Choosing a general

  • The masquerade of murder returns! A new game of Vampires Amongst Us has begun. Unmask the killers, trust no one, and try to survive the night. Find out more and sign up now!

Rilth

Zombie
Sep 8, 2012
17
Zombies
23
This may seem like a daft question however I just want to know what the general consensus is. Unlike other armies where the general is the character with the highest leadership, for VC it has to be a spellcaster with the lore of the vampires.
Does this mean that if you take a Vampire Lord and give him Lore of Shadow, then any character with the Lore of Vampires (a Master Necro or normal Necro) could be the general? Or because the Vampire Lord is a Lord/Higher leadership character that you would not be permitted a choice on what lore to take for them?

I only ask because I'm wanting to field an army with a Master Necromancer with Lore of Death and then have a lesser Necromancer with Lore of Vampires. Would I have to have two Master Necromancers in order to have a Lvl 3+ Death wizard?
 
The answer to your question directly is no. If you wish to have a level 3+ in death, you must have another lord level character who can use vampires such as another necromancer or a ghoul king (popular choice for this purpose)
 
Thanks for clearing this up. For some reason I was thinking that the rules in the VC army book replaced the standard general restrictions rather than being additional constraints on them!
 

About us

  • Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu