• It's time once again to ferret out those murderous vampires in a new VAU - Vampires Amongst Us. A cross between Cluedo and a roleplay, sometimes gory and often hilarious! Find out more and sign-up! here.

Monkey's_Uncle

Black Knight
Rightyo, I've done a rough mock-up of the GB Jester award. The one problem with the Golden Bat shield style is there isn't much room for designs. It seems to be ok though.

Whaddya' think?

EDIT: Had a go at the WTF one as well, it's rather silly, but I couldn't help myself...

Attachments

• GB_Jester_l.png
    GB_Jester_l.png
    95.9 KB · Views: 27
  • GB_WTF_l.png
    GB_WTF_l.png
    93.9 KB · Views: 8

Raven Torrid

Staff member
Sep 3, 2011
Croatia
Good work. :thumbsup:

I'd drop the bats from all the additional GB awards, and leave it only for the gold, silver and bronze awards. That way there would be more room for other motifs, and it wouldn't be too crowded. Also, it would bring out the importance of the first three places awards...which are after all, the biggest awards. So this would keep them unique.

I agree that the rest of the GB awards would then lose some of the instant recognizability & relation with the Golden Bat motif, but I still think it's a better solution than putting so many motifs in one medal.

Another suggestion is to change 1st, 2nd and 3rd place numbers into gold, silver and bronze colour to make them more distinctive (black gets a bit blended with dark red, on the small render).

P.S. Been messing with The Beast award motif a bit, but not yet quite happy with it. Will post it once I am.

Monkey's_Uncle

Black Knight
Raven Torrid said:
Good work. :thumbsup:

I'd drop the bats from all the additional GB awards, and leave it only for the gold, silver and bronze awards. That way there would be more room for other motifs, and it wouldn't be too crowded. Also, it would bring out the importance of the first three places awards...which are after all, the biggest awards. So this would keep them unique.

I agree that the rest of the GB awards would then lose some of the instant recognizability & relation with the Golden Bat motif, but I still think it's a better solution than putting so many motifs in one medal.

Another suggestion is to change 1st, 2nd and 3rd place numbers into gold, silver and bronze colour to make them more distinctive (black gets a bit blended with dark red, on the small render).

P.S. Been messing with The Beast award motif a bit, but not yet quite happy with it. Will post it once I am.
Nice catch on the text, I hadn't thought about that, but it makes a huge difference.:thumbsup:
I've got rid of the bat on the other awards and it does look a lot less cluttered. We should probably keep it for the master award as that seems to work. Can you think of any way to still make the other GB awards look different?

P.S. I'n now using almost 1.5mb on attachments, I'll go and clean them off the earlier posts as we don't really need them any more.

Attachments

• GB_Jester_l.png
    GB_Jester_l.png
    82.9 KB · Views: 14
  • GB_Silver_ln.png
    GB_Silver_ln.png
    93.8 KB · Views: 20

Raven Torrid

Staff member
Sep 3, 2011
Croatia
Monkey said:
Can you think of any way to still make the other GB awards look different?

Two things come to mind:

1) Put the bat head on the place of the skull on top. Not sure that it would be visible on the small version tho...and it may affect the integrity of the "base" medal. So maybe not the best idea.

2) Lose the wings on the other GB awards, but keep the bat head. That way it would have a connection to the main GB awards, but leave more room for other motifs. The bat head would still be visible, and it's position on the bottom of the medal would leave room to put motifs in the middle, with no wings interfering.

EDIT: Just a fast preview along main GB awards, to show what I meant and to compare the "connection" between them:

comparison_zpsd8f8fa81.jpg

*Would stick with the golden head (Golden Bat after all) for other awards, I put the silver one in hurry.

Raven Torrid

Staff member
Sep 3, 2011
Croatia
Hey @Disciple of Nagash, been a bit busy lately so haven't made any new progress. Checked Monkey's profile, he seems to be away for a month now. But I think he finished the texturing of the main GB Awards, so I changed the number (I, II, III) colours so they should now be ready for use. Attached them.

As for the other, special GB awards....The Joker is pretty much finished. I could try designing some other ones, but again, I'm not really good with the texturing part (tho I could give it a try). The main problem is that I don't have the textured version of the background (with only shield and wings, clear of any other symbols). All in all, as much as I'd like, I cannot promise anything for sure...will give it a try tho. ;)

Yeah, regarding help - could really use ideas on what to draw (symbols for special awards) - or even better than ideas - strict orders. XD

Attachments

• GB Gold.png
    GB Gold.png
    21.6 KB · Views: 7
  • GB Silver.png
    GB Silver.png
    11.5 KB · Views: 6
  • GB Bronze.png
    GB Bronze.png
    11.3 KB · Views: 5

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
No problem - I'll spend some time tomorrow and see if I can hunt down some decent symbols or icons. If I get the basic image or concept are you ok to convert them to work on the medal?

Thanks again for doing this :thumbsup:

Raven Torrid

Staff member
Sep 3, 2011
Croatia
Golden Bat Competition
Gold - For winning first place in one of the Golden Bat Competition categories.
Silver - For second place in one of the Golden Bat Competition categories.
Bronze - For third place in one of the Golden Bat Competition categories.
Master - For winning first place in two or more categories in the same Golden Bat competition
Spanktastic - For having the most perveted entry in a Golden Bat competition, as decided by Disciple of Nagash
Mods Choice - A recognition award granted by Carpe Noctem's Dark Arts Moderators, to a member whose entry in the Golden Bat competition deserves special recognition
WTF?! - For having the the most 'WTF' idea behind their entry in the Golden Bat competition, as voted for by Carpe Noctem's members.
Nightmare - For having the scariest entry in the Golden Bat competition, as voted for by Carpe Noctem's members.
Living Doll - For having the most realistic entry in the Golden Bat competition, as voted for by Carpe Noctem's members.
Joker - For having the funniest entry in the Golden Bat competition, as voted for by Carpe Noctem's members.

Some ideas:

Gold, Silver, Bronze, Joker - check

Master - same as gold, silver and bronze but with a symbol instead of the number (sword, drop of blood, crown, chalice, fangs, talisman....any idea for something fitting?)
Spanktastic - a spanking tool by the choice of @Disciple of Nagash :perv:
Mods Choice - maybe a hammer? :P
WTF - either a confused face somehow blended with the background, or something similar to our zombie smiley - :zombie1: - always looked kinda shocked to me
Nightmare - a front or profile shot of a head of a Nightmare horse?
Living Doll - a mannequin figure in a dynamic position

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
Looks really good, although perhaps enlarge the mannequin slightly if possible, so the smaller image is clearer? I wondering if another colour would work better for the mannequin as well?

As for the rest:

Master - same as gold, silver and bronze but with a symbol instead of the number (sword, drop of blood, crown, chalice, fangs, talisman....any idea for something fitting?) - How about a blood drop with a crown around it?
Spanktastic - a spanking tool by the choice of @Disciple of Nagash - I nominate a good old fashioned paddle board, with a hand holding it is possible, maybe just the silhouette of it?
Mods Choice - maybe a hammer? - Two crossed hammers, or a big hammer with MOD engraved across the head?
WTF - either a confused face somehow blended with the background, or something similar to our zombie smiley - - always looked kinda shocked to me - I agree, somekind of shocked face would work perfectly
Nightmare - a front or profile shot of a head of a Nightmare horse? - I think profile silhouette showing fangs and let the background red show through the eye to make it look really evil :devil2:

Raven Torrid

Staff member
Sep 3, 2011
Croatia
Will do, I can easily manipulate it. ;) Tho not sure what colour to use, as this one is pretty contrasting already (and we need that on the smaller image)...any hints...lighter/darker?

Regarding the rest - nice, will get to work tomorrow. ;)

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
Actually now I think of it the colour is fine. With it slightly enlarged it will be perfect.

Once completed will you be able to send me the larger and smaller images? I am thinking that the small one can go in the profile section of the post, but the large ones can go onto a page showing all the medals members can get, it will be nice that people will be able to see all the detail in the bigger images.

Raven Torrid

Staff member
Sep 3, 2011
Croatia
Once completed will you be able to send me the larger and smaller images? I am thinking that the small one can go in the profile section of the post, but the large ones can go onto a page showing all the medals members can get, it will be nice that people will be able to see all the detail in the bigger images.

Good idea, will do. Just a small update - making progress, 4 down, 2 to go.

Raven Torrid

Staff member
Sep 3, 2011
Croatia
@Disciple of Nagash

Here are the "finished" medals...tho I'm pretty sure they could use some more texturing work that is beyond my skill. Let me know what you think.

GBDolloriginal_zpsf161d165.png~original GBDollsmall_zps441de913.png~original GBCrownoriginal_zpsf9dda80b.png~original GBCrownsmall_zps1e7d7a21.png~original

GBModoriginal_zps98b9cd29.png~original GBModsmall_zps95b91fcd.png~original GBPaddleoriginal_zpscdf46621.png~original GBPaddlesmall_zps8256741f.png~original

GBNightmareoriginal_zpsce20d252.png~original GBNightmaresmall_zps079f6d82.png~original GBWTForiginal_zpsae2e9d29.png~original GBWTFsmall_zps7d9143e0.png~original

Resized The Living Doll a bit. Made the crown for The Master award in the style of our Wight King model crown. Used a free clip art hand for The Spankster award...coloured it green and made it look severed...added a paddle. Used this WHFB Zombie head as a reference for the WTF award. Now only have to finish-up The Joker award, which I forgot. :tongue:

Toughts?

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
I think they are all perfect! Both the big and small sizes look great, a vast improvement over our old medals xd

Now we just need all the other non-GB medals :tongue:

Raven Torrid

Staff member
Sep 3, 2011
Croatia
I think they are all perfect! Both the big and small sizes look great, a vast improvement over our old medals xD

Now we just need all the other non-GB medals :tongue:

Great, glad you like them! Here are the main GB awards in both sizes as well, along with the Joker award. Also a version of Nightmare award with added shadows (something I forgot in the first version...pick the one you like better). That should be all GB related awards, in all sizes, ready for use. ;) Regarding the non-GB medals...it will be done, in time. ;) :D

GBGoldoriginal_zps04dc52d5.png~original GBGoldsmall_zps24b55e27.png~original GBSilveroriginal_zpsff8d88e6.png~original GBSilversmall_zps055224e7.png~original GBBronzeoriginal_zpsb713a717.png~original GBBronzesmall_zps185adc42.png~original

GBJokeroriginal_zps9186804e.png~original GBJokersmall_zps09da26f8.png~original GBNightmarealternate_zps87f81366.png~original GBNightmarealternatesmall_zps55d863ae.png~original

Disciple of Nagash

Oldblood
Staff member
Feb 12, 2008
I can provide a full list of what the medals were, but for the meantime I think what has been produced is fantastic xd

lord marcus

Vampire Count
True Blood
Mar 2, 2008
Florida
May I suggest a series of army completion medals, such as

first unit
500 pts

Each could have an interesting name, such as "A legion fit for Nagash...." for 3k but also need to be accompanied by an army list and picture to prove points cost

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu