Casting 'empty' spells

  • The masquerade of murder returns! A new game of Vampires Amongst Us has begun. Unmask the killers, trust no one, and try to survive the night. Find out more and sign up now!

Powl

Ghoul
Feb 6, 2013
143
Zombies
85
Hi all,

woohoo my first post! Really nice site :)

I was wondering: can a magic spell be cast, with the sole purpose of triggering the Lore attribute? So for instance, suppose my Vampire has suffered a wound and every other unit in range is at full strength. Can he still cast Invocation and then recover the wound using the Lore attribute?
And what if this Vampire was more than 18" away from any friendly unit, could the spell be cast?

Thanks!
 
Welcome to the forum young one! Hope you'll enjoy your stay here.

To answer your question: Yes.

To elaborate: It all has to do with viable targets. You cannot cast a spell without a viable target, but since IoN is a bubble spell it doesn't TARGET anyone. But if you tried to cast a magic missile at the darkness(nerdy reference for the geeks out there) then it wouldn't be cast since there was no viable target.

NINJAED: Damnit!
 
Dagnabbit, now I REALLY want GW to introduce a new unit called the Darkness so I can magic missile it. Preferably with a Light mage. Maybe something suitably converted and nicknamed will suffice...
 
@Zhatan and Lasombra Youtube "dead ale wives dungeons and dragons". It's an old dnd joke from way back.

Or, here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Kgx2b1sIRs
 
Jesus.I'm glad I never heard that before.I've been playing D@D since 1st edition.
I know there are imbeciles that game,but I avoid them like the plague.
Thanks Adam.
 

About us

  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu