• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Malochai

Staff member
True Blood
Aug 4, 2010
England
"Yes, do that Rythia. When I require your services, I shall have Sinthair summon you. Until then, begone," Viseryn said, already turning back to the map which he began to unfold as Rythia opened the door.

Zephyr

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Mar 3, 2008
Rotterdam
Tenril had breathed in the salty air, feeling himself more and more relaxed with each passing moment. He did not mind the sparring bouts; it kept him on edge. He did not mind the movements of a ship at full open sea; it was his life. The dice games turning violent; cocked dice were always fun!
But of course just when he thought all was going as it should go on a ship one of the retainers got...butchered. There was no other word for it.

Tenril had just stared at the scene playing out before him, not feeling much anymore though he had held some respect for Arkeith. He had long ago accepted that Viseryn was a cruel bastard and that most of the retainers would probably not make it. He did everything in his power to make sure he wasn't on Viseryn's to-do list.
He quickly checked the faces of the corsairs he had rounded up, they seemed either uninterested or smiled cruelly. Good, even if they feared for their own lives they weren't stupid enough to show it.
Had Arkeith not been his favorite? His bodyguard almost in a way? Yup, cruel bastard behavior right there.

He had not talked to the new one that had come aboard. He did not like the way he pranced around, as if the ship belonged to him. Typical arrogant noble type, just like he had once been in his younger days. Too stupid to realize that all he held dear could be taken away in a heartbeat.
Tenril smiled to himself, so far the most vocal retainers and those closest to Viseryn were the ones to get into danger. Viseryn-type danger. Tenril would simply do his job and leave it at that. No sucking up and only speaking when spoken to.

He listened on as Viseryn was ranting about a Norscan "stable". He had wanted to slap the noble for being so stupid. Had he not told him that there would be nothing of worth but hardy, and ultimately untrustworthy, slaves?
Tenril walked over the the other side of the ship and meditated a while on the raid to come, the cold wind giving him strength. This was what he was born to do.
He wondered if the other retainers were up for it. This was a different sort of fight than most were used to, very frenzied and fast. He took out his dagger and sliced the palm of his hand, letting the droplets of blood fall into the sea whilst whispering a prayer. Just to be sure.

Count Vashra

Lord of Shadows
True Blood
Sep 29, 2013
New Zealand
(OOC: managed to find time to post today)

Karochi stumbled back as Seithir's sword crashed into his blades. He had a split second to decide his next move. He twisted to the right and tried to knock Seithir's sword away with his left blade while aiming for his left leg with his right blade. As his blades moved he kicked wit his leg.

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Apr 23, 2008
Behind the Throne
Selthir's blade started low, Karochi's left blade struck the bastard sword but the one handed sword weapon was simply too light and lacked too much force to displace the heavier two handed weapon.

The knight managed to block the sword strike by twisting through a low guard his fencing instructors had called "Slithering Serpent" and moved his blade to a medium stance in a transition known as "Viper Rises".

However Selthir was a swordsman, a masterful one, but his ability to brawl was much less and although he was well trained to wrestle in armour he was inadequately prepared for the swift kick his opponent deliver to his leg.

Selthir stumbled back, purposely allowing himself to appear more unbalanced than he was to try and put distance between himself and the other elf.

Using the greater length of his weapon Iceblood moved from his central stance and moved into "Nauglir Strikes", a lightning swift thrust delivered along the center line where the swordsman placed his right hand on the blade itself for weapon control and used the left on the hilt to power the attack. The power was increased by the fact that the elf had to move into the attack and throw his weight into it.
A devestatingly swift and accurate attack but one that had the weakness of over-commitment that did not allow the user to recover easily if the attack failed.
It was a move that the knight rarely used due to the danger it imposed on himself.

Selthir delivered the attack a little slower than what he was capable of due to two reasons. Firstly his leg hurt from Karochi's quick, yet powerful, kick but also so that he could turn his sword point aside at the last moment as not to hurt Karochi...or at least not hurt him too badly.

The Dread King

Staff member
True Blood
Jan 28, 2012
Sar'geth blinked, not quite believing what he had just seen. Did Viseryn just kill the assassin? Oh dear. I thought he liked him. Or rather, he disliked him the least. The wizard's shoulders slumped slightly in a barely noticeable gesture of hopelessness. If he's prepared to kill one of his closest guards and he can do so unchallenged by his crew - for Arkeith had been like a protector to the dreadlord - who is even remotely safe on this ship? Sar'geth was beginning to think that when the hakseer reached Norsca - if it ever reached Norsca - all the savages would find was a blood-smeared ship piled high with dead bodies and one raving druchii. Viseryn had already killed one of his most valuable servants, in Sar'geth's opinion. Arkeith had been loyal, unlike the rest of them - Sar'geth included. Loyalty was not a thing the wizard himself would come to practice - only a fool would not look beyond Targarys' crazed agenda - but a loyal fool was a valuable asset, nonetheless. It was a pity, the magician thought, but perhaps also a small blessing. He did not doubt that Arkeith was one of the closest to knowing of the wizard's arcane nature, and Sar'geth Analzin couldn't afford to have that knowledge passed around to the majority of the crew and its unforgiving master - it was simply too dangerous to be allowed.

It was too late to turn back now on the journey, however. His last feasible opportunity to do so had disappeared when they left Karond Kar after docking for more troops. Karond Kar had given the wizard a few boons, though, Analzin reflected, gazing down at his now exquisitely armoured gauntlet. He nodded his thanks to Tullaris once more, as he had done when they'd left the harbour, for his bartering skills that had made short work of the haggling armour merchant they had encountered. He'd chosen a black cloak with a hood and a spine yet attached - or, to be precise, the part of the spine that could fit into a cloak made for an elf of normal stature. The cloak was of dragonhide, incredibly tough and durable, and encased a full suit of Ravandil half-plate - a work of art, just as the merchant had said.

True, the wizard had left the helmet in his quarters until he had the means and the time to create spice for his artificial eye, and - for the same reason - preferred to leave the hood of his cloak down, but the armour was a great protection nonetheless, and encapsulated his own enchanted robes - the hat of which did cover Sar'geth's head, bar one hole that fit his third eye exactly - which provided arcane protection of their own.

He pondered upon the rarity of the ingredients required for the mission Malekith had tasked him with, and, whilst attempting to think of how to escape death at the hands of both the Witch king and the beastmaster he served - which Varens had failed to do - an all-too-recent memory flashed behind his eyes. Arkeith's eyes as he died...the brass eyes of khaine! By Naggaroth, they could be useful indeed! Sar'geth knew he couldn't miss his opportunity as Viseryn walked below deck and his crew prepared to toss Arkeith's body - such treasure, how could they so lightly cast it aside?!? - off the boat. A single word, the opening of a half-baked argument, left the vauvaulka's lips. "Wait!"

Some of the crew glanced at him for a second. Was he questioning Viseryn's orders after the lord's favoured had just been killed?

"Ah...sh-shouldn't we...make an example of Arkeith for his horrifying betrayal?" Sar'geth stuttered, partly from fear and partly because he was improvising on his argument.

The members of the crew designated to throw Arkeith's body overboard stood, agape. The one who'd failed to kill a single soldier on the day of the failed rebellion was ordering them; he truly was insane, especially considering their lord's current volatility of mood.

He let out an almost inaudible nervous chuckle, and progressed, "I mean...n-not to transgress against Viseryn...I think we should cut out his eyes first...", So I can use them in my rituals..., he thought, before speaking once more: "...as a warning for others not to betray our lord? It seems that simply killing the traitors doesn't always completely prevent animosity, considering Arkeith's betrayal after we killed the rebels on board this ship, so I think we should try a more brutal method."

The mage leaned in towards Arkeith and the crew, and adopted a more confident tone, his plan well thought out. "You could keep his eyeless form on board as a keepsake of sorts; a reminder to remain loyal to lord Viseryn. I can help...I am deft enough to remove a man's eyes without marring the face, and this would be essential to proving that their loss was not just a wound suffered by Arkeith in battle. Will you kindly allow me to do so?" The wizard nearly rubbed his hands together in glee at the idea of receiving new, valuable ingredients, but stopped himself at the last minute. After all, he was walking on thin ice what with this daring request and his somewhat suspicious conduct against the mutineers, so he definitely did not want to look too suspicious.

Duke Danse Macabre

The Duke
True Blood
Sep 16, 2010
Sunderland, United Kingdom
*Watching the exchange between the corsairs and Sar'geth he smiled, he was a wizard and not a rogue for a reason and to speak nothing of his magical talents, the trickery was more the business of an assassin of which they now found themselves lacking.

Striding forwards across the length of the ship to where they were talking donning his helmet along the way he brought his sword down from his should with a sound you may expect when cutting into a particularly tender calf steak separating the dead assassins head from his body.*

"Not a Bad idea but it pays to do these things right, take his head, remove his eyes and then see it dipped and mounted at the head of the ship as an example for all to see.

*Turning his gaze to the corsairs, the menace of his actions reflected in his appearance before giving them clear instructions in a tone that sugested he would brook no argument.*

"Now cut off his remaining hand and throw it and his body over board, he can wander lost in the next world with pain as his only sense."#

*Hefting his blade back into place along his shoulder, fresh gore covering his blade giving a barely noticeable incline of his head to Sar'geth whilst doing so to mask the movement, now he could do what he wanted with the eyes and any other part of the had that took his fancy without fear of questions arising provided he mounted the remains when done.*

Count Vashra

Lord of Shadows
True Blood
Sep 29, 2013
New Zealand
As karochi withdrew his blades from his previous attack, he saw Seithir's sword come in. He jumped to the side and landed a blow with the flat of one of his blades on Seithir's chest. "Strike. I win," he said triumphantly.
He sheathed his blades. "I must say, that was an interesting match. It seems you have taught me that Two light blades are not perfect against a quick, ready foe with one heavy blade. I will need to increase my strength. But I thank you for showing me.
Ah, I see my kick is bothering you? It is a nice trick of mine. Though it was a good recovery. I can see how you were skilled enough to be a successful knight.
I wish you good hunting in Norsca. I will now go and work on my strength, unless there is something else you would like to discuss."

Karochi slowly began walking to his quarters, so Seithir would have time to call him back if he wanted to.

The Dread King

Staff member
True Blood
Jan 28, 2012
The magus had spent most of the time on the journey so far since he'd left the docks once more in his cabin studying various tomes and experimenting in private, though every day he would come out for a short space of time to train, so as not to draw too much suspicion. He did not know much of this newcomer, Selthir, but he was mistrusting of the knight to say the least. As any sensible being in my position would and should be, he worried. A cold one knight on a hakseer? He may still be duty bound to Malekith. Sar'geth mind was abound with paranoia. A servant of Malekith, sent to monitor my progress...come to think of it, wasn't Arkeith killed for espionage - he was working for another man? And suddenly another - the Witch King's reserve - steps into his place as Viseryn's favoured. Malekith must certainly be a control freak, if he needs to keep a constant watch. An amused half-smile touched Sar'geth's lips as he recalled this line of thought. But didn't I know that already? Sar'geth shot a quick glance at Selthir filled with suspicion, though this was unreadable to anyone but the vauvaulka himself - he occasionally did this - but could glean nothing of much value from the elf's current actions. He seemed to have finished a practice duel with Karochi, the latter being the victor in this case, though it was notable that their battle had been close and the outcome unpredictable.

The smile Sar'geth had donned at his previous thoughts threatened to grow to a satisfied grin as Tullaris played his hand, but Sar'geth suppressed it before it could surface in earnest. It seemed Tullaris had come to his aid once more; he would keep that in mind should he ever be called upon to return the favour. The vavaulka would not do that out of kindness, of course - for an emotion such as that one was foolish - but he hoped he could build a mutual understanding between himself and Aislinn; teamwork could profit them both, it seemed. "An excellent idea," he responded to Tullaris' suggestion. "With your captain's - or better still, lord Viseryn's permission - I'll be taking this to prepare it. It requires extreme precision not to visibly harm the flesh around the eye sockets when removing the eyes from a corpse intact, and I believe I can help there." The wizard placed a hand on Arkeith's severed head gently yet possessively, as if requesting Kourla's or Targarys' authorisation to remove the assassin's eyes.

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Apr 23, 2008
Behind the Throne
Selthir smiled mockingly.

"Indeed, I have learnt much myself noble sir." he said with a mock seriousness.

Selthir had indeed learnt much however.

"I am sure that I could be capable of slaughtering this supposed Lord." he thought to himself.

The knight was quite pleased that he had managed to hold back his desire to win, Selthir hadn't wanted the other retainer to know his true ability with a blade...not yet. He didn't trust any of these other elves at all.

"See you later friend!" he shouted after the other elf with a chuckle.

Selthir strode across the deck and frowned at the group of corsairs and two of the retainers.

"What in the name of the crone are they at?" he wondered.

The knight strode over to them and waved lazily.

"Anything interesting going on here?" he asked curiously.

Duke Danse Macabre

The Duke
True Blood
Sep 16, 2010
*stopping his walk away he half turned looking to the knight, drinking in with his eyes the measure of the man but betraying nothing but a passing glance*

"The interesting part was earlier, now is just the clean up and the example making."

*gesturing the knight to follow so as to allow Sar'geth to get the head out of sight and away*

"Come walk with me"

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Apr 23, 2008
Behind the Throne
Selthir tilted his head slightly and glanced between the two and the assassin's remains with a slightly confused expression.

"Come walk with me" Tullaris said.

With a shrug the knight followed the other elf.

Malochai

Staff member
True Blood
Aug 4, 2010
England
Kourla looked with disgust at the body of Arkeith upon the deck of his ship. He looked at Sar'geth with a look that surpassed ot and then turned on his heel, calling back, "Deface the body of the traitor as you will, but no part of it shall remain on my ship. Once you are done, toss it overboard. The sea-witches will be about, no doubt, and an offering is always a good idea!"

Zephyr

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Mar 3, 2008
Rotterdam
Tenril sheathed his dagger and looked at the commotion around Arkeith's body, overhearing some snippets of conversation. Gauging out eyes now now, he thought, great. Welcome aboard the psycho-ship.
It was just so...petty. He felt like all the other Druchii were either just trying to show how depraved they were in an effort to keep others at bay or, much more likely, they feared Viseryn so much they had to indulge into such childish cruelty to keep their thoughts from going to places they feared to tread.
Life was hard and death around every corner but even Druchii feared their own mortality.

He was glad when Kourla intervened when the other retainers came up with a plan to 'decorate' the ship. He hoped that when the journey advanced further his standing with Kourla would improve, no matter what he respected the captain and had told the freshly recruited corsairs to do the same. Hakseer be damned, a captain was still the lord of his ship and a corsair's loyalty was not easily bought.
Especially not if little noble boy is a damn psycho, Tenril mused. It was hard for him to get a grip on Viseryn and he decided to simply do his job and stay well clear of him wherever possible. His feelings towards him ranged from surprised respect one second to outright loathing the next. There was no telling what the noble would do and Tenril wondered whether he was very cunning or downright crazy. Time would tell.

Tenril made off below deck leaving the other retainers to their 'happy time'. He had no taste for watching Arkeith's body being desecrated. Especially not knowing that he could be next. He had scars on his back to remind him of that.
It was time for him to prepare his gear for the coming raid. It would be a hard fight against those frost monkeys.

Duke Danse Macabre

The Duke
True Blood
Sep 16, 2010
*Walking slowly across the deck, blade hefted over his shoulder confident that the knight was in tow.
Speaking over his shoulder as he walked to the bow of the ship before turning to face the knight behind his helm.*

"It seems that we are somewhat oddities here.
Raiding parties is not the normal grounds for the battlefield elite, now I know I am here as a favour to replay a debt."

*Letting his words hang, the information offered meaning nothing to him and was already known by their "Lord" when he had become his retainer but he had not let this be known to others as of yet*

"However a Knight on a ship without his mount raises a few more eyebrows than a Executioner, so tell me, what brings you here?"

*Drinking in his appearance with a single glance, taking his measure*

"Afterall, I rather fight besides a true warrior over sneaks and looters any day."

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Apr 23, 2008
Behind the Throne
The knight give an amused smile as the other elf spoke.

"I would think that an executioner would raise far more eyebrows than a mere warrior such as myself." he said his tone slightly teasing.

Selthir leant on the railings of the ship as he looked out into the sea, for a time he was silent and his smile faded to be replaced by the faintest frown.

The highborne's slender fingers tapped the end of railings as he spoke.
"I was...forced to rid myself of the spiteful animal that once served me in battle." he said calmly although his voice was tinged with some bitterness.

He glanced at the elf next to him, for some reason it didn't seem a great danger to devulge information to his warrior as it would be to speak to the usual druchii.

Selthir shrugged slightly before continuing.
"Viseryn thinks he found me by luck but there was nothing coincidental about our meeting."

He laughed softly but it was a cold sound and his next words could barely be heard over the wind.
"I, who once served as one of the Drachau's household knights, descended from the oldest of familes, reduced to this".

He shook his head and sighed.

"Don't worry my devout comrade, my ability with the blade is not poor and my experience in battle is extensive enough for a mere Hakseer of one young noble."

He chuckled, some warmth returning to his voice. "As to why I'm here? Well I hope that Viseryn's advances will advance myself, isn't that why most retainers serve? I plan to be his retainer for at laest the length of this voyage...I did swear an oath afterall." He said flippantly "And who knows? Perhaps afterwards he will still need a few swords."

Selthir had spoken truthfully although he had not told most of the truth and yet this explanation was more complete than any he had give so far. Indeed Viseryn himself knew nothing beyond that Selthir was a former knight and a skilled swordsman who needed a job.

Selthir contempalted that he would need to explain his true motives at some stage to his master...but only if the boy proved worthy enough for a long-term investment.

The knight raised and eyebrow and give a friendly smile.
"How does one such as you become indebted to a noble child like Viseryn?"

Duke Danse Macabre

The Duke
True Blood
Sep 16, 2010
*Leaning in turn against the railing he took off his helm with his free hand smiling, not a grim smile but one of genuine warmth and mirth*

"Some would indeed but..."

*Pausing to gesture to himself.*

"I'm not exactly a regular executioner.
Besides the young lord had need of real fighters who who act as a true body guard, assasins and bowmen make poor guards once it comes down to it."

*Looking to the elf, his face turning to its normal grim stonely outlook caressing the pomel of his blade almost with affection*

"I'm sorry to hear that, I know you can get attached after so long regardless of it being an animal or even a blade."

*Listening careful as he spoke of his current situation*

"Alas it is not ideal for any of us, my family were once lords in their own right disinherited for being loyal.
Now the only way for me is up and truth be told, everything I gain in my life has been gained by me, not my families name, not old deads of the long dead and I would not have it any other way.

We all wish to advance ourselves and must do what it takes to do so but let us be honest, we are not here for the young lord.
A future with himself is likely to be paying beck and call to his insanities and trying to stay alive long enough to stop him making everyone he meets into an enemy."

*laughing lighy heartedly*

"I owe him nothing, I owe my friends everything though.
Many years ago when I was young back in Ulthuan a Dark Elf Raiding party came aground.
Unfortunatly they landed straight on top of a milita muster, their ships sank by the Phoenix Kings fleets, troops cut down and scattered across the land.

At the time I was what you may call a rebelious youth.
My family were once nobles however during the civil war they sided with the true high king.
After the war was lost and a new pretender sat upon the throne they were striped of their titles and much of their wealth.
My parents lived in shame their whole lives licking the boots of others in a vain atempt to earn forgiveness when they where the loyal ones.
I had a somewhat different opinion of where our loyalty lay to the rest of my family so they sent me away to one our older estates that were for all purpoises abandoned to time."

*Smiling at the memory*

"I used to spend allot of my time whilst there practacing my blade work and exploring the countryside.

One day though after that failed raid I ran into the remains of one of the groups that fled from the battle, most injured, fleeing through unfamiliar ground.
The leader of the party at the time was a Death Hag and with this i saw my chance, I walked into the clearing blade drawn and told them unless they listened to myself they would die, the shadow warriors and white lions were combing the country side for them at this point.

That night I spoke with them and made them a offer, I would lead them through the country side to where the remains of their fleet was if I would be taken with them so that I may Serve my true king."

*Smiling*

"This is the cut down version but you can assume the rest I am sure seeing as I am here, The Death Hag herself has become a old friend of mine and at times we exchange favours amongst other things, she had made a deal with another and asked myself to perform a duty as payment.
Straight forwards once it comes to the mordern day in truth."

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Apr 23, 2008
Behind the Throne
Selthir's could barely contain his shock.

"Back on Ulthuan? You are not a true Druchii?" he asked his voice rising slightly before he caught himself. "I mean...not born one."

He shook his head "That is some story." he said, his tone calm and soft again "Thank Khaine you were able to find your way."

The knight smiled looking truly amused for a moment "Well it seems we have fool parents in common. If not for my father's idiocy I would be looking down my nose at the likes of House Targarys." Selthir admitted.

Selthir frowned thoughtfully.
"I know little about Viseryn beyond rumours from the city and...some information about his family. I am hoping the stories of his unpredictability turns out to be exaggerated but from what the corsairs have told me, and your own words, I fear that it might not be so."

The knight ran a hand through his hair as he considering his next words before speaking slowly.
"I will be...honest...my hopes rest with Viseryn's rise after this Hakseer...I'm hoping that he gets enough status from his journey and gains enough wisdom from his experiences to become a True Lord amongst our people."

Selthir tilted his head slightly and looked at the Executioner.
"It may end up that he will need support from his loyal followers but..." the elf turned to look down the ship "I don't know the quality of those in his service. I fought that Karochi one and aside from him being a quick blade and highborne I learnt little."

Selthir smirked slightly as he looked down the length of the deck to the gathered corsairs and the elf in the robe who stood over the corpse of the former retainer.
"What happened to that poor fellow? Arkeith I think he was called."

Duke Danse Macabre

The Duke
True Blood
Sep 16, 2010
*Cracking a smile at the knights shock, his white hair flowing free in the wind about him, cloak billowing*

"I would of thought my appearance was a give away, that is if you know how to look.
No I am born of Nagarythe, our true home land like our king and I did not have the easy way out of being born in Nagaroth, no I had to struggle to come here every step of the way to get what everyone else does upon birth.
Make no mistake, though I was born Ulthuan I am born of Nagarythe and a Dark Elf through and through.

Our lord is aware of this so don't trouble yourself to much about it, its one of the reasons he trusts me.
I came here through loyalty to these shores to serve the true King, most struggle with even basic loyalty these days."

*Laughing in genuine humour before turning to pay heed to the knight*

"Often the way it is that we must suffer for the mistakes of others..."

*Sighing*

"That is some hope but for what, you have seen what he is like.
Unless he begins to fall into line and the madness leaves him with age then wen would be lucky to live out the year.

We are both young and life if a long game to us, there is no need to put everything on one throw of the dice so early."

*Looking down the ship with him*

"A few are decent enough but give to much away, a motley crew of sorts.
The few who have not gotten themselves in hot water, killed, flayed or bedded tend to keep to themselves and with a few exceptions still making mistakes...
Why did you think I had to cut the head from the body if not to cover another's blunder?

He betrayed the lord through plot imagined or real, none of us really know, its what was claimed by the lord and lets face it, so long as we are outnumbered none of use would dare to call him on it.
So far though we have killed about a sixth of our fighting force and executed two retainers and we are yet to see combat against the foe...

Personally I think the best friendships are not of our fickle lord but of each other.
Then again I may just be overly sentimental, High elf loyalty and all that."

*Giving him a humorous link at the last to show it was in jest*

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Apr 23, 2008
Behind the Throne
Selthir give a true laugh for the first time since he'd boarded the vessel, it had a pleasant musical quality that suited the handsome elf.

"Save us from the sentimentality of Asuri!" he laughed.

Selthir leant back against the railing, although this time with his back to the sea so he could look down the ship, he glanced sideways at the High Elf with a grin.

"So what do you think of our fellow retainers? I've seen them all but you're only the second I've spoken to." he told the other elf. "Well that's not completely true, the large brute that follows after Viseryn like a lost puppy did grunt at me a few times after my sparring sessions with the little Lord...I swear that bodyguard could almost pass as a Norscan." he said his voice tinged with disgust "Still he appears a skilled warrior and in the situations we're heading for that could make up for his lack of...let's call it grace."

"Anyway your bound to have observed them with all the time you all have spent stuck on this vessel."

Duke Danse Macabre

The Duke
True Blood
Sep 16, 2010
*Still chuckling*

"Best not forget the modesty as well."

*Composing himself once more he planted his blade between his feet resting on it slightly.*

"Personally I hope we don't run into anyone prepared for a fight with this lot.
Half of them didn't even have the right gear or even basic armour before we made last pot and from what i can tell of their fighting... one at a time they are all reasonable to a degree, working together though even under attack as I have seen them, they are hopeless.
Put them in front of a couple ranks of infantry and they will shatter.

Worse than that they don't fight back to back or with each other, the moment they are outnumbered we will have problems.
Granted we have range, some up close fighters and I have my suspicions about another but as things stand I rather try and drill the corsairs into a fighting force over them."

*A light hearted smile spreading across his lips*

"Honestly I can't decide if half them are true retainers or just hired by our Lords father so that his son will die."

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Apr 23, 2008
Behind the Throne
Selthir give a faint half-smile.

"Your words give me a great hope for this venture." he said sarcastically.

The knight shook his head. "So aside from us his retainers are that little lordling I sparred with, a corsair, a hound, the fellow over there who is taking a corpse's head and a...female."

Selthir shook his head.
"I should have stayed in the Pleasure House."

The Dread King

Staff member
True Blood
Jan 28, 2012
"Fear not, Kourla," Sar'geth said, licking his lips in relish of both the harvest he was about to reap from Arkeith's corpse and the lack of resistance against his salvaging, "I won't leave any of the traitor's body in your responsibility."

Almost drooling in anticipation of what he could do with the brass eyes of Khaine, the wizard reached forth towards the former assassin's head and gently plucked out the retainer's eyes, one at a time. He then rifled into his robes, opening them up to reveal one of many metal flasks sewn into the robe. Unscrewing and subsequently removing the lid of said container with one hand, Analzin gingerly plopped the eyes into it with the other, before sealing the container once more. That will be going to one of my cabinets when I next go into my chambers, the wizard resolved.

"Dinner is served, sea witches!" Sar'geth shouted energetically, grinning in glee at his victory and then kicking Arkeith's body repeatedly until it tipped over the side of the ship. It slid off head first (or rather, from where the head had been before its unceremonious removal) but fell at an angle. Consequently, a wet thud could be heard as Varens' corpse collided with the ship whilst descending into the choppy waves below it.

The mage grasped the head of the temple-trained druchii between his fingers and rose to his full height, observing the eyeless corpse at arm's length. "You should have left when you fell out of Viseryn's favour," Sar'geth quietly reprimanded the grim visage opposite his own face; "If only you'd used your head, you would still have it on your shoulders." Sar'geth laughed with little mirth at his own pun.

"Don't think I'd forget your dessert!" the vauvalka laughed down at the water again, before tossing the head into it and turning away from the edge of the ship. He'd observed that Selthir had taken an interest in the affair of Arkeith's prone figure - That was unsurprising in more ways than one, considering he was probably the assassin's replacement - but Tullaris had thankfully led him away.

Sar'geth did not consider that safety measure necessary any more, though; he was done with the disposal of Arkeith Varens, and he was interested to observe his replacement. Of course he had already done so over the past few days on board the ship, but he'd never spoken much to Selthir. Calmly and casually, Sar'geth walked up to Selthir and Tullaris, just hearing Selthir's last words, and remarked, "Sorry about ignoring you earlier, sir. Just disposing of an unwelcome spy." Sar'geth's mouth twitched, hinting of his suspicions towards Selthir being Malekith's pawn and Arkeith's replacement as the Witch King's agent on board the Bloodwrack. "He spent too much time focusing on his espionage mission, instead of his own survival. It brings most spies down in the end."

"It doesn't look like we'll be turning back now, but I wouldn't have picked Norsca for my first destination on a hakseer. Not everyone on board has recent experience of a real battle, with our young lord's...unique...behaviour, crew morale is low, and as of yet we have no plunder and almost ten dead. We should have starter somewhere softer, like in a Bretonnian village. True, our lord seems to find unoriginality irksome, but the majority of the fighting force on board this boat needs to be in high spirits before we raid anywhere like Norsca. There isn't much to take in such locations but slaves, and Norscan will is infamously hard to break, even for a man like Targarys. But what made you leave the Pleasure House with Viseryn in the first place?" Most likely an order from Malekith, but I want to know what this knight has to say for himself regardless. "I assume you know of our lord's reputation?"

Get of W'soran

CN's Lord of Masks
True Blood
Apr 23, 2008
Behind the Throne
"Espionage, truely a deadly profession, I often praise Khaine that my talents lie elsewhere." Selthir said as his exotic violet eyes glinted with amusement and the beautiful elf give another musical laugh before continuing "Indeed on a journey such as this hiding things from your comrades can be truely fatal" he added the last in a teasing tone.

Crossing his arms the knight tilted his head as he stared at Sar'geth, this male was completely different to Tullaris, where the former-Asuri seemed trustworthy this other elf somehow reminded Selthir of a traitorous viper, even the way he spoke felt as though he were laying a trap...just waiting for an opportunity to strike.

Selthir had long ago learnt to trust his instincts.

"As to why I joined our young Lord let us just say that I know certain facts about certain individuals that made joining this voyage seem advantageous."

He grinned suddenly "We Highborne Lords are often led by our duties so perhaps that is why I am here?"

He chuckled softly "I was well informed before I began this mission on our new master yes, it shall be a...interesting show whilst we go about our tasks."

Duke Danse Macabre

The Duke
True Blood
Sep 16, 2010
*Returning Selthir's smile as Sar'geth came over*

"Harsh truths cut deeper than the any lie could, at least now you will know what to expect."
*Turning to face Sar'geth as he headed over to themselves*

"little bit over kill there don't you think?"
*Nodding back to the blood stained deck*

"Actions may speak for themselves but actions and theatrics are not the same thing, it tends to draw untoward attention."

*Leaning back to let Selthir have his run so he could decide on Sar'geth for himself without him imposing his own views*

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu