• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Unas the slayer

Staff member
Jan 1, 2017
Northern Italy
First of all, happy new year!

I'm Unas, a Moderator on Tomb Kings of Khemri forum, and I'd like to consider myself here, as a sort of Ambassador on diplomatic mission.

We all know that, after the ending of WHFB and the advent of Age of Sigmar, the game community suffered and shattered into different game systems (AoS, Oldhammer, 9th age, KoW...).
As a direct consequence, many forums saw their traffic slow down and there were also tries to unite some of them, after the merging of races done by AoS (see elves).

More on point, in WHFB fluff, there was a strong rivalry between Tomb Kings and Vampire Counts' armies (Settra and Nagash, Khalida and Neferata...); but things evolve, and with AoS we're all Death faction, and mixed armies are a thing, as can be witnessed by notable members that are active on both forums (Malisteen, for example)
Speaking for myself, I'm starting to build also a small but growing Vampire force (Vampire lord, Vamp. lord on nightmare, spirit hosts, banshee...).

Now, the diplomatic part.

As newcomer of the forum, I'd like to discuss some death tactic for aos.

As Mod of Khemri forum, I'd like to invite you in our desertic land, when we'll do some initiative that involves undead armies (painting competitions and similar). And obviously also the inverse would be nice! (is the Golden Bat still a thing? writing competitions?).
If the staff/mods/admins of Carpe Noctem give me green light (should I pm Disciple of Nagash?), I'll gladly inform you of any initative soon-to-come.

may the blood of our enemy flow!

Last edited:
Reactions: Menkeroth

Farmer7574

Vampire Count
True Blood
Dec 10, 2013
England
@Unas the slayer I'm not a gamer but the traffic seems to have slowed down a bit over on Da Warpath over the past year. I have seen more O&G activity over on The Stronghold though.

Over the past few months/year one of our members recommended we get the competition rolling again, gladly to success! I'm a casual participant in the competition, entering when I have something planned that meets the requirements, and it would be great to see more participants in our competitons :)

Welcome to the forums!

Harland

The Colonel
True Blood
Feb 23, 2010
Right Behind you...
@Unas the slayer Welcome!

I've got to admit it's fortuitous that I stumbled on your post having dropped by this site after a long hiatus, since it's what has spurred me to post again.

I can't really comment on the activity here since I only started lurking about a week ago after a 3 year hiatus. As such I am also hesitant to grant any advertising permissions (I'm quite surprised my modship is still intact). However, if the community here is anything like what I remember, any sought of effort to increase engagement would be encouraged. I, personally, very much like this idea.

I do actually have some questions myself - does your forum have a creative writing/roleplaying section? Does it have a blip of activity or are there more tumbleweeds than users? I have a couple of ideas buzzing around in that department, although I'm afraid anything not fluff-related I can't really help you with.

Edit: Don't bother messaging DoN, he hasn't been online in over a year now. I actually found your post by searching his name...

Last edited:

Unas the slayer

Staff member
Jan 1, 2017
Northern Italy
@Unas the slayer I'm not a gamer but the traffic seems to have slowed down a bit over on Da Warpath over the past year. I have seen more O&G activity over on The Stronghold though.

Over the past few months/year one of our members recommended we get the competition rolling again, gladly to success! I'm a casual participant in the competition, entering when I have something planned that meets the requirements, and it would be great to see more participants in our competitons :)

Welcome to the forums!

Thanks!
Sadly yes, the slowing down of traffic is more the norm for game forums. There are notable exceptions (Lustria online is constantly growing, with many newbies that are starting Seraphons).
Regarding the competition, I suppose you are referring to Mad'At and the "Turning the world to darkness" challenge, am I right? I already had a talk with him via pm. ;)

@Unas the slayer Welcome!

I've got to admit it's fortuitous that I stumbled on your post having dropped by this site after a long hiatus, since it's what has spurred me to post again.

I can't really comment on the activity here since I only started lurking about a week ago after a 3 year hiatus. As such I am also hesitant to grant any advertising permissions (I'm quite surprised my modship is still intact). However, if the community here is anything like what I remember, any sought of effort to increase engagement would be encouraged. I, personally, very much like this idea.

I do actually have some questions myself - does your forum have a creative writing/roleplaying section? Does it have a blip of activity or are there more tumbleweeds than users? I have a couple of ideas buzzing around in that department, although I'm afraid anything not fluff-related I can't really help you with.

Edit: Don't bother messaging DoN, he hasn't been online in over a year now. I actually found your post by searching his name...

Regarding permissions, I talked with Mad'At and MasterSpark, and they think the initiative is fine. Actually, I've already opened a thread in the "Wispers from outside the crypt" subforum, with the announcement of an artistic comp on Khemri forum.
Regarding the "activity level" of Khemri forum, as answered to Farmer7574 we are not an exception. I'd say we have just a dozen members that are active in a somewhat costant way.
Regarding the writing section part: I tried to propose also a sort of writing competition (short stories or stuff related to TK's fluff), but the answer from the forum was that it was preferred a painting competition, so I'm currently organizing those. That said, on Khemri forum I'm still posting new short stories (there is a whole sub-forum for TK stories, after all), trying to motivate other users to do the same (one did!).
I like to write, so i intend also to do something settled in VC's background. If you've got some project in mind, we could discuss about it.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Farmer7574

Vampire Count
True Blood
Dec 10, 2013
England
@Unas the slayer Exactly right mate, the 'Turning the World to Darkness' competition is cool. Mad 'At has laid out a great schedule that allows for a competition every two months and it usually attracts a decent amount of entries. Not sure if it could be expanded to include TK units but I, for one, would love to see the increase in participants :)

Unas the slayer

Staff member
Jan 1, 2017
Northern Italy
@Unas the slayer Exactly right mate, the 'Turning the World to Darkness' competition is cool. Mad 'At has laid out a great schedule that allows for a competition every two months and it usually attracts a decent amount of entries. Not sure if it could be expanded to include TK units but I, for one, would love to see the increase in participants :)

I don't think the kind of models would be an issue and certainly I'm not asking to change existing rules. Many Tomb Kings' players collect also some VC, so that's just a matter of what you are painting and what competition is on.

I' think I'll post some of my works in the Unholy Masterpieces galleries...

Reactions: Farmer7574

Harland

The Colonel
True Blood
Feb 23, 2010
Right Behind you...
Thanks!
Regarding the writing section part: I tried to propose also a sort of writing competition (short stories or stuff related to TK's fluff), but the answer from the forum was that it was preferred a painting competition, so I'm currently organizing those. That said, on Khemri forum I'm still posting new short stories (there is a whole sub-forum for TK stories, after all), trying to motivate other users to do the same (one did!).
I like to write, so i intend also to do something settled in VC's background. If you've got some project in mind, we could discuss about it.

Writing competitions require a worthwile amount of people who actually want to write, which is why I was asking. My other idea is a lot lower-commitment for everyone involved - in the past we've had a lot of non-regulars join in. It's called Vampires Among Us, and it's basically a forum version of the party game Mafia (or Werewolves, or whatever version you've heard of). It's great because it doesn't require long character bios or posts. It also often functions as a gateway rp for a lot of people.

Unas the slayer

Staff member
Jan 1, 2017
Northern Italy
@Unas the slayer Awesome mate, it would be great to see your work. Just when you think you have plenty of undead, there will always be more to look forward to :)

You can find something new in "show us your spirit hosts" xD

Writing competitions require a worthwile amount of people who actually want to write, which is why I was asking. My other idea is a lot lower-commitment for everyone involved - in the past we've had a lot of non-regulars join in. It's called Vampires Among Us, and it's basically a forum version of the party game Mafia (or Werewolves, or whatever version you've heard of). It's great because it doesn't require long character bios or posts. It also often functions as a gateway rp for a lot of people.

Yeah, the problem is the number of people. If there were 5-6 users willing to patecipate, probably more would follow. At least, that's what happened in places like Lustria or UE.
Without comps, my best bet is probably to post some random story in "Tales from the Crypt" and then see what happens.
The rp part is (or coud be) interesting, but frankly (speaking for myself), after 30 years of role playing i'm not so eager for more RPGs. ;)

Reactions: Menkeroth

Harland

The Colonel
True Blood
Feb 23, 2010
Right Behind you...
Without comps, my best bet is probably to post some random story in "Tales from the Crypt" and then see what happens.
The rp part is (or coud be) interesting, but frankly (speaking for myself), after 30 years of role playing i'm not so eager for more RPGs. ;)

Ah well, fair enough. It was just an idea. It doesn't run like a normal rp though, it's very quick-fire :O

Menkeroth

A Knight of Blood
Nov 11, 2013
Sehnde, Niedersachsen
The forum is indeed quite silent a bit these days, but I'm sure, when a new battletome of ours comes, it will give another energy charge for a time. Anyway, it's great when new people come to us, so it's a good sign of change. Welcome once again ^_^

Unas the slayer

Staff member
Jan 1, 2017
Northern Italy
Anyway, it's great when new people come to us, so it's a good sign of change. Welcome once again ^_^
Welcome to Carpe Noctem. I hope we can have some healthy inter-forum relationships.

thanks!
Up 'til now, it went pretty good, there are already some interesting discussions going on. The place is nice. :)

And I've also posted in "whispers..." the announcement for the artistic comp on Khemri.

Seneschal

Liche
True Blood
May 15, 2008
Hello and welcome to the forum!

I've been a member of the TK forum for a long time although I haven't posted in probably a year or so. I noticed a thread there encouraging new fiction to be posted. I have a story going on in Libris Mortis about a Lahmian in the AoS and was wondering if that would qualify? Her army is comprised of forces from both the VC and TK so I believe it would fit.
I'll see what I can do about getting in on the painting competitions as well.

Once again, welcome to Carpe Noctem!

Reactions: Unas the slayer

Unas the slayer

Staff member
Jan 1, 2017
Northern Italy
Hello and welcome to the forum!

I've been a member of the TK forum for a long time although I haven't posted in probably a year or so. I noticed a thread there encouraging new fiction to be posted. I have a story going on in Libris Mortis about a Lahmian in the AoS and was wondering if that would qualify? Her army is comprised of forces from both the VC and TK so I believe it would fit.
I'll see what I can do about getting in on the painting competitions as well.

I remember I saw some of your posts!
Yeah, the thread about new fictions was mine. And in the Necrotect corner there are, indeed, new short stories.
A Lahmian story would be welcome! That's exactly the kind of things i'd like to see. :)
Currently I'm going to finish another TK story, then I'll write something VC centered, and I'll post it in "tales from the crypt". If I have doubts about fluff (I've only got the 8th armybook), I'll ask for suggestions.
If you also manage to paint something, that would be great!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu