Casket Of Souls

  • The masquerade of murder returns! A new game of Vampires Amongst Us has begun. Unmask the killers, trust no one, and try to survive the night. Find out more and sign up now!

Steveo1234

Zombie
Nov 7, 2014
13
Zombies
8
So I realise that the CoS is a Tomb Kings unit, but my word, Nagash is fantastic with an extra D3 power dice each turn. I looked at the GW figure and didn't really like the model. For me, a CoS should be more like the Ark of the Covenant from Raiders of the Lost Ark, all ghosts and spirits flying out, sweeping across the battlefield. The unit below is my scratch built CoS based on that idea. I hope you like it!
[/ATTACH]
SAM_1156.webp
SAM_1157.webp
SAM_1158.webp
SAM_1159.webp
SAM_1160.webp
SAM_1162.webp
SAM_1163.webp
SAM_1164.webp
 
  • Like
Reactions: The Sun King
I've been thinking of the same idea after I bought and assembled the new Spirit Hosts. Those are some truly amazing models, and work perfectly with the Casket of Souls in a Raiders theme :D

Your model looks really stunning. The gold contrasts extremely well with the greenish grey spirits. Amazing work mate! :)

- Loran
 
Sure. Raiders casket can get picked up from ebay with cheapy Hasbro Indy figure (which is now on my office next to the Iron Man and Hulk figures - how childish :)). You're looking for this kit, but I only paid about 7 UK pounds, so don't pay over the odds!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hasbro-Indi...3317?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item2598b27995

I used a standard GW movement tray base, three layers of sand, lots of bits from a Games Factory skeleton kit. They are HORRIBLE to make as figures, but make brilliant spares for bases :)

http://wargamesfactory.com/webstore/myths-and-legends/wgf-ml002

Lots of spare shields from TK Chariots kit, and one spirit host, split into 3.

Stuck the ark to the sanded base.. fill the ark with sand, cover with PVA and stick heads, arms and swords in, undercoat the lot and let dry.

Painted the spirits first, then the ark, then the lid (stuck that on with pva and a little blob on back of the spirits for stability), then just basing materials and finally grasses. Lots of inks on the base for effect. Thats about it..dead easy.
 
Of course, you still need to buy a box of spirit hosts, but I now have 5 for my army (instead of 3) which is a more sensible number to field / summon anyway :)
 
"Marion, don't look at it. Shut your eyes, Marion. Don't look at it, no matter what happens!"

Very nice. Gives me some ideas of my own.
 

About us

  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu