Melle said:
tome of furion only works on dark magic, but is a good way to get a double on desired spell.
Yup, only on Dark Magic.
Also, I fail to see how it allows you to duplicate a spell from that lore, it sure doesn't say anything about that. Once a spell from a lore has been selected it's gone, just like if had been rolled by a wizard. So, I'd say it doesn't allow you to duplicate anything, and the signature spells can of course be taken by multiple wizards anyways, as usual.
knife got 75%worse. but are still solid. only gets dice on 4+ and troops you sacrifice cost 50% more
Yes, but it is still bloody good, especially in certain combinations, like in tandem with
Life magic (like you mentioned above).
About the sacrifices being 50% more expensive ... screw that. Three points more or less aren't a big deal ... also ...
Regrowth ?
why should DE be worse on magic than HE? they are the same, yet not.
Dark Magic is one very strong lore I'd say. I suspect it'll be a lot more useful to the DE than the lore of
High Magic is to HE right now.
Don't get me wrong, I love
High Magic, and tried a lot of different combinations / tactics / support casters with my HE in regard to that lore and how it can add to my playstyle (or rather the style I like to play my HE).
But Dark Magic is simply going to wrack face I reckon.
A spell that reduces STR by D3 plus a vortex removing models after a failed STR check in unison ? Yes, please.
Many people were discussing the supposed
'weakness' of the new lore attribute, but in my opinion that attribute will trigger more than often when you're using the respective spells in combination with the
Sacrifical Dagger.
I guess we'll see. Way too early to say anything about how the magic phase will go against or with DE ... we'll know after a dozen or so games with the new book.
id be happy with the old selection+ slaanesh. for fluffy reasons.
Exactly.
That's my main gripe about them getting access to all eight BRB lores as well. It simply doesn't fit from a style / fluff perspective IMHO.
Fire, Death, Shadow ... sure.
Beasts or Metal ... well okay, I could see that along road.
But Life, Light and Heavens ... really Matt Ward ?
It also offers them a magical versatility that has been the strong point of other armies before, namely Empire, HE and Lizardmen. I'm not sure this'll be a good thing, really.
That single gripe (about magic) aside, I'm really looking forward to the book, and I'm quite curious how it'll change my local meta. HE had absolutely no impact on it, Lizardmen only to an extend.