons
10 x ghouls
2 x banshee's
9x black knights
1 x terrorgheist

I'm hoping to get some fell bats soon as well.
I was thinking a zombie horde kinda army but there are a lot of gaps in my knowledge for getting the most out of this army.

Cheers
 
Master Necromancer: Lv4 LoV, opal amulet, earthing rod
Necromancer: Lv2 LoV, power stone or dispel scroll
Banshee

38 Zombies: standard, musician (MN and TB go here)

29 Zombies (necro goes here)

5 Dire Wolves

Spirit Host

Terrorgheist

Add points as needed (more zombies etc.), the above list should form a decent core for your army at 1k.
 
Ohhhh yeah. Elves are super fast so Cav are a good counter. They usually don't have huge blocks so you don't need to worry about steadfast. They don't have tons of anti armor so the 2+ is a big deal. With a list like this you should so just fine against them.
 
Pray to the dark gods. That's your best bet. The worst thing for him is cannons which they need to roll a 6 on the wounds and you need to not roll a 6 on your regen save. So they normally don't die turn 1 but it can happen. But when they live they're devestating.
 
Haha I see so its mostly up to chance :slapface:

How about terrain or cover? if I can just keep him safe until a couple units are tied up maybe he can do his thing. As he is one of the main destructive forces I have, losing him would suck
 
billybaker101 said:
Haha I see so its mostly up to chance :slapface:

How about terrain or cover? if I can just keep him safe until a couple units are tied up maybe he can do his thing. As he is one of the main destructive forces I have, losing him would suck

Blocking line of sight would work, but is kind of hard considering the size of the model. Later on when you get crypt horrors you can use them in front of the terrorghiest to catch turn 1 cannonballs.
 

About us

  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu