2250pt Zombie Ninjas!

  • The masquerade of murder returns! A new game of Vampires Amongst Us has begun. Unmask the killers, trust no one, and try to survive the night. Find out more and sign up now!

Lachlan

Skeleton
Aug 10, 2008
96
Queensland
Zombies
32
Hey all I put this list together a few nights ago and its come up 100pts over:(. So I've been trying to figure out what to lose, first up here's the list:
Vampire Lord - 405
Helm of commandment, master of the black arts, dark acolyte, lord of the dead, sceptre de noriot, lvl 4.

Vampire1 - 155
Dark acolyte, flayed hauberk.

Vampire2 - 185
Dark acolyte, avatar of death (great weapon), book of arkhan.

Necromancer - 105
2 De-spell scrolls.

2x14 Skeleton warriors - 264 (Vamp1 and necro in each)
Full command.
10 Skeleton warriors - 80
2x10 Ghouls - 160
Corpse cart - 100
Unholy lodestone

19 Grave guard - 277 (Vamp2 here)
Full command, great weapons.
5 Black Knights - 136
Standard, barding.
4 Fell bats - 80

Varghulf - 175
3 Carin wraith and Tomb banshee - 225

Total: 2347pts
PD: 13+2 Bound
DD: 7+2 Scrolls
Models: 103
Basically I want both the wraith and varghulf in there, I was considering losing the corpse cart but I'm still a bit iffy about losing it. Any ideas on what I should lose or any other comments on the list?......




......Oh and I guess I should mention as you probably have already noticed this post has nothing to do with either zombies or ninjas I just wanted your attention. Did it work:lol:?
 
Drop a unit of 10 ghouls as your bloodline powers are focusing on skeletons, and they are going to be a soft easy target which will be drawing fire hence requiring a lot of your power dice to boost back up. That should give you 80 points to start with.
 
... and you'll have the same problem... although 2x5 dogs are much more usable than the regular 10 ghouls. Let's see:

----------------------------
Vampire Lord - 405
Helm of commandment, master of the black arts, dark acolyte, lord of the dead, sceptre de noriot, lvl 4.

Vampire1 - 155
Dark acolyte, flayed hauberk.

Vampire2 - 185
Dark acolyte, avatar of death (great weapon), book of arkhan.

Necromancer - 105
2 De-spell scrolls.

2x13 Skeleton warriors - 240 (Vamp1 and necro in each)
Standard and champion but not musician

10 Skeleton warriors - 80
2x5 dire wolves - 80
Corpse cart - 100
Unholy lodestone

19 Grave guard - 277 (Vamp2 here)
Full command, great weapons.
5 Black Knights - 136
Standard, barding.
4 Fell bats - 80

Varghulf - 175
3 Carin wraith and Tomb banshee - 225
------------------------------


Now you're 2243 points if my calculations are correct.
 
Hmmm... drop the two ghouls and that's 160 points then add 2 x 5 dire wolves which should take you back to 20 over the limit I'd then drop two grave guard models and run them in ranks of sixes rather than fives.
 
If dropping anything, I think it's better skeletons than guard, since he can replenish that units faster and make them bigger from the start due to LotD. That's my view, though, as I pointed in my previous post.
 
You're probably right I think it's engraved into mind that things aren't that hard to resurrect because I never leave home without the skull stuff. I do, however, still suggest that you make them fight in ranks of six because they only have one attack each and the more killing blow attacks you have the better! Especially when you're hitting on 2's!
 
chris_havoc said:
I do, however, still suggest that you make them fight in ranks of six because they only have one attack each and the more killing blow attacks you have the better!

I completely agree with you. Especially when you got the Corpse Cart hanging out there, which would make them attack first. Nice, indeed.
 
It may be overkill but if you wanted you could run them 7x3 as you'll have 21 models in that unit. It may be overkill but you're not going to have 3 full ranks f you run them 6 x 3 anyway. If I could I would include the Staff of Damnation in my army just to have another attack in the magic phase if you can justify it you should put it in, if not it isn't crucial.
 
You can also cut 50 pnts from your initial cost as 3 cairn wraiths with banshee is only 175pnts I think. You have 225 posted. I dont have my book right now but I think thats right.

NM im retarded. I was thinking 3 total including banshee, you have 3 wraiths and a banshee for the 225. Sorry for that last post. :redface:
 
Strahd said:
You can also cut 50 pnts from your initial cost as 3 cairn wraiths with banshee is only 175pnts I think. You have 225 posted. I dont have my book right now but I think thats right

Actully the points are right. You need to pay for 4 wraits and upgrade on to a tomb banshee. So 4x50 + 25 = 225 pts.
 

About us

  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu