• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Alabaster427

Minister of Thriftiness
Dec 9, 2013
Well we can put the final nail in the coffin of bloodlines.
I'll have to go through it again tomorrow but on first reading it was grim.
Not so sure... Although there aren't bloodline builds like in 6th edition or before, the coven throne specifically says that it has a Lahmian Vampire on it, the SGK made the crossover, and we still have blood knights and necromancers. You could still always make your own warscroll themed with bloodlines.

Draykorinee

Grave Guard
Sep 10, 2014
Its terrible imo, just flat out ridiculous, I'm a new comer to warhammer but I can't see anyone I know playing these rules. Pick the correct hand....jeez.

What's not to like about it?

Too much to list, totally amazed by your turnaround in all honesty :P

technocow

Zombie
Sep 7, 2013
What is the general consensus regarding summoning? Eg: do you need to be using black knights for you're death wizards to have access to "summon Black Knights"? Or can I field an army of heroes and summon in everything that I want?

Also, I think this looks like one hell of a fun game. Especially at low model count levels, and I hope it gets support through supplements to build on it whilst remaining a fun rule set. That being said - I'm really sad to see warhammer as we knew it go. I'll miss the tactical depth and customisation of your army that 8th edition had. I still have 40K for semi competitiveness but its just not the same when you prefer a fantasy aesthetic.

Undying Scourge

Blood Knight
Oct 28, 2014
Why are Zombies only bravery 10? Seems like we have zombies that we run in fear from battle.

The bravery tests in the case of undead represent crumbling I think. Also, you DO NOT NEED TO FIELD A UNIT TO SUMMON IT. The spell is simply listed in the entry for the unit - that is all. They can be summoned regardless of whether or not you field them.

Sception

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Sep 23, 2009
I can see the summoning thing being read either way, and honestly, with how ludicrous the power of summoning is, requiring other models of the same type to already be on the table is, if anything, an insufficient check on that power.

Remember, dispelling can only even be attempted if the wizard that wishes to try it is within 18" when the spell is cast. And we have 3 available stacking bonuses to that casting roll that any of our wizards can benefit from - corpse cart's lodestone, Morghasts, and Mortis Engine's blasphemous tome. Taken together, even common necromancers auto-pass the DC 5 needed to cast most basic summoning spells. A backfield coven of 3 necromancers with the listed support units puts out 30 to 60 skeletons, zombies, or ghouls a turn, with very little the opponent can do about it.

Tawg

Vampire Count
True Blood
Jan 16, 2012
I can see the summoning thing being read either way, and honestly, with how ludicrous the power of summoning is, requiring other models of the same type to already be on the table is, if anything, an insufficient check on that power.

Remember, dispelling can only even be attempted if the wizard that wishes to try it is within 18" when the spell is cast. And we have 3 available stacking bonuses to that casting roll that any of our wizards can benefit from - corpse cart's lodestone, Morghasts, and Mortis Engine's blasphemous tome. Taken together, even common necromancers auto-pass the DC 5 needed to cast most basic summoning spells. A backfield coven of 3 necromancers with the listed support units puts out 30 to 60 skeletons, zombies, or ghouls a turn, with very little the opponent can do about it.

And that's why Undead are not to be trifled with.

But yeah. Certainly placing your own "Appropriate to the situation" limits seems like it will need to be a thing. Scenario driven, or just so you don't inundate your friends in dead bodies.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu