• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Aug 20, 2012
Germany
Ouuuhouhouuu, boom baby! Was less toxic as I expected, but still an eyecatcher with their contrasts! I have a Gnoblar catapult lying around somewhere, those Sisters are kinda pressing the urge to ...undead it.(Thanks for that qoute/word/whatever xD love it). But I wanted to be finished with my army till end of summer:rolleyes:. Anyway, those machines add a fantastic heavy touch to your horde. You're allowed to do more. xD

Reactions: Adam_Barrow

Adam_Barrow

Sleepless Knight
True Blood
Dec 25, 2010
Nashville, TN
@Theerteen Thanks, man! I'm glad to have them marked off the list. Not the usual undead unit, so playing with painting different kinds of materials was cool. I like how they turned out.

Also, you're the first comment on the 13th page of my plog forever now.

Reactions: Theerteen

benvoliothefirst

Grave Guard
Nov 22, 2011
Your painting speed is an inspiration! I think the bases rival the paintjobs and unique touches as the best parts of the battery. Looking forward to seeing how the vampires turn out.

Adam_Barrow

Sleepless Knight
True Blood
Dec 25, 2010
Nashville, TN
@benvoliothefirst The trick is to have a ton of models to paint for a tournament that's right around the corner, apparently. That's how my last 3 productive spells have gone, anyway. :pumpkin: I'm glad you like the bases. I think I spent three long nights on them all told, good to know it was worth it. Thanks for the kind words!
Up next will be my 4th Vargheist conversion, the Vampire ladies on monster steeds. Lets me field 2 Regiments of WWolves in KoW (with a couple unit fillers). The Good Doctor's Nurses are finally getting their last member.

Adam_Barrow

Sleepless Knight
True Blood
Dec 25, 2010
Nashville, TN
The last Nurse has a pony to ride.
20170508_225353.jpg

"You got your rickety bones, I got my rickety hands." The Mad Gear and Missile Kid (Mastas of Ravenkroft)

Nagash Worshiper

Black Knight
Dec 24, 2014
Yes! I've so much been looking forward to more updates on this thread! Wonderful work! Love the trebs! A cool take on undeads siege that I may steal, my own have caused me some transportation-headaches lately. Looking forward to more!

Adam_Barrow

Sleepless Knight
True Blood
Dec 25, 2010
Nashville, TN
@Farmer7574 And like magic, you get your wish. Good to hear from you! Can't wait to see your Hexxies.

@Nagash Worshiper Too kind. I'll admit to letting the bases carry most of the weight of making them undead. Keep an eye out, I've got two more vampires coming after:

My last Vargheist/Werewolf/Vampire on Hellsteed or something? I dunno, but the last Nurse is finished!

20170511_215417.jpg

20170511_215503.jpg

20170511_215658.jpg

That little unit of 4 has taken a lonnngg time. But I think they're rad. Up next, the Vampire BSB!

"Her brother laid her down in the cold Kentucky ground." Gillian Welch (The Way It Goes)

Adam_Barrow

Sleepless Knight
True Blood
Dec 25, 2010
Nashville, TN
Coming along nicely. I'm letting the parts of my brain that are still high school Adam make all the decisions here, and it is so fun for it.

Being a Blood Dragon conscript into a Necrarch army, the Good Doctor keeps a close eye on him through his ghost ratty familiar.

Screenshot_20170514-220033.png

I hope to see him finished tomorrow.

"They wade through pestilence. We call them.." Trash Talk (Lepers To Feed The Lepers)

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Aug 20, 2012
Germany
I'm letting the parts of my brain that are still high school Adam make all the decisions here

You Sir are a truly inspiring and wise man. For us students of the best way to achieve that state, is it recommended to take alcoholic beverages for a faster and more intensiv experience?

Oh and for the nurses, they came out great. The gory contrast qualifies them for the TtWtD challenge in my eyes, so lovely does it look. :konrad:

Adam_Barrow

Sleepless Knight
True Blood
Dec 25, 2010
Nashville, TN
@Theerteen From the cave-hollowed hills of southern Kentucky, I can tell you bourbon will do the trick. And speaking of the paint contest for this month, I think I'll be entering The Spoiled Knight. In fact, the Blood Red contest theme guided my hand pretty heavily.

So this is pretty much done. Still need to hit the bones on the banner, but close enough.

This one was a blast. I listened to doom metal and watched bad horror movies and overall got into an old school GW mind with this model. The Spoiled Knight even gets a flayed skin cloak (zombie skin green on the inside).

Screenshot_20170515-195004.png

Screenshot_20170515-195051.png

20170515_201631.jpg
20170515_194647.jpg

Last up for this tournament will be the Isabella/Winged Pharoah/Flying Horror Vampire. Now all on one base!

"All will fall." Vonnegut (Murder Coven)

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
Great work on that last horsegheist! All of them look very cool, that black&white scheme is working wonders :)

That blood dragon is also brilliant - to have some sort of heradlic pattern out of two sides of flayed skin - that's some good shit, I wouldn't have thought of it :) And to have the bearer himself be draped with that, even better. Painting some veins on that red would make it even more visceral ;) I also like how ghastly white he is amongst all that red and green.

All in all, splendid work :)

Adam_Barrow

Sleepless Knight
True Blood
Dec 25, 2010
Nashville, TN
@Borgnine Thanks, man! It's good to see the Nurses finally finished. I let the Tamiya Clear Red get gummy before I applied it, so there's some 3D texture on the banner and cloak that kinda gets lost in pictures, but I'd like to revisit this one when I've got more time. It was such a fun model, I'm almost bummed that he's finished.

Adam_Barrow

Sleepless Knight
True Blood
Dec 25, 2010
Nashville, TN
Izzy is almost finished now. Should be able to knock out the rest tonight.

20170516_215700.jpg

"The first at twilight, the second at night." The Sword (Tres Brujas)

Adam_Barrow

Sleepless Knight
True Blood
Dec 25, 2010
Nashville, TN
Izzy is in the tin. I think she looks pretty scary.

Screenshot_20170517-220247.png

Screenshot_20170517-220345.png

Screenshot_20170517-220332.png

And I'll be damned if I didn't actually finish this thing. Here's my first Kings of War tournament army.

20170517_214143.jpg

That was a marathon 2 months. All counted, I painted 55 models. And here's my favorite part.

20170517_213236.jpg

Off to TNT in Nashville Friday night. I've played a grand total of 6 Kings of War battles ever. Let's see how we do.

"1967 Colt .45, holding back the vampires. Keeping me alive." Aesop Rock ft. John Danielle (Take No Prisoners)

Reactions: Zacharias

Theerteen

Cheerful Cranium
True Blood
Aug 20, 2012
Germany
Ouuuh batsy Izzy, sweet. The gory wing looks stunning, absolutely to the point with the splashes. And I'd really be happy if I'd have your eye for contrasts, I always try to too much variety in one model and loose the contrast mostly. As always, great job!

Adam_Barrow

Sleepless Knight
True Blood
Dec 25, 2010
Nashville, TN
@Theerteen Thanks, man! I've seen the shadows get darker in my vampire models as I do more of them. We keep it spooky around here. It helps that I've kept a pretty limited pallet for the whole army.

Adam_Barrow

Sleepless Knight
True Blood
Dec 25, 2010
Nashville, TN
@Farmer7574 Thanks, man! It was a grind to finish in time, but still a lot of fun too.

@Sharkbelly I've used similar tactics when I'm painting for a tournament. It does the trick for me!

Wow, I had an awesome time this weekend! My first Kings of War tournament, and man was it cool. Coming in I had only played 6 battles total, so I doubled my playtime over the weekend. Finished dead last out of 40, and I'm not even salty.

Those other 39 players were really cool folks. In addition to winning the S.uper H.ero I.n T.raining award for last place (i was dying laughing when I noticed the acronym), I got the award for most Kill Points in Round 6 when my Undead finally walked all over another army.

I'm even happier with only being 4 points behind the top painted army. And most important for me, I was 2nd place in Sportsmanship. Nashville, you run a cool scene. Definitely doing TNT 2018, and maybe next year I can win a battle or 2.

FB_IMG_1495427715296.jpg

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu