• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

brr-icy

Skeleton
Jan 23, 2019
Ontario
So, I am currently on a mission to have a 5,000 point playable at 3,200 points army of each race in 6th Edition. I am not picky on models, so metal, plastic, finecast, new, old, whatever is game for inclusion. So this will be random, with many armies. I like to base entire armies at once when I do them, so I will be getting on that soon-ish.

I got my first wood elves model in this week. Got it almost finished.

Painted my High Elf standard Bearer, my first time freehand painting a banner.

brr-icy

Skeleton
Jan 23, 2019
Ontario
High Elf Swordmasters.

Chaos Tzeentch chariot. I'm completely lost on what to base them with. I like to do each army with different colours and basing materials.

Bretonnians, the army is finished, just need to sit down and grass them up.

Zacharias, I have since added his familiar.

A mix of older and newer paintjobs

brr-icy

Skeleton
Jan 23, 2019
Ontario
Thanks, getting some inspiration from your Plogs for unit fillers and such, I'll post my updates as I go, Only my Ogres are fully based so far.

brr-icy

Skeleton
Jan 23, 2019
Ontario
thanks, hopefully I can figure out what I want to do for the bases. I haven't figured out what I want to do yet.

Borgnine

Master Necromancer
True Blood
Jun 15, 2013
Pruszkow, Poland
This is amazing, such a crazy collection of miniatures! That's a hell of an ambitious project, so keep it at it :) That Bretonnian army looks particularly gorgeous, with those green bases and old armybooks!

brr-icy

Skeleton
Jan 23, 2019
Ontario
Have to get some batteries for my lightbox this week, but I touched up this Bloodthirster that I picked up half complete this week. There wasn't a lot of highlighting or detail done, just the base colours.

brr-icy

Skeleton
Jan 23, 2019
Ontario

Finished up Galrauch. Got given two incomplete ones and ended up with a complete one and one that a friend is going to try to complete that i gave to him as well

Farmer7574

Vampire Count
True Blood
Dec 10, 2013
England
Beautiful work, I’m envious that you get so much done xD

Regarding your indecisiveness with the bases, I had the same issue and so just did a bunch of test bases.

I had a pretty clear idea of something that contrasted nicely with my armies color schemes. For undead, I paint them blue so I went for orange/yellow basing (autumn forest). For orcs & goblins, they’re all green with some black clothing so I went for orange/brown (Durotar-style wasteland).

If you want them all the same then maybe a brown base and dots of dead grass or scorched grass would work.

brr-icy

Skeleton
Jan 23, 2019
Ontario
I have been debating a cracked lava floor for the chaos, just haven't figured out how to go about it without taking forever or breaking the bank lol. A second option I have been thinking about is ashes of a burnt forest and just coating the ground with snow flocking and adding some burnt tree trunks to the bases.

brr-icy

Skeleton
Jan 23, 2019
Ontario
Got a ton more done (probably should focus on basing for a month or a year or so lol.)

There's a bunch of models I have painted since last posting that I have no good pics of, I'll see what I can do to get some real shots of them soon. My goal of every army at close to 5,000 points is not far off. I have a few beastmen and O&G to go (at 2,500 points each so far)

Farmer7574

Vampire Count
True Blood
Dec 10, 2013
England
Nice work buddy. I’ve always been tempted to pick up a Doomwheel, but would probably just rob it if it’s banner and never bother painting it... Yours has turned out really well though, bravo!

And hey, at least you’ve got some paint on your bases. xD

brr-icy

Skeleton
Jan 23, 2019
Ontario
With my main mission being a good sized army of each faction (5,000+ points) I am getting close to completing the purchasing side, now it's just the painting and basing. Painting I have three main armies left, O&G, High Elves (half done) and Dark Elves. I have small units and characters sitting in my project bin waiting on paint for almost every army, but that will never end, there's always something to add lol. Then there's DoW. For the cores, I've decided that my empire stuff can be fielded as that, and I've started picking away at the RoR when I find them for a good price.

brr-icy

Skeleton
Jan 23, 2019
Ontario
Ain't that the truth! :lol:
Ok...i bought all the things. I have a 6,000 point dark elf army, 10,000 pint orcs and goblins, a 4,000 dow, and 6,000 point high elf army that i am nearly done painting. And increased my chaos army to have a selection of beastmen and daemons for every god and at least one special character for each (none for nurgle in 6th though) plus the new model greater daemons. Around 18,000 points all told lol

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu