• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
Hi all,

I'm pleased to announce that CN is now ready to be upgraded to the latest software. This will be carried out on:
  • Date: Thursday 13th June 2018
  • Time: 1830 BST
  • Duration: Approx 2-3 hours

This will be a major upgrade to CN covering:
  • Main forum software version upgrade (Xenforo 1.4.10 to Xenforo 2)
  • Forum layout change to better represent Age of Sigmar and still support the 9th Age, WHFB and other games
  • Implementation of HTTPS for secure connections. This combined with updated metadata should push CN back up the search engine rankings

Will there be any impacts on members?

Yes, but hopefully minimally. The main things to note:
  • Implementation of HTTPS may break if you've bookmarked anything on the site. You may need to update your bookmarks when we're back online
  • The theme will be similar but not identical. We've been working to make it as close as possible, but there will be some differences
  • New features, such as a calendar and RSVP'ing to events, so better support for things like Vampires Amongst Us, roleplays and competitions
  • Some extra functions such as our Random Quote Generator may not be available straight away, but, will be added back in the next few weeks
If anyone does any have questions or concerns, please let me know. I would also very much appreciate any suggestions members may have for improving the site and increasing our traffic and active members.

Cheers

DoN

Last edited:

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
Please note that in advance of the forum upgrade later I am carrying out some clean-up activities and disabling some plugins - just in case you see some unexpected changes!

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
Big thanks to @MattW (our host) for the technical upgrade.

Please note I am still making changes whilst the forum is live, and will continue to do so over the next day or so

Reactions: MattW

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu