Blood Knights

  • The masquerade of murder returns! A new game of Vampires Amongst Us has begun. Unmask the killers, trust no one, and try to survive the night. Find out more and sign up now!

xeno

Zombie
Sep 30, 2015
2
Wales
Zombies
2
I'm currently considering options for mounted vampires in my Undead Kings of War project and, as expensive as they are, I am wondering about GW's Blood Knights. I can't seem to find details about what's included in the box. I'm looking to see if there is any flexibility for creating different poses? I want to field a regiment of 10, probably reduce it to 8, but of course I do not want 2 standard bearers or musician.

Anyone have any advice? Thanks for your time.
 
It's just as you fear. You'd need loads of multiples of the box to get enough dudes out of it, since two of every five Knights will be carrying a flag or a horn.
 
Hi,

GW prices their blood knights based on their game effectiveness, which means that they are stupidly expensive and IMO they're not all that great.

These however:

http://www.gamezoneminiatures.com/tienda/en/vampires/334-caja-de-caballeria-lugubre.html

Area fantastic. I've not ordered from them before but they look good to me, if you feel like changing your mind away from GW blood knights to something a little nicer. Also you can buy them individually so you don't need to get multiples of command.

If you are sure you want blood knights, the answer is you will need to do some conversions with bits form other kits.
 
I got two box of them, and had to convert the commands to make more rank and files. The only option in the box is if you want the champ to have a cloak or not. There's not extra bits otherwise.

When they were released, they actually had blister for individual knights, so you could add a rank-and-file model more easily. But those are long gone and only the boxed set is left. You are left with the converting.

Regarding the Gamezone models mentioned above, keep in mind that they are a pain to build (big gap, pieces don't quite fit together, etc.) and are much smaller than the manly Blood Knights ;)
 
The Gamezone Mournful Knights are also gunna take a million years to ship if you're buying from them but live Stateside. Have you seen the new Mantic mounted vampire knights? They were announced in a Mantic email a little while back. Way more cost effective.

If you're Hellbent on GW, look for some Empire/Bret knight lance arms to replace the command arm options.
 
Thank you for the replies all. I recently bought Mantic Soul Reaver Cavalry but the metal will require a lot of work as it's a bit messy. It's not that I'm hellbent on just GW but I know the quality is there and to be honest I prefer the look of their vampires.

I think I'll just get stuck in and get them finished. See how they turn out. Thanks again.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Adam_Barrow
I'm planning on converting some dark elf dark riders. Don't like the look of the old models and the price tag is ridiculous
 
Hi,

GW prices their blood knights based on their game effectiveness, which means that they are stupidly expensive and IMO they're not all that great.

These however:

http://www.gamezoneminiatures.com/tienda/en/vampires/334-caja-de-caballeria-lugubre.html

Area fantastic. I've not ordered from them before but they look good to me, if you feel like changing your mind away from GW blood knights to something a little nicer. Also you can buy them individually so you don't need to get multiples of command.

If you are sure you want blood knights, the answer is you will need to do some conversions with bits form other kits.

It's worth noting that the Gamezone Mournful Knights are puny. Really, really small compared to other cavalry models from GW.
 
@Blutsauger Hey that's good to know. I've been hesitant to buy them because I don't know what the quality, delivery or scaling is like. GW is really a 32 scale company now instead of what they used to be at 28 and cavalry is the main problem. Their horses are huge! I find the same problem with any non GW cavalry minis or even old GW ones.
 
Yeah, I put an old mounted vampire model in a unit of Black Knights and he looked like he was riding a shetland pony. Their horses really got out of control there for a while.
 

About us

  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu