2400 vs brets

  • The masquerade of murder returns! A new game of Vampires Amongst Us has begun. Unmask the killers, trust no one, and try to survive the night. Find out more and sign up now!
Jun 29, 2013
147
south east uk
Zombies
103
Hey guys just looking for some pointers. I'm playing against Bret's for the first time next weekend, and am looking for some guidance with my list. I'm thinking some thing along the lines of

Vamp lord lv 2, HA, enchanted shield, book or arkhan, sword of might, talisman of pres


Necro lv 1 scroll all lore of vamps

Vamp hero forbidden lore lore of metal lv 1 great weapon HA

34 ghouls

5 wolves

20 zombies mus std

26 zombies std

21 zombies std

8 horrors

36 gg great weapons banner of barrows

Spirit host

Tg

My concern is my magic level only being at a 2 feels like I will be a disadvantage to get spells off. But lore of metal seems like it would kick ass against these 2 + armour. So I'm torn between this or dropping the vamp hero and taking the lord to a level 1 and adding a master necro. Thoughts ????????
 
I honestly have not played bretonnia either as no one in my gaming group plays them however as a general thought. You probably do want to have a level 3/4 wizard in any 2000+ point game as vampires and taking forbiden lore on a level 1 wizard is not a very good points value. Keeping this in mind I would take the master necro.
 
Hey guys just looking for some pointers. I'm playing against Bret's for the first time next weekend, and am looking for some guidance with my list. I'm thinking some thing along the lines of

Vamp lord lv 2, HA, enchanted shield, book or arkhan, sword of might, talisman of pres


Necro lv 1 scroll all lore of vamps

Vamp hero forbidden lore lore of metal lv 1 great weapon HA

34 ghouls

5 wolves

20 zombies mus std

26 zombies std

21 zombies std

8 horrors

36 gg great weapons banner of barrows

Spirit host

Tg

My concern is my magic level only being at a 2 feels like I will be a disadvantage to get spells off. But lore of metal seems like it would kick ass against these 2 + armour. So I'm torn between this or dropping the vamp hero and taking the lord to a level 1 and adding a master necro. Thoughts ????????
Or you could take a lev4 VL with Obsidian blade, Armor of Destiny, RF, QB, Beguile, Shield, on a nightmare. that would ignore their armor altogether and generate some nice CR. I don't know what your core points are at, but I think that you could still fit a lev2 baby vamp with staff of damnation, forbidden lore (metal)/ dread knight/beguile in with the GG.
 
I've been thinking that list isn't going to work for me. If I lose my general my army hasn't got a backup caster to stop the crumble. Back to the drawing board
I understand that. But he would be 2+/4++ so chances of losing him are slim and he will pretty much slaughter anything in his path. Maybe drop him to level 1 with a Master Necromancer or something.
 
Yeah im thinking master necro will be the way. Having some of those no armour save spells will really help. I think I'm going to ditch the forbidden lore idea keep the lord level 1 and kit him for some hack and slash fun times
 

About us

  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu