• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

TMS

Staff member
True Blood
Nov 26, 2008
Sweden
Daemons of Chaos, 2250 points, Massacre in favour of VC, banished his Keeper of Secrets through prolonged exposure to static CR. :D

About time someone here show you how it's done. ;) To be fair, my opponent was inexperienced. Still felt nice though, haha. :)

Vic

Black Knight
Jan 29, 2008
Sofia
Warriors of Chaos
massacre for the VC

my opponent resigned @ turn 4 or 5, complaining how Warriors of Chaos suck and VC are broken, after due to his mistakes he didn't get to fight with his unit of 12 Chosen blessed with 4+ WS, 18 frenzy marauders, sorcerer lord with autohit S8 killing blow thing.

TMS

Staff member
True Blood
Nov 26, 2008
Sweden
Amend these into the first post.

Daemons of Chaos............. W: 1 14%....D:0 0%....L:6 86%

Orcs and Goblins................ W: 6 100%....D:0 0%....L:0 0%

Bretonnia......................... W: 2 66%....D:0 0%....L:1 33%

Warriors of Chaos.............. W: 4 100%....D:0 0%....L:0 0%

Tomb Kings....................... W: 2 100%....D:0 0%....L:0 0%

Dark Elves........................ W: 2 50%....D:1 25%....L:1 25%

Lizardmen......................... W: 3 60%....D:1 20%....L:1 20%

Dwarfs............................. W: 2 66%....D:0 0%....L:1 33%

Wood Elves....................... W: 0 0%....D:0 0%....L:1 100%

Empire............................. W: 2 66%....D:0 0%....L:1 33%

I think I've gotten all those right, heheh. :)

Vic

Black Knight
Jan 29, 2008
Sofia
Oke - played a small tourney last night - 6 players, 3 games for everyone

all games are 2500 pts

g1 - vs. Warriors of Chaos
draw with ~100pts for VC
- same player that I played last time. He did a bunch of stupid things again, but not enough to make up for the fact that VC can only win pts in CC and that's next to impossible vs. WoC...

g2 - vs. Dark Elves
solid win for Dark Elves
- he played lord on dragon. I started off really well getting rid of his hydra and witch elves with assassin, but later on when the big battle happened in the middle, he managed to get his dragon to charge in such a way that he killed both my fighty characters. Layer on when I had the chance to beat him - sending my caster lord against a 1 wound dragon, needing 3 to hit and 5 to wound, he managed to save the wound, preventing his lord from autobreaking and keeping his dragon's pts.

g3 - vs. Skaven
solid win for VC
- I got lucky that his general's block ran away on turn 2 or 3, so the rest of the game was pretty easy.

Fallen Angel

Vargheist
Jun 4, 2009
Trollhättan, Sweden
Yesterday I played three 1000 pts games vs my friends Dark Elves.

First game I won with a massacre!

Second I won with a Major Victory!

Third I won with a massacre! This time his enitre army was dead on turn two, I held all the quarters, hade captured three standards, killed the general an only lost 190 pts to him!

Will post again when we've played 2250 pts games!

TMS

Staff member
True Blood
Nov 26, 2008
Sweden
I almost forgot to post this here,

Dark Elves, 2250 points, Solid Victory to the Dark Elves.

Note to self, toning the power of my army down does not necessarily make for a better game if my opponent does not do the same. :lol:

Edit: Whoops, I meant Solid instead of Marginal, heheh.

Vic

Black Knight
Jan 29, 2008
Sofia
moar games :)

Warriors of Chaos, 2500, Massacre to the Vampires
Dark Elves, 2500, Massacre to the Vampires

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
I've just noticed that this is not getting updated. If someone wants to work out the new totals I will make the changes.

Vic

Black Knight
Jan 29, 2008
Sofia
game game game

Dark Elves, 2500pts, Massacre for the Vampires

almost lost this one when the big battle in the center happened. Due to some unfortunate luck my 20 strong skellies with War Banner were wiped out by 7 strong unit of executors, which got them in position to flank my lord's unit. Not only that, but a unit of shads overran into that said unit to prevent me from denying him a flank charge.
On the next turn I was front charged by 20 Spear Elves with Assassin and to the fank by 7 executors. Turn 1 - my 24 strong skellie unit is wiped out to just 3 skeletons! Next turn - I raise just enough to fill up to 8 skellies, lord being the only base contact with executors (he was immune to KB :) ), AND after killing all his champions I challenged the assassin, so if he accepted executors don't get to attack at all, if he declines, they attack only my lord and he kills them :P
Red Fury saved the day! I just love how many wounds our lord gets to make against RnF units of any kind xD

@DoN - when I come back from the rock fest I'm going to, I'll make a Spreadsheet and upload it on google documents for everyone to see. Should be extremely easy to upkeep once it's done, because you only type 1 and all other calculations like percents or W/L ratio are calculated by the computer.

I'm also thinking to divide the statistics in two sections - >=2000pts or <2000pts, because it's a totally different game for the VC.

TMS

Staff member
True Blood
Nov 26, 2008
Sweden
I agree that splitting the record between above and below 2000 points would be a good idea. I've got one to add for the <2000 side for once, heheh. :)

1250 points versus Dark Elves, ended in a Massacre in favour of the Vampire Counts. My opponent missed some pretty crucial rolls and before turn 4 I was all over him with my Ghouls, Skellies and Varghulf. :vampire2:

manaknight

Ghoul
Jan 23, 2008
Palma
Against lizardmen, 1500 pts, solid victory for the VC.

A Lizardmen close combat list with many blocks, but the Grave Guards and vampires managed to counterattack (despite loosing the skelleton infantry blocks), while zombies defeated some skinks and held a big unit of cold ones and the banshee screamed real good.

TMS

Staff member
True Blood
Nov 26, 2008
Sweden
I've another one to add to the tally,

2250 points against Dark Elves, ended in a Draw. I ran a combat lord for once and he met his demise against a Dark Elf Dreadlord. Said Dreadlord got run down a turn later and at the end of turn 6 I had a Lycni Vampire, Varghulf and hyper-powered Black Coach roaming the field. They hadn't got the time to turn the battle in my favour, sadly. :(

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
Your combat lord got killed by a Latexlord....erm Dreadlord? Not a normal occupancy unless he was packing that bloody Pendant again?

Vic

Black Knight
Jan 29, 2008
Sofia
Ok, the spreadsheet is ready. It's posted as a web page that will be automatically updated.

I'm not really happy with how it looks atm, because of the porting between Microsoft Excel and the google thing, but I guess it will do.

Note: On too many fields it says #DIV/0! That means you have to go out and play more games!!!

LINK

chris_havoc

Vampire Count
True Blood
Mar 5, 2008
JHB
Hmmm... let's see.

Played a couple 2250 point games and have become really stale lately all my friends know how to beat me. *tear*

Very minor defeat against dwarfs. First one ever. It was the most unlucky game I have ever had. My hellsteed vamp rubber lanced pretty spectacularily against his organ gun. I hit with all three attacks but rolled 3 1's to wound. Similar thing happened with the varghulf I charged a unit of 10 thunderers and didn't manage to wound once in 4 rounds of combat. They both died of combat res. The most minor oversight cost me the game. Had I wheeled my hellsteed vamp into a position to over run a bolt thrower into the side of the unit of thunderers that killed my varghulf I would have massacred him but I didn't and it lead to my GG been eaten by guns and unlucky regen rolls which cost me too many points and I had to fight for the result to be a minor defeat.

Draw against daemons. That game was fun. He'll never underestimate zombies again. Next game he murdered me. so 1 draw and 1 major loss there.

1 major loss against WoC. I really struggle badly against masses of stubborn marauders. What an amazing list he played though. Shaggoth, 2 knights, slaanesh caster on steed, lord on daemonic mount, 3 20 model strong marauders, and bsb with stubborn banner. Scary stuff. Especially because I wasn't playing an exceptionally mobile list. They just came from everywhere!

As embarrassing as it is showing my current failure I reckon it's important for this thing. I'm usually decent at this game though! I swear! :P

Vic

Black Knight
Jan 29, 2008
Sofia
Another 2500 massacres for me vs. Dark Elves and Mortals.

I have no fucking idea how do I keep winning against those :O

UPDATE.

I'll update the spreadsheet like once every 2 posts or once per week. Something like that

TMS

Staff member
True Blood
Nov 26, 2008
Sweden
I've got another one to put up on the sheet,

Against Dark Elves, 1500 points, (Grand) Massacre in favour of the VC.

It was truly a glorious victory, spoiled slightly thanks to my opponent's lousy dice rolling. In the end I had a grand total of more than 1500 victory points than him. Rawr! :vampire2:

Capt Rubber Ducky

Vampire Count
True Blood
Jun 9, 2009
Massacure in favor of the VC against Warriors of chaos, 2000pts.

If you put 0's into the spreadsheet instead of leaving the squares blank it should get rid of the '#DIV/0!' in the percentage squares. (if it isn't just me seeeing them)

Bauglir

Skeleton
Feb 25, 2009
Morning all

Game 1:

1)Orcs & Goblins
2)1999p
3)Massacre for VC
4)Rolling too many 1's:frown: when casting invocation. Twice I tried to cast a spell on two dice. And yes, twice a miscast:devil:
My Varghulf for completely disrupting my opponents battleline .Terror is such a nice talent.

Game 2:

1)Empire
2)1999p
3)Massacre for VC
4)Black knights taking out a warriorpriest and the general with killing blow. Fell bats and wolves upholding my opponents fairly mobile army.

Yours
B

Count Rooty

Zombie
Jun 19, 2009
Poland
1000 pts
VC vs. WE - VC won! Massacre
VC vs. D - VC won! Massacre
VC vs. WE - VC won! Solid Victory
VC vs. D - D won! Solid Victory :redface:

darknesseternal

Varghulf
Aug 15, 2007
Melbourne
1) All Gobbo list
2) 1500 pts
3) Massacre win for the VC
4) This was a game of major redemption for me. Prior to this, on the two other occasions that I had gone up against an all Gobbo list (mainly under 6th ed), I had let the way that Gobbos tend to always get outnumber freak me out, and as a result, played terribly. End result was only having managed to kill 1 and 2 Gobbos in each respective game. This time, not to be unkind, but was facing a far less talented general. Popped the fanatics out early (zombies do have a role to play), and then proceeded to take out the rest of the army.

1) Dark Elves
2) 1500 pts
3) Draw, with the pts edge going to the VC
4) Played this game terribly to begin with. Deployment was horrible. Went with a refused flank, so refused there was no room to fit the Corpse Cart with Necro into either unit of Skellies, so had to go by itself. And then, I proceed to move out of my refused flank, thinking the Inkies would not come to me, when going to me was my opponents plan all along. Managed to claw it back in the second half through both luck (one sorceress getting dragged off into the Chaos Realm after miscasting), and skill (targeting the other sorceress once I had managed to engage her unit, thus nullifying completely the Inkies ability magically, and allowing the VC to run riot with the magic).

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu