• Roll-up! Roll-up! Come one and all the fantastic Turning the World to Darkness painting competition. Welcome to any skill level, you can find out more here.
  • It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more here.

Alliance of Death Factions; How many are there?!

Malisteen

Master Necromancer
True Blood
You're welcome, but I want to stress again that any competitive advice I offer should be taken with an extra helping of salt, as my gameplay experience is neither frequent nor cutthroat enough to consider myself an expert in that regard.

Irisado

Ancient Vampire Lord
Staff member
True Blood
That matters not to me, since I'm not in the least bit interested in that level of competitive gaming, so your advice is excellent for me. I think that you've just sorted my purchasing priorities for the year :).

One interesting point to make, is that in the new edition its been confirmed that the Legions of Nagash alliances can now take allies from both Flesheater Courts and Nighthuant, while before it was just Flesh Eater Courts. This is good since it means much of the new Nighthaunt stuff can be (and has been confirmed to be) usable as allies or even as part of the Legions of Nagash armies, but more importantly, it means the Mourngul can be used with Legions of Nagash, where before it was unable too. That model can have some potentially fun combos with the new Nighthaunt buffing units.

As for Blood Knight point drops, its been confirmed that they are going down by 20 points (enough to fit in the cogs endless spell amusingly, which gives +2 to all move and charge rolls, meaning that the warscroll that lets them deepstrike on a battlefield edge 9 inches away from the enemy turns that charge roll from a 9 inch one to a 7 inch one, much more manageable when you consider other buffs).

An also interesting note for a ghost themed army, is that a new artifact called the Ethereal Amulet makes a heroes save unmodifiable like Nighthaunt units, could be interesting on a spectral vampire, or in my armies case, Vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon conversion.

Malisteen

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Enough time has passed that an updated overview of the Death subfactions would definitely be worthwhile, but I'm inclined to wait until the Bonereapers are out given that they're only about a month away.

Malisteen

Master Necromancer
True Blood
They are out and they're pretty glorious. I'm still absorbing everything and assembling my initial purchases, but if anyone wants a first impressions competitive summary from players who know what they're talking about, check out the recent faction review from the 'just sayin' podcast.