Anyone heard from our Japanise members?

  • The masquerade of murder returns! A new game of Vampires Amongst Us has begun. Unmask the killers, trust no one, and try to survive the night. Find out more and sign up now!

Anubis

Wight King
Dec 28, 2008
417
Lurking in the Darkness
Zombies
543
Wondering if any others here at CN have heard about our friends in Japan.

I hope you guys are safe and sound, as well as your families & friends.
The images coming from the northeastern parts of the country are truely devastating to watch.:'(
Wishing you guys all the best in getting through this disaster.
 
Anubis said:
Wondering if any others here at CN have heard about our friends in Japan.

I hope you guys are safe and sound, as well as your families & friends.
The images coming from the northeastern parts of the country are truely devastating to watch.:'(
Wishing you guys all the best in getting through this disaster.

I second this, I hope you guys are all OK. It truly is dreadful to see, and unimaginable to be there.

I wish everyone in the affected areas all the best through this tragic time :(
 
It's becoming worrying too, as it appears that authorities have admitted they're losing the battle at the Fukushima facility.:(
One of the reactors is likely in the begining stages of a partial meltdown, but they can't get any kind of decent reading on the reactor's internal temps...
Two other reactors have had their cooling systems fail and they're also starting to heat up.

170,000 people have now been evacuated, and responders are handing out iodine pills to protect the thyroid from any possible radiation leak that might occur if containment is truely lost.

Let's all hope that the specialists on the ground there can figure out a way to stop the situation from getting any worse.:'(
 
It's terrible, I follow the news about it 24/7.
The videos from Japan are heartbreaking.

Kalandros said:
http://i.imgur.com/o9hr8.jpg
I think all these Americans should have their faces kicked in to the hollow where their brains should be.

There are unfortunately idiots everywhere in this worlds.
Just to ignore them.

Good luck to Japan.
 
Best wishes for you all over there, Oni, if you get this buddy, we're thinking of you!

I've been on stand-by with some of our Search & Rescue teams to see where the units I supply stand (they've just come back from Christchurch, and were involved with the Bribane Floods and North QLD cyclone before that, so it's becoming unfortunately common, we're at re-supply stage now, hopefully be underway shortly).
 
Pretty sure Oni is a long way from Sendai, though he may be involved in the rescue work. It was him thats stationed at the US base, wasn't it?

I have relatives in Tokyo, thankfully the only casualties were a vase and a bookcase for us. Heartbreaking stuff from the north east though.

http://i.imgur.com/o9hr8.jpg

I think all these Americans should have their faces kicked in to the hollow where their brains should be.
I'm consistently amazed by just how stupid it is possible for a human being to be. Unimaginative racism is bad enough but the total lack of understanding of history (their own history at that) and the implications for global economics is just staggering. Hopefully they'll never get the chance to breed. Having seen their faces, its probably unlikely.

The response from the rest of the world has been mostly quite touching though. Even South Korea are helping, which is nice to see.
 
Yeah it is really sad to see what has happened, that doesn't deserve to happen to anyone. That link of those idiots was horrific, to think some people are so small minded like that. Most of the people affected by these weren't even around in the second world war.

My heart felt wishes to all that have been affected, and yes, I hope to hear from Oni very soon that he is ok!
 
The Japanese Meteorlogical Society & the USGS have both re-evaluated the quake and now declare it to have been a 9.0 magnitude.:O That makes it the 4th strongest quake in recorded history!
Canada has just offered our 'DART' team made up of military doctors, field medics & engineers. Plus, the Canadain Red Cross has raised over a million dollars so far for relief efforts.

Watching what's happened is surreal, Geology & Volcanology are a hobby of mine, but to see this kind of complete & total devastation is humbling to say the least... (especially since the very same could happen here in the Toronto area!:O)
I hope that all of our Japanese members & their family and friends get through this ordeal.

As for the worthless trash shaming all of us over here with their idiotic remarks, I think back to what one of my favourite TV characters said, "Back in the day, I'd have shot your racist @$$."

Good luck & best wished to all CN'ers & your families.
Anubis
'May God stand between you and harm, in all the empty places where you must walk'
- Ancient Egyption blessing
 
Kalandros said:
http://i.imgur.com/o9hr8.jpg

I think all these Americans should have their faces kicked in to the hollow where their brains should be.

:slapface: :slapface: :slapface: :slapface: :slapface:

I hope this doesn't ruin everybody's opinion of Americans. Those comments are horrifying. Ugh.....

Anyways, I certainly hope nobody from CN's been effected by this quake/tsunami. The articles in the newspaper seem to get worse daily.
 
It is staggering to see people make such horrid remarks, and which such poor memory. What the fuck is wrong with these people.

The best of wishes to our japanese members, friends and family.
 
Anyone able to contact oni in some way? He does have an email adress on his profile. Kinda worried and would like to know if hes okay.
 
Don't worry Bravo, we know stupidity is a global effect. I won't say anything about these comments, they are just... Anyway i can't watch the news anymore, i am very depressed and every time i check things are getting worse :( I really hope everyone is ok. Probably its the first time i hope news are exaggerating as they always do and things are not that bad as they say.
 
desfer said:
Anyway i can't watch the news anymore, i am very depressed and every time i check things are getting worse :( I really hope everyone is ok. Probably its the first time i hope news are exaggerating as they always do and things are not that bad as they say.

Same here... Hopefully our media are simply the black-hearted sensationalists they always are, trying milk the suffering of others so they can win an award.:slapface: (I'm really not too fond of reporters!)

Especially since it looks like the situation is getting worse at the Fukushima facility. There was a thrid explosion yesterday @ reactor 2, and a fire has broken out in another building.:(
Let's hope the world's egghead's can figure out a way to stop any real damage from happening!

Though overall, I can't help but truely admire the Japanese people and how they're dealing with the hand they've beent delt... People don't say 'hello' anymore on the streets, instead they say 'we're in this together'. Truely inspiring stuff how their whole society is banding together! There's no riots or looting, and people can still be patient as they wait for hours just to get water.

Thank-you Japan for showing us that there is hope for humanity, and best wishes on getting through these disasters! Our thoughts are with you in your time of need.
 
Well, the third reactor has blown, and there's been a bit of a leak, but (THANKFULLY), not a full-blown nuclear explosion. I heard on the news that if you drove past with your windows down, you'd get a large dose, but not as much as a CAT scan, so, here's hoping *crosses fingers* Also, I think they've asked the American's for help, or that's what my parents said.
 
Heard about reactor 2 exploding late last night, plus the fire at another nearby reactor.
Latest word is that there's been some very slight temp increases in reactors 4 & 5 today, but thankfully, the overall level of leaking radiation is begining to drop a bit again.

Japanese authorities though have now established a 30Km no-fly zone around the plant though, to stop airplanes from spreading any more radiation being leaked by escaping steam.

I think the Japanese have asked pretty much everyone for help from their nuclear techs! Hopefully the bulk of the world's eggheads working together can come up with a solution!
 
Johnny B said:
Pretty sure Oni is a long way from Sendai, though he may be involved in the rescue work. It was him thats stationed at the US base, wasn't it?

I have relatives in Tokyo, thankfully the only casualties were a vase and a bookcase for us. Heartbreaking stuff from the north east though.

http://i.imgur.com/o9hr8.jpg

I think all these Americans should have their faces kicked in to the hollow where their brains should be.
I'm consistently amazed by just how stupid it is possible for a human being to be. Unimaginative racism is bad enough but the total lack of understanding of history (their own history at that) and the implications for global economics is just staggering. Hopefully they'll never get the chance to breed. Having seen their faces, its probably unlikely.

The response from the rest of the world has been mostly quite touching though. Even South Korea are helping, which is nice to see.

some of them did...sadly :O
 
There is bad apples everywhere But a few idiots do not speak for all of the american's. Personally I feel the bombs drop in ww2 should of never happened. Anyways my wife has a freind she went to school with over there with her husband who is with the marines. They were miles away from toyko and there house shook but nothing was damamged. She has since dedicated her time to help clean up and disiaster relief. She has sent some amazing photo's of ships layed up on top of the peir's and even on main street's.
 
190081_1877361222617_1498847764_2023750_976654_n.jpg

this is the boat.
 
there is a particularly intriuging photo somewhere of a largish boat balanced perfectly on top of what appears to be one of the few buildings not torn down by the tsunami.

So no members hopping on to say they are ok? understandable given what has happened and is still happening. I hope everyone is alright, but things arent looking too good :(
 

About us

  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu