2400 Local tourney list

  • The masquerade of murder returns! A new game of Vampires Amongst Us has begun. Unmask the killers, trust no one, and try to survive the night. Find out more and sign up now!
Jun 29, 2013
147
south east uk
Zombies
103
Hey guys im going to a local tournament in a couple of weeks and still havnt got my list carved in stone but have a list in mind it just seems a little predictable, i would love some fresh eyes and ideas on this maybe something obvious ive missed. WE are playing three games battle line a modified watchtower and blood and glory.

Here is the rules pack

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3lt49tigoyhnfmd/EATBATS 2 Tournament Pack .pdf?dl=0

so my list so far reads like this


Master Necromancer
Lore of the Vampires, Wizard Level 4

Vampire Lord
Heavy Armour, Lore of the Vampires, Quickblood (*), Red Fury (*), Wizard Level 1
AB - Book of Arkhan, BRB - Enchanted Shield, BRB - Sword of Might, BRB - Talisman of Preservation

Necromancer

Lore of vamps Wizard Level 1

BRB - Dispel Scroll



* Dire Wolves
5x Dire Wolf


* Skeleton Warriors

Champion, Musician, 45x Skeleton Warrior
Standard Bearer
BRB - Lichebone Pennant


* Zombies

Musician, Standard Bearer, 20x Zombie


* Zombies

Standard Bearer, 35x Zombie


* Zombies

Standard Bearer, 35x Zombie

* Crypt Horrors

8x Crypt Horror


* Grave Guard

Champion, Musician
38x Grave Guard
Great Weapon
Standard Bearer
Banner of the Barrows

Spirit Host

Terrorgheist

2396 points

I keep looking at it and thinking something isnt right i did have ghouls originally before the skele's just thinking of the blood and glory game, it would be nice to have another unit that can kill stuff though. Ideas?????????????
 
Hey,

Im new with Vamps but watched lots of battle report and read lots of tactics...

Honestly for me so far ME with Crypt horrors rock the 4 up regen make a big difference....

i tried grave guard and I was not a fan depends of your playstyle but having GG and crypts horror is lots of point in two units...

I personnaly run 42 skeletons with the movement banner really help to have that +1 for me so far to go support where I need it...

I like your heros/carac you make sure to cast less possible with your vamp lord...

Like I said Im still new but this is what ive seen so far from the couple games I did...
 
Yeah your right about the banner I was supposed to swap that out for something else. I hear ya on the level 1 lord as well. The amount of times I kept throwing a miscast with my general was unreal so decided he is just for invocation and the book from now on. I could drop the grave guard but then I don't really have a hammer
 
Well me so far my hammer is my vamp where i need it, I tarpit, chaff whatever I dont want to deal with and crypt horror is just insanely good for anvil and with danse macabre can grind fast enough....

I also have my Vargheist for hammer but more fragile you can really relly on them most of the time they will attract lots of fire like the TG

Thats why I said depend on your playstyle, if you dont like chaff and tarpit then you need a strong hammer like GG

I have to say from my experience so far I rolled lots of 4 on my regen save with my crypt horrors and Im glad I have my ME near...
 
Yeah i get what your saying im just used to running an uber killy unit somewhere but i might play test without it and find out what the results are.
My only concern is i dont have many answers for high Armour targets. Ok so after some moving around the list looks something like this

Master Necromancer
Lore of the Vampires, Wizard Level 4

Vampire Lord
Heavy Armour, Lore of the Vampires, Quickblood Red Fury, Level 1. Book of Arkhan, Enchanted Shield, Sword of Might, Talisman of Preservation

Necromancer
Lore of vamps Wizard Level 1
Dispel Scroll

5x Dire Wolf

45x Skeletons Champion, Musician,
Standard Bearer
Banner of swiftness

Zombies
Musician, Standard Bearer, 20x Zombie

Zombies
Standard Bearer, 35x Zombie

Zombies
Standard Bearer, 35x Zombie

8x Crypt Horrors

3 x Vargs with champ

2x Fell bats

Spirit Host

Terrorgheist

Mortis engine BT upgrade

so this takes me to 2280 and am a loss where to go next... i dont like running hex wraiths without a mounted lord really. Maybe a banshee??? A corpse cart?
 
Lol this is so close to my list... I dont have the BT cuz I always miscast even with two dice... I have 4 vargheist and two more pack of wolves... I also have a wight king bsb beside my vamp with nighshroud and seed of rebirth (bodyguard) and give my crypt horrors more survability in CC
 
No bus hand weapon shield and my bsb so far just because of nightshroud is doing the job and really hard to kill with 3 up save 5 up regen (beside my vamp to protect him) but I have to admit its not an optimal choice I just love the FW model and people always get trick by him putting attack on him and hes socking up
 
Right now I'm quite keen on control lists based on monstrous infantry, if you have the models this is a good build for a foot slog army. Offers a lot of control for board and gets rid of msu and warmachines pretty quick.
Depends on play style really
+++ Vampire kingdom (2397pts) +++
+++ 2400pt Vampire Counts - Army Book (2013-4) -V8.8.1. Roster (Standard)) +++

Selections:

Vampire Counts - Army Book (2013-4) -V8.8.1. (Standard) Selections:

+ Lords + (295pts)

* Master Necromancer (295pts)
(Undead)
Lore of the Vampires, The General of Undeath (*), Wizard Level 4 (35pts)
* Magic Items (95pts)
BRB - Dispel Scroll (25pts), BRB - Ruby Ring of Ruin (25pts), BRB - Talisman of Preservation (45pts)


+ Heroes + (90pts)

* Necromancer (90pts)
(Undead)
Lore of the Vampires, Wizard Level 1
* Magic Items (25pts)
AB - Book of Arkhan (25pts)


+ Core + (630pts)

* Crypt Ghouls (350pts)
(Poisoned Attacks, Undead)
Champion (10pts), 34x Crypt Ghoul (340pts)


* Dire Wolves (40pts)
(Slavering Charge, Swiftstride, Undead, Vanguard (FAQ'ed))
5x Dire Wolf (40pts)


* Dire Wolves (40pts)
(Slavering Charge, Swiftstride, Undead, Vanguard (FAQ'ed))
5x Dire Wolf (40pts)


* Zombies (100pts)
(Always Strikes Last, The Newly Dead, Undead)
Musician (5pts), Standard Bearer (5pts), 30x Zombie (90pts)


* Zombies (100pts)
(Always Strikes Last, The Newly Dead, Undead)
Musician (5pts), Standard Bearer (5pts), 30x Zombie (90pts)


+ Special + (932pts)

* Crypt Horrors (190pts)
(Poisoned Attacks, Regeneration (5+), Stomp, Undead)
5x Crypt Horror (190pts)


* Crypt Horrors (190pts)
(Poisoned Attacks, Regeneration (5+), Stomp, Undead)
5x Crypt Horror (190pts)


* Vargheists (276pts)
(Fly, Frenzy, Stomp, Swiftstride, Undead, Vampiric)
6x Vargheist (276pts)


* Vargheists (276pts)
(Fly, Frenzy, Stomp, Swiftstride, Undead, Vampiric)
6x Vargheist (276pts)


+ Rare + (450pts)

* Terrorgheist (225pts)
(Death Shriek, Fly, Large Target, Regeneration (6+), Terror, Thunderstomp, Undead)


* Terrorgheist (225pts)
(Death Shriek, Fly, Large Target, Regeneration (6+), Terror, Thunderstomp, Undead)



Profile Summary:

Name Magic Property Ref
Book of Arkhan Bound Spell (Power Level 3). This item casts the Vanhel's Danse Macabre spell. AB p63
Dispel Scroll One use only. Dispel spell if no IF. BRB p504
Ruby Ring of Ruin Bound Spell: Power Level 3. Fireball spell (BRB-492) BRB p505

Name M WS BS S T W I A LDArmourSaveWardSave MR Type Ref
Crypt Ghast 4 3 0 3 4 1 3 3 5Infantry AB p33
Crypt Ghoul 4 3 0 3 4 1 3 2 5Infantry AB p33
Crypt Horror 6 3 0 4 5 3 2 3 5Monstrous Infantry AB p42
Dire Wolf 9 3 0 3 3 1 3 1 3War Beast AB p36
Master Necromancer 4 3 3 3 4 3 3 1 8Infantry AB p28
Necromancer 4 3 3 3 3 2 3 1 7Infantry AB p28
Terrorgheist 6 3 0 5 6 6 3 4 4 Monster AB p48
Vargheist 6 4 0 5 4 3 4 3 7Monstrous Infantry AB p43
Zombie 4 1 0 3 3 1 1 1 2Infantry AB p34

Name Protection Ref
Talisman of Preservation WardSave (4+) BRB p503

Name RangeStrengthSpecial Rules Ref
Hand Weapon Combat As User None BRB p88

Selection Rule Summary:

* Always Strikes Last: . (BRB p66)
* Death Shriek: . (AB p48)
* Fly: . (BRB p70)
* Frenzy: . (BRB p70)
* Large Target: . (BRB p72)
* Poisoned Attacks: . (BRB p73)
* Regeneration (5+): . (BRB p74)
* Regeneration (6+): . (BRB p74)
* Slavering Charge: . (AB p36)
* Stomp: . (BRB p76)
* Swiftstride: . (BRB p76)
* Terror: . (BRB p78)
* The General of Undeath: . (AB p26)
* The Newly Dead: . (AB p34)
* Thunderstomp: . (BRB p76)
* Undead: . (AB p26)
* Vampiric: . (AB p26)
* Vanguard (FAQ'ed): ERRATA:
Change “[...]make a 12" move[...]” to “[...]make a move of
up to 12"[...]”. (BRB p79)
 
That's an interesting setup I like the groups of Vargs. How come the horrors are in 5's? Looks like a fun list but there isn't much to deal with steadfast. Unfortunately i don't have all the models. Dani how did you get your Wight to a 3+? heavy armour and night shroud would be 4+
 
GW could be good too but like I said Im new I played two games so far with my new list thats very similar to yours and got a massacre against dwarfs and major victory against ogres... Both players have over 100 games so I really like it so far but I read lots of battle report and advice from experiented players in here...

My BSB is really there to survive and use the nightshroud


Im playing WOC this sunday will see if I can continue winning haha
 
Hey man im not knocking you by any means its just a really different list style to what im used to which is why im asking a load of questions. SO if your not going for a gw are you leaving with a hand weapon usually?
 
Yeah just hand weapon shield with seed of rebirth and nightshroud... Game 1 he survived against three hammerers trying to kill him, game two just flank charged his big ogres unit with GW so he lost his S bonus and was not happy with two of them...

I rarely see people using a BSB so I dont if its because Im lucky so far... Im going into a tournament in october we are already 36 so cant wait to see how I will do, lots of experiented players....
 
BSB is always handy, good for Frenzy checks mostly! also for the occasional Casket etc based on leadership tests. and it's +1 to every crumble in 12" and +1 for bsb in it's own combat. Plus for capture objectives it generally gives a bonus unit strength
 

About us

  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu