• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Vic

Black Knight
Jan 29, 2008
Sofia
Upd.

@Capt Rubber Ducky the DIV/0 thing is because of the formula I'm using and it tries to divide by 0. Problem is that if I put 0's there now, I'd have to manually enter all the formulas again once games are played.

Sorry for slow response this time, I totally forgot about CN last weeks, had some serious life issues

TMS

Staff member
True Blood
Nov 26, 2008
Sweden
Got another one to report. :)

1500 points versus cavalry WoC, ended in a Massacre in favour of the VC. The game was all but over after my turn 3 where I trapped his Khorne Knights + Juggernaught Hero on three sides with ASF Grave Guard + Wight King BSB, Black Knights and a Varghulf. My opponent weren't too aghast over it though, he rejoiced in the spilling of blood nonetheless. :tongue:

Edit: Oh and also, don't sweat it Vic. Serious issues outside of the internet will of course have to take priority. :)

Anneruon

Zombie
Aug 24, 2009
I've only had a few games with VC, those that i can remember are:

1) Bretonnians
2) 2250
3) Major win for Bretonnians
4) Never underestimate knights errant! they wiped out an entire flank due to immunity to psychology on charge, ironically enough his other flank buckled and ran due to fear, despite having the general there.... most weird. and in battle of blood knights vs Pegasus knights, noone wins, his pegasus knights led my blood knights on a very merry chase till turn 5, where they got massacred :)

Another game was:
1) Warriors of chaos
2) 2250
3) Massacre for VC
4) Rinse and repeat tactic, his whole army was frenzied so it was a battle of; summon zombies, increase size of said unit, enemy charges zombies, they hold (just) my skeleton unit charge in flank and kill them with CR, though his 7 strong unit of chaos knights did well till they hit my ASF (due to corpse cart) killing blow grave guard :)

Anneruon

Zombie
Aug 24, 2009
1) Warriors of Chaos
2) 2500
3) solid victory to VC
4) Opponent took a demon prince, a lvl 4 wizard with fly and terror. very cool, but those three main abilities are pretty much neutralised by VC. His dragon ogre shaggoth also managed to get tied up bu a unit of 10 crypt ghouls til turn 4 (two turns in combat) caused 2 wounds on it though, bad dice rolling, out of 25 attacks i only rolled one 6 to wound :(
Konrad ate through his warriors of chaos killing four in one round of combat without being frenzied :)

darknesseternal

Varghulf
Aug 15, 2007
Melbourne
1) Wood Elves
2) 500 pts (official border patrol rules, so no Varghulf allowed)
3) Solid Victory to the VC
4) Taking a Vamp and giving it Dreadknight, and then placing it into a unit of 4 Blood Knights in a 500 pts list could be construed to be a little cheesey. However, this was balanced out by the fact of my lack of foresight in sending said unit out up on it's own down my opponents left flank. The unit rolled up the Woodies flank, but left the rest of my army (unit of skellies and a unit of wolves) languishing behind with all the vampires being out of range.. doh!

1) Skaven
2) 500 pts (again, border patrol rules)
3) Massacre to the VC. Not one rat left alive that hadn't fled off the table.
4) VC have to take magic. It's a given. Under border patrol rules, I'm limited to only being able to have a lvl 1 magic user due to the pts limitations. But even that was enough. Out of four armies competiting on the day, I was the only one who had any magic to speak of, and combined with a Vamp with summon ghouls and 2 units of 10 ghouls, plus a unit of 3 Cairn Wraiths incl Tomb Banshee, it wasn't pleasant for the rats. By the end of the first turn when I had bumped one unit of ghouls to 25, my opponent was heard to remark 'oh god, he is going to invoke me out of the game'. He was right. It didn't help that anytime he tried to charge me, he failed his fear test. :Vampire1:

1) Lizardmen
2) 500 pts border patrol
3) Massacre win to the Lizzies
4) Lizzies at 500 pts are still nasty. Saurus warriors are hard as, Scar Vet is incredibly difficult to get a wound on (well a wound that he doesn't save with his damn 0+ AS.. he was on a cold one), and those creatures that can shoot their spines at you are just plain nasty. He had two of them. I tried a combo front charge with two units of ghouls, one of them bumped up in number, against his Saurus warrior unit with the Scar Vet, but they managed to hold. It was close for awhile but once he got the upper hand there, it was over.

Karl Ritter

Ghoul
Jun 5, 2008
My last two campaignbattles:

1. Orcs and goblins
2. 1900 for VC vs 2050 for O&G(Empire campaign)
3. Massacre for Orcs
4. Despite his Lord over me, I was pretty confident. Never played this guy before, and I was surprissed by the speed of his army. Turn 1 saw combat, turn two saw all units locked into heavy fighting. Never been whooped so badly and so fast. I made some crucial mistakes, but all credit to my opponent whos tactics where sublime.

1. Warriors of Chaos
2. 2250
3. Massacre for VC
4. On turn two I killed all his characters, whom where all casters on disks.
My zombies took two of them out. After that, the game was pretty much played.

Jan 8, 2009
Birmingham
First non allied game with my new Vampire Counts army.

2,000 point Game
Vampire Counts Vs. Brettonians
Win to the Vampire Counts (Major Victory)

Undead of the game, Wright King, who killed the Brettonian Lord, Battle Standard Bearer, Damsel, and 2 unit champions. Gotta Love killing blow and the Sword of Kings.

Jan 8, 2009
Birmingham
Dwarfs Vs. Vampire Counts

1. Dwarfs
2. 2,500 points
3. Major victory to the Dwarfs
4. First use of the new army book by a long time Strigory player, switiching to Vlad and other Vampiric Nobles. Ran into my, as yet unbeaten by VC, Dwarf army. Only 8 ghouls, with vampire and 6 Graveguard and Vlad left standing. Dwarfs had lost their warmachines and a Rune Smith.

adam_dup

Skeleton
Sep 11, 2009
1)Daemons of Chaos
2)2250
3)Massacre - VC Victory :)
4)Hell yes in general. Um... DoC player charging a skellie block with those very scary hounds of khorne and expecting to blow through it. Skellies held strong and defeated the entire unit in two turns (4 combat rounds). Skellies then held up his plaguebearers until the rest of the core was ready to take them :)

Tybalt

Zombie
Jun 17, 2009
1st Game:

1) Lizardmen
2) 2000
3) Massacre for Lizards
4) Game ended bottom of Turn 2. Varghulf killed by skinks :( Can't beat dual EotG and Slann combo.

2nd Game:

1) Lizardmen
2) 2000
3) Massacre for Lizards
4) Managed to last until bottom of turn 5. Had one Vampire Thrall with 1 wound left remaining on the field.

Mondays

Zombie
Dec 3, 2009
RE: Spreadsheet

Replace the formula "=N1/N2" with "=if(N2=0,0,N1/N2)" and it will clear up the #DIV/0 errors. It means "if N2 is 0, just use 0, otherwise do N1/N2". HTH

Also looking forward to posting again in this thread, assembling and painting my first 1000 points now :)

First game with VC (or fantasy at all) soon.

Yanda

Black Knight
Mar 7, 2010
Calgary, AB
Trying to think of the games ive had recently

Next: Tomb Kings 2250 Breakthrough Scenario

1) Skaven (Tournment)
2) 2250
3) Massacre for Skaven
4) Massive combat at plague furnace ties in 2 battles, Doomwheel is destroyed but left 2 units too far away to support big fight.

1) Lizardman (Tournment)
2) 2250
3) Draw, Given victory on points to determine next opponent
4) Curse of Years on Cold ones, Banshee scream + Wraiths vs Engine. Black Coach tied up all game from a very risky skirmisher Charge.
GG killed by repeated light spells by slann.

1) Skaven
2) 2250
3) Solid Victory for Skaven
4) Doomwheel with rear flank losses CR from GG CR group and runs off board. Named Characters + Melee overrun Skeleton Units

1) Orcs and Goblins
2) 2250
3) Massacre for O+G
4) Got pinned down by some great Animosity rolls. Took a weird list that didnt fight well against O+G but wanted to try some things before the
upcoming tournament.

1) Dark Elves
2) 2250
3) Draw. Awarded victory.
4) Hand of dust obiterated a unit of cavalry on the left flank. My GG got killed be a super unit on his right flank that never saw combat after my GG crumbled. Had alot more points on the board but was just shy of a victory because his super unit was worth so many points, and my large units started small so they wernt worth much.

1) Skaven
2) 2250
3) Massacre
4) Did 5 wounds to his Abomination but the continous healing of that unit of ghouls caused my bunker unit to get widdled away in an adjacent combat. Doomwheel abomination and Furnace in 1 game.

1) Lizardmen
2) 2250
3) Draw. Awarded Victory
4) Similar to match vs DE, used lots of Etheral to kill his flank. At the end of the game all that remained was his lord on Mount vs 2 large groups of ghouls that started small and some wraiths.

1) Lizardmen
2) 2250
3) Massacre for Lizardmen
4) Short game, he took slann with Lore of Metal and wiped out a group of knights, he then proceeded to miscast and was able to force the miscast onto one of my spellcasters. I then rolled the one where he gets to cast another immediate spell, which he decides to cast the same spell on my 2nd group of knights
(LOS from large target Engine of the gods).

1) Tomb Kings
2) 1500
3) Massacre for VC
4) Took Blood Knights and some wolves, His chariots overran my wolves into my knights. However they prevailed despite not getting the charge off.
Next turn my knights charged into his Character and archer, Kallesten challenged and destroyed his Tomb Prince. Ghouls and Vampire fight with Scorpion managing about 2 wounds a round but does less from construct rule, obventually destroyed.

1) Dark Elves
2) 1500
3) Massacre for VC
4) Took out Cauldren of Blood with some Wraiths, he didnt really have much magic or other means to right them and my ghouls surrounded his block of super infantry. DE calls for end of game.

1) Skaven
2) 2250
3) Massacre for Skaven
4) Furnace + Abomination. First time he rolls wither, casts it on my block of GG with bsb. Abomination hits a ghoul group with a character and I learn to avoid that situation in the future.

Yanda

Black Knight
Mar 7, 2010
Calgary, AB
1) Tomb Kings
2) 2250 Breakthrough Scenario
3) Victory for VC
4) TK lack of dispel allowed me to get 4 units of Ghouls up to 35-60 models. In this scenario VP were only awarded for those he got off the board and I got points for killing his models. He used 2 Bone Giants that charged into my zombies. With the Helm of Commandment it took many turns for my front line to get broken before he was able to get into combat with my ghouls. I summoned so many models I was nearly running out and he decided to call it a night.

Lord Fear

Master Vampire
True Blood
Aug 15, 2007
Shall we try and get this thread going again then? :)

Here's my recent games with VC:
1) High Elves
2) 2250
3) Victory for VC
4) Prince on Star Dragon screamed to death by Banshee- this wasn't a good thing, as the SD was engaged on two fronts, and my Wight King BSB was eaten up as a result, when instead I'd have just challenged with champion! Was all good though, Dragon was chased down by my Hellfire Skeletons.

1) Empire
2) 2250
3) Victory for VC
4) See batrep forum for more info :)

Capt Rubber Ducky

Vampire Count
True Blood
Jun 9, 2009
If you insist

1) Dark elves
2)2000pts
3)Massacre to Vampires
4)Lord roasted 2 hydra's on the end of his stick.

1) Dark elves
2)2000pts
3)Massacre to Vampires
4)In the re-match: Lord roasted 2 hydra's on the end of his stick...again, along with a unit of 10 cold ones...single handed.

1)Wood elves
2)2000pts
3)Draw
4)Lord put a flaming stick up a treemans rear.

1)Wood elves
2)2000pts
3)Minor win to vamps
4)Lord put a flaming stick up a treemans rear again. First time i'd ever beaten woodelves or the person who was using them :thumbsup:

TMS

Staff member
True Blood
Nov 26, 2008
Sweden
1) Bretonnians
2) 1500pts
3) Solid Victory to VC
4) By turn 3 I realized that Bretonnians are not forced to overrun when given the opportunity, which did throw me off balance since I get to play against Dark Elves roughly 85% of the time. A failed "Look Out Sir!" roll spelled the doom of my Wight King on the turn before he and his Black Knights were to charge and challenge the Bretonnian BSB, but luckily I rolled two Killing Blows with my Hell Knight. :)

Edit: My Black Coach absorbed a single power dice after rolling for atleast two dozen over the course of the entire game. Why do I even bother?~

Yanda

Black Knight
Mar 7, 2010
Calgary, AB
2 more games this weekend for me.

1) Tomb Kings
2) 1750 Pts
3) Marginal Victory for VC
4) We both took random lists, I took some blood knights with a Vampire carrying Blood Drinker. I used some Zombies to redirect his chariots so they couldnt overrun into my blood knights. His tomb Scorpion popped up beside his chariots and I charged his Scorpion with my Blood Knights and overran into the flank of his chariots. We did the hits on his chariot wrong tho (Str 7 Auto-Kill) but I still did 11 wounds on the charge to his group of chariots destroying many leaving 2 remaining on the next turn id finish them off and his Tomb Prince died from CR. He then cursed me for 14 Wounds killing all 5 blood knights leaving a single character alive. He sniped my general with a bound item that did 3d6 str 2 attacks, I didnt see it coming so I left him out in the open thinking i would shoot gaze of nagash at him in my turn coming up. My ghoul groups slowly crumbled but stayed above 50% and my group of graveguard without a vampire just took a table quarter since they were stuck in la-la land.

1) Lizardmen
2) 1750 Pts
3) Solid Victory for VC
4) This was a weird chessmatch. For the first 4 turns I inched up slowly taking the flank and he retreated into the back corner of his deployment. He cast comet with 2 6's right in the middle of the table that really halted forward progress. He dropped rocks on one group of Black knights and took out all but 1 knight in my other group of vanilla black knights with a lightning bolt from heavens. My Banshee screamed at one of his priests doing 7 wounds! however he had a character that was in with his knights that I didnt know about and he killed all the wraiths in 1 turn with the help of CR. I moved my ghouls and GG up so they were within charging range of his blocks of infantry but only 1 group charged. My ghouls won combat and caused them to break due to fear/outnumber. I overran into the 2nd group that didnt charge. The 2nd group made there leadership test for the other group running past them but then they failed there fear test from my charge and ran off the board. My ghouls were 7 wide and jut happened to hit his engine of the gods on the same overrun that would have hit and stopped the ghouls if they made there fear test. On the next turn I beat the engine in combat and killed his priest. He has stuborn LD 6 and failed his leadership test and ran off the board. I VDM my GG into his other group of Fleeing Infantry before they could rally on his turn and then he went for table quarters

theangels77

Skeleton
Feb 14, 2011
Brisbane. Deception Bay
1st Battle against Dark Elves, 2000pt armies, Major Loss. (I hate repeater Crossbowmen and Hydras... Grrr)

2nd Battle Against Dwarves, 2000pt Army Minor Win in part because my opponent successfully managed to Blow up both of his own major artillery pieces... Boo Yah

ZusRBY

Zombie
Dec 30, 2010
Lizardmen
Major Loss
Watching his Slaan try and outrun my Varghulf. Salamanders cooking everything in site. Two of my units got caught between 6 salamanders in what he calls the easy bake oven. Needless to say it didn't end well for me.

Abomination

Zombie
May 7, 2011
2500 vs Chaos.
Massacred him with 2000 VP +
2 banshees, lord on terror & varghulf working together as a team and destroying 1 unit of barbarians, one unit of chaos warriors and a unit of chosen.

Valle

Grave Guard
May 23, 2011
1) the opponent's army = Warriors of Chaos
2) point-level = 2500
3) game result = Major Victory

1) the opponent's army Warriors of Chaos
2) point-level of the game you played = 2250
3) game result with qualifier = Draw

Chobber

Grave Guard
May 27, 2008
1) Tomb Kings
2) 2,500 points
3) We didn't finish the game as he had only his Necrosphinx remaining at turn 4, while I hadn't lost more than my Black Coach and a 11-strong unit of Ghouls. As my magic was far supeior any minor casualties could have been replenished etc.
4) Clash of Tomb Guards and Grave Guards - mine with Wight King BSB and Vampire Lord, his with Tomb King, Herald and Necrotect.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu