• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke Danse Macabre

The Duke
True Blood
Sep 16, 2010
Sunderland, United Kingdom
*Looking over the merchant not batting an eyelid for all his bluster, he had seen the daemons of chaos itself tear his friends apart whilst trying to tear out his own throat, a upstart merchant was barely worth even speaking to and indeed he would not had he no need of the armour.*

"You are right... you don't know much of the corsair trade.
A Corsair wears light armour at best for speed and relay on their cloaks above all else, their weapons are the heaviest things they carry and a good amount of them are crafted by those who wield them to suit their own fighting style and as to their pay.
Where as it is the bonus they prefer the plunder and the bloody work of the trade as their reward, higher the risks, the higher the reward."

*Smiling*

"After all very few slaves come without the gentel persuasions of our corsairs do they not?..."

*Taking a step towards the merchant, unit only a swords span apart, a lazy smile on his face and laughter in his eyes he held up the bulging coin Purse*

"200 Gold... For the Armour and the Cloak to go with.
It is a quality item and i am willing to pay for it but i am willing to pay only so much."

*Holding the merchants gaze*

"Now we both know you will profit as you would not of started a normal price for risk of haggling and a merchant like yourself knows his trade as well as I know mine.
200 gold and not a penny more, do we have a deal?"

*Holding the purse of gold securely in his gauntletted hand in front of the merchant, bulging with coins so as to further impress his point with the added temptation.*

Count Vashra

Lord of Shadows
True Blood
Sep 29, 2013
New Zealand
Karochi took another drink. This was what he had been hoping for.
"Okay, let's see. Have some more bloodwine. I'll consider the sides." He held up his hand. "I'm with you." He held up one finger, and then the other hand. "Rythia I know will stay loyal." He held up a finger on the second hand. "They like each other, I'm sure. Sinthair is of course loyal." He held up a second finger. "He's Lord Viseryn's bodyguard. Why would he turn? I think Sar'geth is with me. I wouldn't put money on it, but we I have a suspicion." he held up a finger on the first hand. "Tenril is presumably on Lord Viseryn's side." Karochi held up a finger on the second hand. "I mean, he's been whipped. I'm not sure he'd risk turning. Tullaris I'm sure is with Lord Viseryn. Also I am sure Arkeith would be with Lord Viseryn. So, that makes you, me, possibly Sar'geth, and your Corsairs vs Viseryn, Rythia, SInthair, Tullaris, Tenril and Arkeith. And of course the new Corsairs. I'm not sure that's good enough odds. And I don't like uncertainties, so I'll put Sar'geth on Viseryn's side, for this hypothesis." He put both hands down and had another sip. "Perhaps assassination at night-slitting their throats quietly- could work. Though I suppose the doors are locked, and opening them would make a sound, so that's out of the question. Of course, we could place ourselves in positions in battle where we could not easily reach him, so we would not have to help him if he was in danger. Hopefully no one would suspect. But then, that's hopefully, and as I said before, I don't like uncertainties." Karochi sat back. "So, I've outlined the possibilities. Your thoughts?" He hoped he had given Master Kourla a lot to think about.

The Dread King

Staff member
True Blood
Jan 28, 2012
Sar'geth had remained quiet throughout the proceedings, impressed by Tullaros' haggling skills. It was almost surprising that such a seemingly replaceable retainer had such hidden skill. Almost.

But then again, Sar'geth reflected, the little people were always overlooked. The petty criminals and their small thefts, the insignificant nobles and their yet more insignificant schemes, the babbling conjurers and their illegal magic tricks. Nobody stabbed such useless dogs in the back...only a foolish druchii woulddo anything more than tread them underfoot!

Such was the aristocracy's way of thinking. A small inner smile crept up upon Sar'geth. What is that thief was in fact a spy from Ulthuan, assessing the weaknesses of a city? What if that noble was part of a league plotting the assassination of a greater power? What if that wizard was creating a potent arcane tool?

...what if Tullaris was more than he seemed?

Sar'geth pondered this matter for a while, before realising that the cloak and armour he was getting did not have holes in the back of their headgear, so he would not be able to use it while wearing them. He would rather not wear headgear at all than lose his third eye's capability while using it.

"Ah, Tullaris..." he intoned doubtfully, "there might be a problem with the helmet and cloak hood. Perhaps we should let the merchant make some...adjustments...before buying this armour, or find someone to do it for us...unless you feel confident enough to them?" Sar'geth intentionally rubbed the back of his head where his glowing eye was as he spoke, and hoped Tullaris understood what he meant. The man seemed quite intelligent, after all.

The vauvalka realised he'd just (figuratively) put a giant exploding spanner in Tullaris' bargaining works, but it had to be done, or else Sar'geth would not be able to wear a helmet on the hakseer.

Somehow he doubted that Viseryn would be happy if that were the case.

Duke Danse Macabre

The Duke
True Blood
Sep 16, 2010
*Tullaris turned his head slightly at his fellow retainers words so as to acknowledge his words, maintaining his gaze on the merchant taking in every minute movement so as to judge his reaction already preparing his counter proposal.*

"He buys his wares from the whole host of Blacksmiths depending on the quantity and quality he needs.
He does not fashion them himself and to even make a small change to such a suit of armour would take a considerable amount of time and risks ruining the work unless you have the skill.

Any cosmetic changes for comfort and fighting styles can be accounted for later as and when needed.
If any addition requirements are needed we can always acquire an additional piece which would serve infinitely better than damaging a good quality suit."

*Thinking in the back of his mind that it may be better to acquire an additional head piece, after all armour was not made to suit magic users for a reason, he could always make the changes himself but he would require a forge and months to do the work without damaging the armour.
besides what was the point in a helmet when you would have a large chunk of it missing, its protection would be useless... No, a face helm similar in use to those used by Corsairs and his cloak would have to do.*

Zephyr

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Mar 3, 2008
Rotterdam
Tenril motioned for another round of drinks. "So, it is settled. Welcome aboard the Bloodwrack!"
He made a toast to the other corsairs, Elror and Dalos, and found them to his liking. They showed scars and all carried a sea dragon cloak, a corsair's rite of passage, which meant he wasn't dealing with wannabe pirates.
"Rich plunder it'll be aye. And besides, Viseryn might be crazy but he is not stupid. Far from it. I cannot see him taking unneccesary risks."
Tenril tossed some coins on the table to pay for the drinks.
"I will see you three and any others wanting to join up in two hours time portside. Oh a word of advice; just stay clear from Viseryn. I will introduce you lot to him and Master Kourla."
He got up and went back upstairs, he never left without saying goodbye. Even if that goodbye meant a kick in the rear.

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Apr 23, 2008
Behind the Throne
Arkeith strode up to the deck and stretched, breathing in in the night's air.

He had been working on the sabre for a few hours now and had decided to take a break.

Glancing around he frowned at the unusual lack of corsairs before realising that it was likely due to them being in port, no doubt many of the sailors had taken the opportunity to go ashore.

Yawning the Khainite made his way to the bow of the ship, it was his favourite spot outside of his cabin.

Malochai

Staff member
True Blood
Aug 4, 2010
England
The Bloodwrack had slid out of Karond Kar's docks a fortnight before, and since then the only view that the retainers had been offered was that of cold, unyielding water and - very occasionally - the dark smudge of land to the north, at the very extreme edge of vision. Hours before they had left, a druchii by the name of Selthir, had appeared at the dock and requested to see Viseryn; Master Kourla had been on the verge of ordering his corsairs to cut the newcomer down when Viseryn had appeared and ordered he be let aboard and given quarters - he already wore a hadrilkar bearing the sigil of House Tagarys.

Viseryn had spent much of the time since them closeted in his quarters, only allowing even Rythia only the shortest of visits before ejecting her and returning to his papers, ensuring that there was little she could see which would betray his plans. When he wasn't below deck, the young dreadlord could be seen practising vigorously, testing his abilities against members of his retinue - his swordsmanship against Karochi, Selthir, Tenril and Tullaris, his ability with a bow against Rythia. Only Arkeith and Sar'geth had been left from this routine.

It became apparent not long after they had left Karond Kar that the Khainite had somehow fallen out of favour with his lord, and the newcomer Selthir had apparently replaced him, third only behind Sinthair and Rythia in terms to whom he spent most of his time with.

— — —​

It was the fifteenth day from Karond Kar when Viseryn finally ordered his retainers on deck, awaiting them on the forecastle where he stood behind and to the right of the figurehead, gazing at the Norscan coastline which drew closer as every individual moment passed, never to be recovered. His slick black hair, bound into a single, elaborate braid, glistened and as he turned to look at his servants, he licked salt spray from his lips. He wore a cuirass over his kheitan, his sword and daggers at his waist along with the barbed whip for breaking creatures.

"It is time; in less than a day we shall reach the first of the Norscan settlements, what they call a village," he began, spitting over the railing. "I call it little more than stable, and they shall be taught the folly of thinking themselves anything but cattle.
"It will also be the first time you fight for me; the first time to prove your loyalty. Any who fail to do so shall be punished, and those who prove themselves exemplary shall be rewarded, should they survive." A hard gleam took his eye, and he looked at each of his retainers, for all intents as if he stared them in the soul. Finally, he broke the contact and turned back to the growing landmass in the distance."

"Arkeith, approach me," he said quietly, hands clasped behind his back. The Khainite, despite any fear he may have felt, did so, bowing his head as he reached the acceptable distance for a retainer. Quick as a snake striking at its prey, the Tagarys heir spun about, his whip suddenly in his hand and flashing out like a serpent of deepest black. Arkeith's hand was just as quick, and his sabre appeared in it a moment before the vicious barbs of his lords weapon tore into his wrist, severing muscle and ruining tendons; the blade dropped to the deck with a metallic clang. "My brother is insidious, and has spies in many places. I do not expect those loyal to me to be amongst them!" His voice was harsh and whispered, and as he spoke he jerked the hand with which he held his whip sharply, tearing further into his flesh and causing a whimper to escape even that warriors mouth. With measured movements, he crossed the two sword lengths so he stood before Arkeith, a sacrificial blade in hand; as quick as thought he lashed out, stabbing it through his throat. Golden-bronze eyes bulged and blood poured before he yanked the blade free and let the body fall. The look on his face was one of disgust as ragged breaths turned to a deathly stillness.

"Corsairs, remove his body. My retainers, prepare yourselves. Tomorrow, you prove that you are worthy of my employ." Viseryn stalked off, every inch the predator.

— — —​

[mod]So, Arkeith is dead, killed by Viseryn. Get will be playing as Selthir from now on.

All: What have you characters done during the fortnight long voyage? Have they trained, or simply tried to 'enjoy' the voyage as much as possible? Have you tried to seek an audience with Viseryn? (If so, you will have been rejected bar Rythia - and those were little more than conjugal). How did you find the sparring against Viseryn? Did he meet your expectations, or did you find him lacking? (It is fine to have found him lacking, but you will have let him win, for your own safety). Did you interact with the corsairs, or avoid them?

Lastly, what do you think of how Viseryn killed Arkeith, and that he did it? Do you believe him a spy, or is it just Viseryn's overwhelming paranoia? Do you attempt to talk to each other about it, or do you not care enough to discuss it? Do you think this will help you improve your standing with Viseryn, as it had appeared before that he was amongst Viseryn's favoured retainers?

Selthir: How did you come to be in Viseryn's employ (probably as we have discussed in PMs; just add more detail), and what do you think of him?[/mod]

Now, I hope this update is alright; I have tried to keep the same the same tone going into it. The next major update (hopefully next weekend/the weekend after) should hopefully see us entering the Norscan village and start the Hakseer proper!

Shareya

Vampire Count
True Blood
Dec 16, 2012
A small frown settled on Rythia's features in the moment Arkeith's life was ended. She had grown to enjoy his company even if he never quite enjoyed hers but at least it had not stopped the pair from training together. Though she still believed that the Khainite had only done so to keep her from talking his ear off with her lies and half truths.

"Such a waste." Her words where whispered to assure that Viseryn's mood would not be ruined any more then it seemingly had and thankfully she was more then able to replace her frown with a sweet smile. After all betrayal and death was common among the Druchii. Still the young elf was quite unsure if he had truly been a traitor but it did not matter.

"What to do, what to do."
Rythia raised her voice as she casually moved around on the ships deck. If it was but a single day until their first raid then even more training seemed to be nothing but a waste of time and energy or so the she believed. Not to mention she had honed her skills dutifully while also assuring her Lord remained entertained and his new slave was properly trained and not simply broken.

"Perhaps..." How tempted the Noble suddenly was to seek out Selthir to learn more about the male and find out just how useful he could be. Not to mention see what wonderful skills he could pass on to her over the many months they are still going to be at sea. Yet suddenly such thoughts caused Rythia's lips to part and a laugh to leave her. Terrible images of her gazing at her Lord while he used his bow crawled into her mind and she was swiftly reminded how few among her kin still value such a weapon. Most prefer blades and crossbows so it had been quite the challenge for her to lose and pretend she was actually trying to win.

"Blood..." The smell and the sight of red liquid snapped Rythia back into reality and even aided her in making up her mind. Slowly she started to make her way towards the stairs that lead to the lower decks and eventually to her Lords chambers. For now she cared little for simple pleasures of flesh but she was ever so unsure in what mood Viseryn truly was due to the betrayal and that had made her far too curious. Did such displays excite him? Annoy him? Even anger him? Or did it simply leave him cold and uncaring? There was only one way to find out.

However the path his cabin was a long one as Rythia was forced to exchange words with almost all of the corsairs she came across. None truly interested her and most where wise enough to watch their words around her as they feared the Dreadlords wrath. But she knew it was only a matter of time before their gazes became more hungry and she could entertain herself in a different, more subtle manner.

Knock, knock, knock. She had finally arrived.

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Apr 23, 2008
Behind the Throne
Selthir was the newest Retainer on board and the Highborne was already bored with the journey, the Druchii was leaning lazily against the railing looking out at the sea. The lean tall elf was wearing his silk robes and a dagger, the short blade was currently in his hand as he pressed the tip into a finger of his opposite hand.

"Strange." he thought to himself idly looking down at the blade "Strange to think how those mere decades as a Cold One Knight already have numbed my ability to feel."

The knight looked up again and considered the last few weeks.

Selthir had been enjoying himself in the pleasure houses of Konrad Kar, spending what little money he had left that sorceress bitch of a sister had given him when Viseryn had appeared with that brute Sinthair. The meeting had been a relatively cheap one, Selthir a little intoxicated had thoughtlessly mentioned he was a skilled warrior with no money and Viseryn a young Highborne on his Hakseer in need of a new retainer. Selthir smirked as he thought about the one called Arkeith being thrown overboard and how he now understood why the noble had needed a new follower.

The days on board since had been a mix of interest and boredom, the first days he had spent observing the others.
Viseryn was certainly a...character, Selthir had known his share of half-mad members of the aristocracy but Viseryn was fully insane but at least that meant he wouldn't be dull. Iceblood had also been invited to spar with his new master which had been educational, Selthir himself was a natural with a sword and the other Druchii clearly was not. Selthir had still allowed the Tagarys elf to win 5 touches to 4 however for all that he wasn't about to underestimate the other aristocrat, for in the sparring he hadn't used his whip, besides Selthir was sure the danger Viseryn represented was beyond mere combat ability.
The retainers he knew less about but there seemed to be some form of hierarchy between them. Sinthair was clearly Viseryn's most trusted servant but he was a brutal attack dog at best. After him came the female Rythia although whether that was due to ability or that she was simply a good bedmate for her Lord was unknown.
Iceblood knew much less about the others, Selthir would bide his time and observe the others before he tried to make alliances.

Selthir glanced around as he heard a shout and saw two corsairs walking towards him, he recognised the older one as Azrilth a lying seadog who cheated at cards too often.

"Hey Sir Ice...whatever, the boys were wondering you were ready for another game?" Azrilth asked once he was closer.

"A game? Blades or dice I wonder." he thought to himself.

Selthir smirked, he had spent nearly every day in the past two weeks dicing with the corsairs and dragging them into sparring matches. If there was one thing the knight knew about any military venture was that you listened to how those of low birth spoke about the current state of their assignment and their leader.
The elf also made sure that the sailors knew just how good he was with a blade, letting them like him was hardly the same as letting him think he was weak.

"Very well...lead on." he replied sheathing his dagger and following the sailors below deck.

Count Vashra

Lord of Shadows
True Blood
Sep 29, 2013
New Zealand
Karochi mentally sighed when he saw Viseryn kill Arkeith. There had been no reason to kill him-though there was a chance he had been a spy, and had they traded places Kar0ochi suspected he would not have let a potential spy live. Despite his frustrations ad plans, he allowed Viseryn to win the practice bouts-himself winning would not be extremely sensible, considering the circumstances.
He was pleased to se even Rythia being only temporarily allowed in the Lord's quarters, because eh thought she had been getting too intimate with Viseryn.

Karochi saw a new retainer walk onto the ship and talk with Viseryn. The newcomer was tall, without scars, though judging from what could be made out of his age he should have received some, and had violet eyes. Karochi had never seen those. Seithir Iceblood suits him, Karochi thought, after listening to his conversation.
He noticed Seithir follow some Corsairs below deck for a sparring bout. He thought that it would be a good idea to talk to the new retainer, to find out about his background and abilities. He went over to where Iceblood had descended, and waited for him to come up.

When Seithir finished his sparring and came back up, Karochi walked beside him and attempted to begin a conversation.
"Greetings, sir Iceblood. I am pleased that you have been allowed to join our Hakseer, and I hope you profit from it. I am Karochi, and have been on this voyage from the start. I have come here to build a fortune and restore my House in Naggarond, which I hope will be a successful endeavour. Where are you from? Why are you here?"

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Apr 23, 2008
Behind the Throne
When Selthir returned up on deck he was wearing his armour and sword rather than the robes, he had changed for a short sparring match with the Corsairs after everyone decided they were to sober for dicing, the highborne had decided instead of changing back out of his wargear however that he would keep it on for a while (mostly because he was too lazy to change again). He had neglected his helmet and cloak however, leaving them in his quarters.

When reaching the deck he was suddenly bombarded with questions from the retainer called Karochi, usually he was merely brush off any attention but his curiosity over those he'd be fighting alongside won out.

"Ah...Karochi isn't it?" he greeted, feigning uncertainty about the others name.

"Why such a kind and kind greeting, it is good to see that Viseryn had the good taste to obtain the service of another of more high birth...well somewhat high anyway." he added arrogantly.

He gestured lazily to the other elf "Walk with me."

Selthir didn't look to see if Karochi was following, he just assumed it would be so and continued to speak.
"You say you're from the Capital? How very pleasant for you, I myself am from Kar Karond...until recently a knight in the city's army."

"As to why I'm here? Well I was bored of military service..." he explained, it was hardly the full answer but he wasn't willing to give this stranger his entire life's story.

He allowed silence to reign for a few long moments before asking the question that had been most curious.
"You say rebuild your house? Why does it need rebuilding?"

Count Vashra

Lord of Shadows
True Blood
Sep 29, 2013
New Zealand
Karochi gnashed his teeth as he walked. his tongue had slipped. He shook his head. "No, no. I apologise. I slipped my tongue. I meant to say I am here to rebuild my own life after escaping from Blood Night. I suspect my parents have removed me from the roster of living members of my House, so I will need to build my fortunes up to rebuild what I can of my life. Again, I apologise for the slip of my tongue. I really should know better.
A knight? That is interesting. It would explain how your hand did not react when stabbed-I am very observant, sir knight. I hope you had a successful career, and I hope you find fortunes in Norsca matching or surpassing what you earned or took in your military role.
I too am reasonably skilled with blades." Karochi touched both his swords. "Perhaps we should have a practice bout?"

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Apr 23, 2008
Behind the Throne
Selthir's smiled mockingly "Misspoke...of course you did."

"Yes I was quite successful serving as on of the city's knights...but it's also not the most interesting position. Most so called battles were dull skirmishes I'm afraid."

The knight listened the the Druchii's proposal before frowning slightly at the swords at Karochi's hips.
"Ah...you practice to the dual blade method? How very...common...I've always found the lack of strength and speed one hand suffers over two hands in exchange for an extra weapon to be an unwanted change."

Selthir yawned slightly.
"And I have just returned from multiple sparring sessions below decks but...well if you wish I suppose I could use a little more exercise."

Looking around he gestured a bit further up the ship.
"We can have space up there...and we're less likely to get in the sailors way."

Count Vashra

Lord of Shadows
True Blood
Sep 29, 2013
New Zealand
"We each have our own style, sir knight," Karochi said,unsheathing his blades and walking up to where Seithir had indicated. He waited until Seithir had caught up. He swung his blades in a small arc to flex his muscles, and then began his attack.
He fainted his left blade down to Seithir's chest, and then swung towards his opponent's right arm, while his right blade feinted to Seithir's left arm and then went for his throat, pointing to it in a way that would be fatal if it was real fight but a short distance away so as not to cause any injury

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Apr 23, 2008
Behind the Throne
Selthir unsheathed his blade slowly and took up a stance with his blade held in a low guard.

Usually the knight always tried to take the initiative but for this match he was less concerned with winning than observing the other retainer's abilities.

As Karochi attacked Selthir smirked, his opponent's blades were so short that he had to move dangerously close to even hope to land a strike. Selthir danced backwards as he cut horizontally, his own two-handed sword crashing into Karochi's lighter pair of weapons.

Once out of range of his sparring partner's swords but in range of his own he reversed the cut and slashed back towards Karochi's left shoulder, the knight planned to strike the other Highborne with the flat of his blade so as to not cause injury however.

Malochai

Staff member
True Blood
Aug 4, 2010
England
Viseryn was leaning over the table in the main room of his quarters when the knocking on the door broke his thoughts. He scowled, marring his handsome features, and smoothed the creases in the crimson robes he had put on over his kheitan. "Sinthair, answer that," he ordered curtly, keeping the look of irritation etched in place.

"Of course, Dreadlord." With the obedience of one long learned in how not to irritate Viseryn, Sinthair took the few stride to the door and opened it, using his bulk to block any view of Viseryn and thus any potential line of fire. When he saw Rythia, he scowled himself and when he spoke, the irritation and distaste in his voice was clear. "Why do you disturb the Dreadlord?"

Shareya

Vampire Count
True Blood
Dec 16, 2012
"Sweet Sinthair are you in a foul mood today as well? My poor heart aches for you." Rythia's words where coated with sweet honey but even then the subtle venom they carried could not be completely masked. "But I am here to see if my beloved Lord desires to be entertained or simply soothed with soft words. So many betrayals, so many problems and we have not even had our first raid." The noble allows herself a small pause before adding. "And if he has you to look at I fear his mood will never improve."

Malochai

Staff member
True Blood
Aug 4, 2010
England
"Let her by, Sinthair," Viseryn sighed, rubbing an aching temple carefully. The armoured bulk of his oldest retainer moved aside and the young noble saw Rythia. He felt something stir at the sight of her momentarily before he quelled it angrily; she had become far too close to his plans and he was determined that he would not fall for her ploys - if she wanted to offer herself up to him, that was her problem, but it would be little more than that. "What do you want, woman?" His voice was growled. "You hide behind honeyed words, and I want the truth. Why are you here when I ordered all of you to prepare for tomorrow?"

Shareya

Vampire Count
True Blood
Dec 16, 2012
"I have spent each and every day perfecting my poisons and learning how to wield a blade when there was time." Rythia states casually while slipping into the cabin. "But now that my teacher has been butchered I need to focus my efforts on something else today."

If not stopped the young noble inched towards the table where Viseryn resided but she was in no hurry to actually get close to him. For now she was more then happy to tap her long fingers against the wooden furniture while pacing back and forth as if she was stalking her prey.

"I have always offered you the truth my Lord. Your success matters to me far more then it does to the rest of your crew and retainers." No longer did she move around but for that her hungry gaze fell on Viseryn's own. "I came here to speak to you about the latest betrayal and to see if you desire my words or something else, something more. Unlike what most of the fools believe I do not offer you pleasures of the flesh for more favor...I do so because I believe it can soothe a males anger and help him think."

At least the nobles always did know how to best get rid of frustration, when drugs where not around at least.

Malochai

Staff member
True Blood
Aug 4, 2010
England
The look on Viseryn's face neither encouraged Rythia to approach, nor demand she stop; in fact, it was a blank mask as to his feelings, a new thing for this druchii who was driven by his emotions and suspicions. "And why should my success matter to you? If I fail, you find another fool to fuck and wed. And offering me your flesh is now unnecessary; I have a slave trained by you - not the same, surely, but I need you not to 'soothe my anger'!"

With that, he turned his back on her and busied himself at the sideboard where he poured a glass of bloodwine for himself. When he turned back, he raised an eyebrow and placed another glass on the table, as well as the bottle. "If you wish," he said, with a gesture, before continuing the previous thread of conversation. "Thus, as I do not need your body, why should I continue to allow you private audiences?"

Shareya

Vampire Count
True Blood
Dec 16, 2012
The words uttered by the Dreadlord did not even cause Rythia to flinch. Perhaps she had expected them or perhaps she simply was educated well enough by her mother to know how to brush off such cruel things. However Viseryn's blank mask did cause her to hesitate if only for a few seconds, it was truly something she did not believe him being capable off. At least not when in a heated conversation.

"This is most true. You have a delicious new plaything and I could always find a new Lord for myself. Perhaps one even with more power then you." Still her words where tainted by both her own special venom and sweet honey. It truly did seem that the noble was unable to decide what kind of tone she should use and so she walked a fine line between two extremes.

Once the wine was offered however she moved towards the bottle just to fill her glass and at least for now cast her eyes onto on the table as if being deep in thought.
"But...if that was what you desired then you would have stopped seeing me a while ago." Her slender fingers wrapped around the glass but they did not lift it. "I do not desire a different Lord as you are unique. I am not even sure if that is a good thing for me becau-..." Rythia's sentence shatters and finally her smile is replaced by a wicked little grin. "You are a beautiful flame and I can not help but be drawn closer as if I was nothing more then a moth. Only time will tell if I will be reduced to ash due to my own reckless desire." Her slender fingers lifted the wine glass to her lips but she still did not drink. The scent was enough for now. "The slave is a distraction and little more. I learned that shortly after I presented her-...Do you recall my Lord? What words you uttered and how delighted I was. No matter what you do her nails will never cut into your flesh, her teeth will never leave their marks and she will never fully be able to...soothe you."

At least the young noble had paid attention to her Lords desires when it came to entertainment. It was also the reason why their fun often ended with both bodies being covered by fine lines of blood and not just sweat.

Malochai

Staff member
True Blood
Aug 4, 2010
England
"More power than me? When I return and my father is ... Removed, I shall be one of the most powerful within Clar Karond," Viseryn hissed angrily, fingers tightening on the edge of the table as he gripped it, and then he relaxed, folding the map he had been looking at so that Rythia could see nothing.

"I do not see you, I have you, and could do that whether you wished it or not!" Waving a hand, he sat leisurely in a high, wing-backed seat. "What's this crap about moths and flames? It sounds more fitting of an asur! In Naggaroth, insects are killed, by people or nature. Make sure you don't go down the same path, Rythia, it would be ... A shame," he said, gently tapping the edge of his glass with long fingers, almost as if he was pondering something.
"You misremember what I said, little she-elf, and you would do well to remember that." His voice changed suddenly, becoming a warning growl. "And she wouldn't do that because she knows her place, something you too should put some thought into. You are my retainer, my ... Mistress when it suits me. Don't overstep your mark.:

Shareya

Vampire Count
True Blood
Dec 16, 2012
Rythia finally parted her lips to have a small taste of the sweet crimson liquid that rested inside of her glass. And the more her Lord spoke the more amused she seemed to become but yet in the end instead of defending her words or explaining them better she simply shrugged.

"Then I truly must offer you my deepest apologies for wasting your time with my annoying visits." Carefully the half filled wineglass was placed on the wooden table before the noble bowed her head. "I will take my leave and prepare for tomorrow."

If not stopped Rythia would have spun on her heels and left Viseryn's cabin with all haste and once outside her features twitched and a sly smirk was put on display for the world to see. How much fun she was going to have.

Duke Danse Macabre

The Duke
True Blood
Sep 16, 2010
*Tullaris observed the others with only passing interest, Sparing once again as he had done since he first set off on this voyage it gave him time to hone his skills and reflect on other things.

The killing of the retainer had not be a surprise, in fact far from it.
It was only a matter of time before the young Dread lord decided to kill yet more of his crew in an attempt to show his authority, ironically those who yelled the loudest were often the weakest however, cunning maybe but even a tavern wench could be cunning, it took allot more to be a leader of men.
It did however raise the question how long would it be before he tried his luck against the executioner in earnest, a smile tugging at the corners of his lips at the prospect.

Walking to the bow of the ship he set himself down overlooking the stern, his blade laid across his legs, ready if needs be.
As the minutes turned to hours he removed him helm, the wind catching his hair sending it billowing behind him as he looked onwards considering what was to come.*

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu