• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Seneschal

Liche
True Blood
May 15, 2008
Hello there

Dust is my main army and I've got to say, they have a steep learning curve. I have the same number of wins as I do losses and I consider myself a decent gamer. I've tried Salamanders and Elves once each and won both of those games. Marching is such a big deal, I swear...

I've come up with this list partially based off of what a regular tournament goer uses regularly and wanted some feedback.

Revenant horde, brew of strength, casket
Rev horde, Helm of the Ram, casket
Mummy troop, casket
Mummy troop, casket
Chariot regiment
Chariot regiment
Wurm horde, caterpillar potion
Swarm regiment
Swarm regiment
Monolith
Scavenger regiment
Scavenger regiment
Bone Giant
Caster heal, surge, griffin banner
Caster heal, surge, grimoire
Caster heal, surge, fire amulet, steed

thanks for your time

Reactions: Adam_Barrow

Adam_Barrow

Sleepless Knight
True Blood
Dec 25, 2010
Nashville, TN
I like the Mummy Troops. Those fuckers are tough to shift, and they're cheap for what you get. Ram on the Revs is a cool idea.

Seneschal

Liche
True Blood
May 15, 2008
Hey there, Adam! Thanks for the reply :-)

Yeah, mummies are tough cookies. I ran them in regiments before but I've heard they are even better as small, innocent looking troops used for flanking.
Ram is definitely going to help, even if a little. The inspiration for this list came from someone who has performed very well on the mid west tourney scene.
I've learned that EoD really really really needs to make use of Surge to hang with the top guns out there. It makes sense as before I didn't like caskets and just fielded two casters with heal, surge, grimoire and fire amulet. Bringing the Monolith, caskets and another caster (ideally I think they all need steeds although they would be easier targets) protects you everywhere as you can just turn around and surge if needed.

Adam_Barrow

Sleepless Knight
True Blood
Dec 25, 2010
Nashville, TN
I've gotta get more mounted heroes. WH8th didn't leave me with very many of those. You want that line of sight in KoW, though.

One of my boys plays a Rev Infantry and Cav list (old Mousillon theme VC and Bret crossover models from Warhamster), and all that Surge he puts in it is lethal. It's a scary tactic to face off against.

You looked at any tourneys in the South? This region is bumping, man.

Seneschal

Liche
True Blood
May 15, 2008
Yeah, I need more mounted models, too. I have one mounted liche priest from way back and that's it.

I'll bet that list is nasty! Do you mean he brings horsemen or the wurm riders?

I haven't looked at the tourneys in the south, unfortunately. I'm in the northeast and the scene is doing well here, I just can't do events anymore for health reasons. I've got a table at home though. Where would I find info on KoW tourneys in your area? I swear I can find everything else on the net but tournament lists unless someone shares theirs, it's weird.

Adam_Barrow

Sleepless Knight
True Blood
Dec 25, 2010
Nashville, TN
The Rev heavy horse. 2 regiments and a regiment of Vampire Knights. He Surges up and wrecks what he can, then lets the Vamps play cleanup. It's pretty nasty.

We've got one coming up next month in Elizabethtown, KY. Another was in Nashville last May, and Memphis after that. Those Georgia guys came up talking about a couple down their way. We're really excited for next summer. My club is hosting a tournament in Bowling Green, KY. 2 days, 2250pts. I'll be posting about it once preorder tickets go live probably. Still a ways down the calander before then.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu