5000pts VS Lizards and WOC

  • The masquerade of murder returns! A new game of Vampires Amongst Us has begun. Unmask the killers, trust no one, and try to survive the night. Find out more and sign up now!

GhoulKing505

Grave Guard
Mar 21, 2011
211
Zombies
169
So I'm going to be playing a massive game against two opponents. It'll be my 5000 point list vs a combined WoC and Lizardmen army. WoC will have 3000 points and Lizardmen will have 2000. I made a list and I want to know what you think.

Lords:
Vamp Lord: RF, QB, Ogre Blade, ToP, Dragon Helm, Potion of Foolhardiness, hellsteed, lvl 4 vamps

Master Necro: Lvl 4 vamps, black periapt, master of the dead

SGk: potion of strength, dragon gem, dispel scroll, aura of dark majesty, rf, dark acolyte

Heroes:
Wight King: BSB, shield, razor standard

Wight King: other tricksters shard, sword of striking, seed of rebirth, enchanted shield

Core:
60 ghouls w/ghast
5 wolves ×4
51 zombies ms
52 zombies ms
23 skeletons cms, lichebone pennant

Special:
11 crypthorros w/c
10 black knights cms, banner of swiftness
40 grave guard cms, gw, banner of barrows

Rare:
2× mortis engine blasphemous tome
2× terrorgheist

Essentially I'm keeping a pretty heavy infantry line with ghouls, gg, and crypt horros in the middle flanked by zombies. Skeleton bunker that will slowly grow. Lots of casting power. A hellsteed vamp so he can give everyone marching but he mostly hangs with the black knights. Wight king hangs with the gg. SGK and bsb hang with the ghouls.

Thoughts/suggestions/warnings? I'm basically using everything I have but I still have some unused stuff so there's a little wiggle room if needed.
 
Heavy armour on the VL.

I'd drop 20 ghouls for another unit of skellies. If you have master of the dead, might as well big up the bone gang.

If try and take a few more BK's in a game this size, drop the Horrors down to either 6 or 8 to free up the points, they're more than survivable enough with those dual engines.
 
That's a big army holy wow. Here's a couple things: Chaos, lizardmen and Vampire Counts are some of the most magic heavy armies. I don't think you'll have power or dispel dice left over to store in the periapt often enough to make it worth it. Go for book of arkhan instead. Also it could be fun to give the ghoul king forbidden lore instead of dark acolyte with lore of beasts. s4/t5 ghouls are really scary, nevermind a s6/t6 ghoul king. You can also cast that spell at range, so give the grave guard s5/t5 if they look like they are in trouble. Your opponent will probably focus most of his dispel dice at your vampire spells so you'll get it through more than you think, especially being near a mortis engine which I'm assuming the SGK will be. All of the units themselves look good. I'm not so sure about the skeletons though. They won't grow fast enough. Special section looks good and so does rare. I'm guessing both wight kings go with the graveguard? Do the knights have barding/lances?
 
The vamp has ha as well as a shield. and the black knights have barding and lances.

I really don't like skeletons. That's why I only brought the one unit. Master of the dead was more of a filler than anything.

The reason I took dark acolyte on my SGK was to make his invocation of nehek as good as a lvl 4 when combined with the mortis engine. With lore of beasts he only gets an extra 1 to cast. I'd have to burn three dice on the spell. That's way too many dice. I'd love to have that spell though. I just don't see it being worth it on a lvl 1.
 
I don't think beasts are worth it on a level 1 either. You're throwing too many dice at it to make it worth it.

If you're not a skeleton fan, drop the MoTD upgrade and use the points for more of something else. A couple Doomwolves or if you have any extra points as well another Grave Guard never hurts.
 
Also another reason I can't take a second unit of skeletons is I don't have the models for it. I'm using almost the core I have.

I could drop a few crypt horrors and fet more knights. I do think that's a good idea. Although I might end up switching the black knights out for hex wraiths. What do you think about that?
 
I LOVE my Hexwraiths. They're brilliant at so many things, from soaking up some magic for a turn to tying up magic less characters, to running through units and carrying on their merry way with destruction behind them.

The only issue with swapping out your BK's for Hexies is that your Hellsteed lord loses his bus and you lack that huge punch that a blender lord/bk combo gives you. Of course if you want your GG could be a nice little full on punch unit.

I approve of the swap.
 
That's what I was thinking if I did make the swap. Drop the hellsteed and just put my vamp lord in with the grave guard. Have two pretty killy infantry hordes and one grinding anvil. Then have my t bats scteaming stuff to death aas well as having my mortis engines going off every turn. Seems like it'll be pretty effective.

Plus I could put the hexies behind my lines and have them jump out in front somewhere. They also make a good counter to pesky skinks. If those are left unchecked my t bats are toast.
 

About us

  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu