• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.
Jan 14, 2014
I found just found this as well and was jumping on to post about it but damn you beat me to it :D
Either way looks interesting, weird that spells such as raise zombies are now found on the zombies warscoll so I think it may be a universal spell???

El Syf

Vargheist
Dec 4, 2011
Eastbourne
Well we can put the final nail in the coffin of bloodlines.
I'll have to go through it again tomorrow but on first reading it was grim.

Zephyr

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Mar 3, 2008
Rotterdam
The special rules for Konrad(and some other models from other armies) makes me wonder what kind of drugs they are on.
I sincerely hope they are just trolling us...they turned it into a drinking game without the alcohol.
If I want hilarity I'll play Blood Bowl.

Feb 8, 2009
"One Bat Short of a Belfry:
Konrad is a violent lunatic, and his temper does little
to help his stretched sanity. If, during
your hero phase, you talk to Konrad von
Carstein, you can re-roll all hit rolls of
1 for him until your next hero phase. If
Konrad von Carstein talks back to you,
re-roll all failed hit rolls instead."

What? This is hillarious. Translation, Konrad can re-roll all hit rolls of 1 I guess.

Zephyr

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Mar 3, 2008
Rotterdam
Oh it's funny until you realize this is what replaces the army book. I was willing to give it a go but seeing this...damn. Why do they even bother?

Jan 14, 2014
Oh... Gave the core rules a read as well...
Seems like every unit is really easy to raise infantry wise and with no points how is this fair, the game seems way to simple and unbalanced. Also no customizing heroes. Really GW?

Nov 13, 2013
Vancouver, Canada
On the plus side, I can drop my ever-crumbling facade of optimism.

The rules are wacky, silly, and completely unbalanced. I would say unbalanceable. There isn't even a game here, just a mechanism for pushing arbitrary units at each other.

I just...don't even know what to do with them.

Reactions: Zephyr
Feb 8, 2009
Well, seems units have a minimum number of models here at least for the warscrolls. Also, WTF 6 attack fell bats.

Edit, also, can you summon everything? That seems really broken.

El Syf

Vargheist
Dec 4, 2011
Eastbourne
Seriously I know there's the beer and pretzel thing but you would have to be drunk for this to seem better than 8th, not just tipsy but completely hammered (pardon the pun). I'm going to write some army lists now and give my vampires equipment and you know stuff that made warhammer fun...

Feb 8, 2009
Seriously I know there's the beer and pretzel thing but you would have to be drunk for this to seem better than 8th, not just tipsy but completely hammered (pardon the pun). I'm going to write some army lists now and give my vampires equipment and you know stuff that made warhammer fun...
I think they were hammered when they wrote these rules.

Nov 13, 2013
Vancouver, Canada
VC warscroll is pretty garbage.

TK warscroll on the other hand is AMAZEBALLS. Looks like so much fun. Swimming in synergy, and silly/awesome rules. I'm actually super excited to get games in.

I will need to start something absolutely different to get my competitive kicks in. But this looks like it will be really, really fun to get blasted and throw dice around.

Reactions: Count michael
Feb 8, 2009
VC warscroll is pretty garbage.

TK warscroll on the other hand is AMAZEBALLS. Looks like so much fun. Swimming in synergy, and silly/awesome rules. I'm actually super excited to get games in.

I will need to start something absolutely different to get my competitive kicks in. But this looks like it will be really, really fun to get blasted and throw dice around.
Maybe I should give it a chance. It might be a fine game to play for fun even if it does not work competatively. Maybe I should read some of the other warscroll compendiums.

I can at least see the value in taking zombies and skeletons as the individual models becomes better the more of them you use. I do think a unit of 40 zombies would be able to easily overwhelm stormcast eternals.

Nov 13, 2013
Vancouver, Canada
Command Ability
And He Did Say ‘War’, and the World
Did Tremble...: If Settra the Imperishable
uses this ability, you must hold out your
hand and utter ‘War’ in a supremely
commanding tone. If you do, then until
your next hero phase you can add 1 to all
hit rolls for Death units in your army
that are within 18" of Settra in the combat
phase. If a Deathrattle unit is affected
by this ability, you can also add 1 to their
wound rolls in the combat phase. However,
if Settra is your general, you must not
kneel for any reason during the battle. If
you do, even once, you immediately lose
the battle. Settra does not kneel!

That's Settra's command ability. Silly, but hilarious. There's loads of flavour in the rules like this.

There's also quite a lot of synergy in the TK army. Lots of interesting rules, and my head has been alive all afternoon with battlefield formations to take advantage of everything.

Issue is that without any sort of force organization percentages or point values, it's really hard to figure out what to do with it. You could make an army of 30 necromancers and literally just spam raising spells for any army in either undead warscroll. The amount of choice is...overwhelming.

The only way I can see to balance it right now is through use of formations. There are some that are roughly comparable to a ~2k battleforce, though with indeterminate unit sizes.

Bulwyf

Zombie
Dec 24, 2011
So there's no rules to pattern your vampire lord after a Bloodline? The only way I ever play my VC army is with a Blood Dragon, either mounted or on foot. But always a Blood Dragon with the weaker magic but strong combat options. I don't see how I can play that in AoS unless I am missing something.

Feb 8, 2009
So there's no rules to pattern your vampire lord after a Bloodline? The only way I ever play my VC army is with a Blood Dragon, either mounted or on foot. But always a Blood Dragon with the weaker magic but strong combat options. I don't see how I can play that in AoS unless I am missing something.
Well, according to what I see the version of the vampire lord on the Zombie Dragon seems Blood Dragon inspired, probably because the model is a Blood Dragon vampire.

Undying Scourge

Blood Knight
Oct 28, 2014
WELCOME TO THE AGE OF SIGMAAAAAR! The new rules accommodate all of the old bloodlines, with the possible exception of Necrarchs. Blood Dragons are now fully represented by the Blood Knights, which are heroes in their own right. Lahmians = Coven Throne, Strigoi = Ghoul King, Von Carsteins obviously have loads of characters etc. Also, no more unit redundancy! Every unit has a purpose. What's not to like about it?

Sception

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Sep 23, 2009
I like the stupid and ridiculous bullshit rules, as much as i understand those who hate them. But without a points system or any sort of equivalent to provide some sort of baseline for balancing sides, i just don't see how these rules are even remotely playable.

Demian

Vampire Count
Oct 28, 2011
For balancing purposes, I think we'll use WOUNDS instead of models to compare armies. Setting up a game of 150 Wounds sounds a bit more fair than 100 miniatures, specially when those can be made of über heroes.

Quick question though: Do you know if any or all of the Warscrolls are available for iOS anywhere? I don't want to bring my computer everytime I play =(

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu