• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Forge

Crypt Horror
Jul 26, 2010
California
Gw's is just ancient, like their old skeletons or current zombies they look like garbage. Hopefully they redo the coach at some point, but unless it's larger than the current one, and actually to scale with the rest of the models then I won't buy it, I'll just build another.

Forge

Crypt Horror
Jul 26, 2010
California
Almost done with the last detachment of skeleton warriors, just a dry brush, some purple shading action and blue shading accents away from complete. Then I have to do basing to 3 units -_-

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 21
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 18

Hutobega

Ghoul
Oct 4, 2010
Personally I like the new skeletons :( and the zombies are funny and comical!! but I understand if you want serious scary zombies instead heh. The coach is a little out dated but I used bretonian war horses in the front instead and by just doing that made it look a lot beefier.

Forge

Crypt Horror
Jul 26, 2010
California
The last unit of skeletons painted, I'm going to change the banner color because it's just not working. Picked up the colors I was missing to do the bases today and I'm going to start tonight! I've been contemplating my zombie regiments of which I don't own any models for and refuse to use the GW zombies because tier proportions suck and look comical. I'm debating on using the hobbit escape from goblin town goblins, some cave trolls, dwarf warriors and warriors of the dead from the LotR's series and zombify everything inter mingling it all and painting it the energy zombie colors. Basically to represent the dead that died in the mountains of "Gal'ruhn pass" that used to inhabit it being resurrected by the dark energy of the Necromancers who now control the pass. It would feature lots of lighting effects and animated poses/fillers/broken ranks unlike the blocked units of undead that I believe should look numerous and organized.

I also I forgot I made these horse archers, I have 5 built and an on building 5 more.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 18
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

Farmer7574

Vampire Count
True Blood
Dec 10, 2013
England
@Forge Great job there but agreed that your banner's colour needs revisiting.

Am I the only one that enjoys basing? The ease of it and the feel of success on completing a bunch of models is awesome.

Farmer7574

Vampire Count
True Blood
Dec 10, 2013
England
@Hellion Nox I know exactly what you mean. Before deciding on a base for my army I do a bunch of test bases; Old bases without models attached to them then try out your ideas on them. You can scrape them off after too if need be.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu