2400 vs High Elves

  • The masquerade of murder returns! A new game of Vampires Amongst Us has begun. Unmask the killers, trust no one, and try to survive the night. Find out more and sign up now!

Wolf Child

Ghoul
Feb 6, 2012
154
Zombies
126
This is my draft army list for an upcoming battle against High Elves,I'm not sure on my tactics as I'm unfamiliar with HE,I guess there is only one way to find out :)
For those of you who have faced Ulthuan's finest before and lived to tell the tale how do you reckon this army will fare?

Lord

Vampire Lord,level 4,HA & charmed shield,GW,TOP,Nightshroud,other trick shard,red fury quickblood
Heroes

Vampire,HA & shield,sword of battle,potion of strength,luckstone

necro,scroll

necro,book of Arkan

Core

38 skeletons FC
29 zombies FC
25zombies FC
5 x 5 Dire Wolves

Special

10 Crypt Horrors
spirit host
corpse cart/balefire

Rare
Vargulf
Terrorghiest
 
Last edited:
I'd change the Vampire to have sword of swift slaying, and give him red fury to give you a second blender. Another option is to Lose the potion of strength and just go for Ogre Blade. Then, drop a couple of dire wolves units and buff up the skeletons. Maybe slim zombies down to 20 and get a second unit of them to grow two units instead of one. Give the Skeletons a magic banner. Either movement or screaming. I'd throw the BSB on that second vampire too.

Crypt Horrors can be reduced to 8. I'd replace the Varghulf with a mortis engine or second terrorgiest or a couple units of hexwraiths. Depends on what you are expecting to show up. Some varghiest to flank with might not be bad either.
 
Thanks najo,you've raised some good points there,the sword of swift slaying/red fury combo is one of my favorite hero builds also.I already had a second unit of zombies but forgot to put them in,edited now.I don't have a ME and only one TG atm. Varghiests are one of my favorite units too.I will move a few things around later and see if I can get some in,I definitely agree with you about needing more skelys now I look at it. I'm still learning how to use hexwraiths to be honest.I have watched a couple battle reps where they were used to devastating effect,I just need to get my head around their strategy I guess.
PS the banner of the world dragon neutralizes magic weapons,correct?
 
Not quite as bad as I thought,but near enough! Thanks Jomppexx.That would make a great flag for Blood Knights though haha
 
You're going to run in to trouble with elyrian reavers and phoenixs. Too much msu will stack combat res against you and smash you down.
The lack of magical attacks is good, I'd suggest 2hw on the Lord as nightshroud takes away their asf and your base str 5 should lower their armour enough anyway.
Corpse carts are far too slow and vulnerable to their shooting to be any use so would drop that completely drop the spirit host and see if can find points for a unit of vargheists to deal with small units plus bolt throwers
 

About us

  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu