I got my book today and my instincts definitely tell me they will require much more thought than 95% of the other armies. I can make a take all comers army for every book out there and feel confident that I will win the majority of the time (with the exceptions of TK's and WE's) but the Druchii give me pause. There's nothing wrong with having to use careful thinking of course, I've been playing for ages, I just believe the dark elves will take awhile longer to master.
I was originally going to go with Lore of Metal on a lord and beasts on a level 2, then Life on a lord but now I'll try a Dark caster and see how that goes in addition to a level 1 Heaven's default sorc hiding in a warlock unit.
A hag with cauldron might need some help in the way of an Ogre Blade to stay alive otherwise I jsut see her getting beat by enemy characters. Witchbrew, frenzy, ASF, MP and the sword should see her to victory more often than not.
Cheap nobles with 2+ or 1+ saves will probably be used with Lore of Beasts.
Morathi is a treasure. I can't believe her points cost, she is so good for what she does. Has there ever been an edition where they screwed her up? Her stats/abilities have been pretty consistent over the years and she's been solid since I first saw her (granted last book she was a wee overcosted but still decent).
I was originally going to go with Lore of Metal on a lord and beasts on a level 2, then Life on a lord but now I'll try a Dark caster and see how that goes in addition to a level 1 Heaven's default sorc hiding in a warlock unit.
A hag with cauldron might need some help in the way of an Ogre Blade to stay alive otherwise I jsut see her getting beat by enemy characters. Witchbrew, frenzy, ASF, MP and the sword should see her to victory more often than not.
Cheap nobles with 2+ or 1+ saves will probably be used with Lore of Beasts.
Morathi is a treasure. I can't believe her points cost, she is so good for what she does. Has there ever been an edition where they screwed her up? Her stats/abilities have been pretty consistent over the years and she's been solid since I first saw her (granted last book she was a wee overcosted but still decent).