Cheap Online Warhammer Retailers

  • The masquerade of murder returns! A new game of Vampires Amongst Us has begun. Unmask the killers, trust no one, and try to survive the night. Find out more and sign up now!

Christophe von Carstein

Vampire Count
True Blood
Aug 30, 2008
1,015
Newcastle upon Tyne
Zombies
439
Hi All

Firstly sorry if this is in wrong place or already been covered, Now I know theres a thread on alternate models to GW but what reliable sites have people used to buy GW products? Just cos its awfully costly buying stuff straight from the store and I dont want to be priced out of my hobby

Thanks
 
Don't EVER buy from Arcane Miniatures (online shop in the UK). Worst service ever. They never answer your emails, lie about whether items have been shipped or not. The data of whether or not an item is available is wrong too.! I don't know how the rules for money transfer is in the UK, but in Denmark a retailer isn't allowed to finalize the payment transaction before they have shipped the goods, Arcane miniatures does this too.! (This is all over other forums as well a lot of people have been treated badly)

Sadly I don't know any good UK online retailers. And my other normal go to sites have all upped their prices to match the ones on the GW site.. :rolleyes:
 
I know some may not agree, but recently Total Wargamer have upped their game- they went through a terrible phase' but are now getting their act together. My last two orders have been on time, correct, and well priced. But their phone line can be blocked for hours.....
 
Agree with HairyJeff about total wargamer. I fell out with them big time year but now they are better.

Rule of thumb, avoid cheap retailers around Christmas time, they are to busy to sort out messed up orders.

I also avoid Gift for Geeks now as they use YODEL to deliver packages.
 
If you're stateside I like Summit City Games. I know the guys who run it (it's online only) and they have free shipping to the lower 48. My LGS Topshelf is pretty good (formerly owned by the guys at Summit City).

http://www.amazon.com/gp/browse.html?ie=UTF8&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&me=A3NBDNILIZDHO6

Not sure if posting this is kosher or not lol. TBH I've read so many user agreements now my eyes just kinda glaze over anymore. Sorry if so. Great guys though.
 
I like Bitzbarn in the US, good service, and for me in OZ great pricing for Bits and complete sprues.
 
hairyjeff said:
I know some may not agree, but recently Total Wargamer have upped their game- they went through a terrible phase' but are now getting their act together. My last two orders have been on time, correct, and well priced. But their phone line can be blocked for hours.....

My friend ordered the tyranids box set 3 weeks ago and still waiting. He has not been able to get through to anyone at total wargamer either.

Many Thanks

Tim
 
At the moment, my two main 'suppliers' are waylandgames and firestormgames.
I buy from both because either of them usually lacks a specific item that I want, so they complement eachother pretty well.

http://www.waylandgames.co.uk/
http://firestormgames.co.uk/

Waylandgames are cheaper but expect afew (2-4) weeks before you get your items if you live outside the UK.

Firestormgames cost slightly more than Wayland (but still alot cheaper than GW themselves), but you wont have to wait nearly as long as you do from Wayland. (1 week if they have it in stock)
 
Wayland havnt been great lately... I have written 3 times to them not getting any answers and my friend ordered from them, got no order conf and then waiting 5 weeks hearing nothing at all only to find out they were out of stock... Trying Dark sphere this time, took almost a week to dispatch, but other than that they might be ok, the jury is out on that one.
 
This thread keeps surfacing time and time again....says something about GW that does. Dark Sphere is amazing for prices, 30% off on most of their (that is to say GW's ) stuff.

However I did go through a phase of shouldering GW prices at one point, my LGS gave me 10% off and I felt that I should support it, after all without people like me it would close down. Anyone else felt/feeling like this lately? I know there is the "Great Games Workshop Conspiracy" where they try to make independent retailers go bust and I can see this happening at some point (look at what happened to MiniWarGaming!) but to be honest I've got no idea what to think now. GW prices are high for what are essentially really highly detailed plastic minis. Sure, everything is going up price wise and Warhammer might come out cheaper than video-gaming (only if you have 1 army) but for Warhammer (and 40k) you need the painting space, paints, brushes, glues, knives, dice, tape measures, BOOKS and other people to game with, not to mention bags of time. Ours is a taxing hobby (literally)...

Anyway, any of you feeling inclined to be patriotic for your LGS?
 
Aren said:
This thread keeps surfacing time and time again....says something about GW that does. Dark Sphere is amazing for prices, 30% off on most of their (that is to say GW's ) stuff.

However I did go through a phase of shouldering GW prices at one point, my LGS gave me 10% off and I felt that I should support it, after all without people like me it would close down. Anyone else felt/feeling like this lately? I know there is the "Great Games Workshop Conspiracy" where they try to make independent retailers go bust and I can see this happening at some point (look at what happened to MiniWarGaming!) but to be honest I've got no idea what to think now. GW prices are high for what are essentially really highly detailed plastic minis. Sure, everything is going up price wise and Warhammer might come out cheaper than video-gaming (only if you have 1 army) but for Warhammer (and 40k) you need the painting space, paints, brushes, glues, knives, dice, tape measures, BOOKS and other people to game with, not to mention bags of time. Ours is a taxing hobby (literally)...

Anyway, any of you feeling inclined to be patriotic for your LGS?

Occasionally I buy from my FLGS(s), one of them doesn't really give a discount, but they're more of an electronic cafe type place, so they aren't exactly in it for the hobby side, just have it around; The other store does pretty great discounts, and I feel like sometimes mis-tags things, but I can never tell for sure, I buy from them frequently enough though. I usually find that it's harder finding a "Cheep" price that doesn't cost too much in shipping for it to be worth it without larger orders, and I don't always really have the money for larger orders. I do prefer Ebay though for a lot of more bulk models (CoughCoughVCCORECough), because paying out the ass for those billion zombies isss, not gonna happen. Last time I bought anything for core was a box of Empire Militia to kit-bash with zombies.

But yeah, I usually prefer FLGS for the most part.
 
Yup, I've resigned myself to buying most of my minis from my FLGS, and with no discount :( I want to have a place to play though. eBay is great as well. if I see a good deal or need stuff that's out of print or for "odds and ends". Like one model or a few, if I don't need a whole box.
 
I'm in Oz and when I want one or two items, I will order from The Combat Company. If I need half an army, I will order from BitzBarn. Cheap shipping, good pricing and when I've had an issue (as I have just recently) Robert has been quite helpful.

I always buy paints and books from my LGS store.
 
[UK]I will put forward my LGS, 4TK who have reasonable online prices (20% off GW) although this increases if you place a pre-order. They only sell what they have so delivery is pretty sharpish as well. Other than that I use Dark Sphere where I have had few problems and I gave Total Wargamer/Mythreal a try but after waiting 5 weeks and two emails was not impressed with their service (this was two months ago).
 
Pietr Von Carstein said:
Element games is pretty good. Speedy delivery and a decent discount.

I have heard only good things about Element Games and will be using them.

On the other hand, I've heard almost nothing but bad-to-awful things about Wayland Games. Some good, but mostly pretty shcoking: long delays, no communication, and the worst was outright lying "we have the items in stock, yes, they've been sent". 3 months later, "sorry we didn't have them in at all."

I'd be very careful of Wayland from my friend's experiences.
 
I will second the call about Element Games, I use them a lot for my Malifaux purchases and can't fault them. Even when things have been delayed, mainly due to delays from Wyrd Games who make Malifaux, they let you know and keep you up to date. You also collect points per purchase so can use that on future orders.

For Warhammer I use my local GW mainly because I am still building my army and only buying Ghouls, skellies etc and there isn't that much difference on price.
 

About us

  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu