• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Belladamma Voltaire

Vyrkos Primogen
True Blood
Aug 15, 2007
Manchester, UK
Good evening one and all,

Month 1 WIP - First month and lore

Third edition Age of Sigmar looms on the horizon and with that, urgency to paint and fill out ranks of zombies and other delectable treats to try the new rules with.

To help with that I'm casting Invocation on the Tale of 4 Gamers concept within the forum setting.

The rules are simple, you pledge an army or a points amount or something you wish to paint and we will collectively support and motivate one another through this new interesting edition and our piles of grey. Commencing in July we'll have month 1 of this wherein we will share pictures on a new thread for WIP and a round up at the month end to show off what we've done that month. We continue this n until we get to Christmas, where we should have some new armies to show off!

Important note here:- YOU DON'T HAVE TO SIGN UP WITH A DEATH ARMY, JUST WHATEVER YOU WANT TO SHARE AND PAINT!

So, I'll go first. For Third edition Age of Sigmar I would like to paint up 2000 points of Troggoths and finish off sealing & basing my death forces.

I'll edit this thread to reflect people's commitments too.

Commitments:-
Voltaire - Fully based and sealed all of his death forces.
Voltaire - 2000 Points of Orruk Warclans

Last edited:

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
Brilliant idea @Belladonna Voltaire 😁 Unfortunately I'm not in a position to join in this one, but I'll definitely eagerly follow! I'll pop up a notice about this tomorrow as well and put it in our weekly roundup 👍

Badbones777

Zombie
Jun 17, 2021
Liverpool
Cool! If we have 'til July before we start, then I am going to pledge to try and get 1.5k of AoS stuff painted up by Christmas (I'd go for 2k but I have a bunch of other stuff to paint as well)

My first commitment is a short term one - to decide what new army I actually want to start for this! I'll work from there once I've got that figured out.

Gederas

Grave Guard
Jun 15, 2021
Rhode Island
Well, seeing as how I only have a fun hode-podge of assorted models...

I pledge to finish 20 Deadwalker Zombies, 10 Black Knights, 5 Vampire Lords, 5 Blood Knights, two sets of The Crimson Court, the Cursed City Heroes, Radukar the Wolf, Vyrkos Blood-Born, Torguilius the Chamberlain, Neferata, Mannfred, 1 Wight King, 1 Necromancer

😁

That's currently all I have to paint for my Gravelords, might end up having more soon-ish?

Belladamma Voltaire

Vyrkos Primogen
True Blood
Aug 15, 2007
Manchester, UK
Nice one @Gederas

@Belladonna Voltaire - if entrants buy more models after it starts, can they increase their pledge, assuming they are committing to do them by the deadline?

Deadlines and pledges are only managed by the participants so they can amend as they wish. It's more about the act than the collection.

Cthelthmoore

Zombie
Feb 26, 2021
Ireland
I'll pledge the rest of my Vampire Counts army!

I think I have 140 zombies (almost 60 painted, no basing or shading done), somewhere around 80-100 skeletons, 21 pre-owned Dire Wolves (already painted well when I got them but they need a touch up), 20 Ghouls, 3 Fell Bats, 5 Spirit Hosts, 10 Grave Guard, a mordheim vampire guy, a couple of bar swarms, a Necromancer, Neferata with her cat and I think some Black Knights that need to be converted.

Also a Wight Lord.

Badbones777

Zombie
Jun 17, 2021
Liverpool
Hi Guys - great to see a good few people getting involved as well - always motivational to see other people's stuff coming along! Really looking forward.

After a lot of rumination, I think I've finally settled on what I'm going to do for this project - Flesh Eater Courts. There were a few things I could have done,
as I still have a couple of armies for AoS I would like to do, but my reasoning for doing FEC for this project rests on a couple of pillars:

1.) I currently have 4 AoS armies and Death is the only Macro-allegiance not represented in my collection.

2.) As much as I loved my 6th ed Tomb Kings of old (quite literally lost to the sands of time - or more accurately I can't find them following a house
move) I also have a hankering for some undead with a bit more meat on their bones, and to finally do justice to the memory of the 4th edition (yes,
I am old) undead army I never got to start that I wanted to be ghoulish (I had metal tastes and a plastic pocket money budget so I did Orcs instead leveraging
the Goblins you got in the 4th ed box - always kind of bugged me that I never did get anywhere with that project)

3.) I've had a narrative idea for a counts-as-blisterskin force that just hasn't left me alone for over a year now, so I might as well shut it up.

4.) I mean, this is Carpe Noctem - seems only right to do a Death army in light of the above!

So yeah, FEC it is - and with this one project I can hopefully with one stroke tick off a few boxes by getting that first AoS Death representation in my collection,
make things right with the 10 year old self who never did get a bunch of gribbly ghouls, and scratch a narrative itch that's been pestering me a good while.

I am rather excited - it's been a while since I did anything undead, and even longer since I've painted undead that wasn't a skelly! (Heroquest and similar notwithstanding)

Badbones777

Zombie
Jun 17, 2021
Liverpool
After a bit of hemming and hawing over exactly what to get first, I've finally (and somewhat predictably) just ordered a starter set as, tbf, the FEC range as a whole isn't massive, and most of it is in that box!
Even if I find I have no interest in a dragon/gheist it's still a good deal as the flayers and ghouls are both things I certainly will be wanting. So hopefully it'll arrive over the weekend and
ideally I'll have at least some ghouls to show by the end of next week.

Sception

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Sep 23, 2009
After a bit of hemming and hawing over exactly what to get first, I've finally (and somewhat predictably) just ordered a starter set as, tbf, the FEC range as a whole isn't massive, and most of it is in that box!
Even if I find I have no interest in a dragon/gheist it's still a good deal as the flayers and ghouls are both things I certainly will be wanting. So hopefully it'll arrive over the weekend and
ideally I'll have at least some ghouls to show by the end of next week.

The only things you'll want for FEC that you can't get from multiple start collecting boxes are:

* Abhorrent Archregent. Not too pricey as a stand alone hero, but also comes in the broken realms box which should still be available most places and is a pretty decent deal in its own right

* Varghulf. Expensive and annoyingly in resin, decent details but very stiff pose. If you play at independent stores where 3rd party models are allowed, I'd look online for non-GW alternatives. If you are stuck playing at GW stores or wish to participate in official events, try searching online for conversion ideas based on the crypt flayer/horror kit.

* horror/flayer courtiers: no actual models, so you're going to end up dedicating a whole set of three to converting some of these.

* ghoul courtiers: no actual models, and not too commonly used, so you may just opt to skip them. Alternatively, the Warhammer Underworlds ghoul warband has a handful of cool ghoul models you can run as courtiers without having to burn an entire batch of 10 ghouls for just a couple heroes.

Reactions: Badbones777

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu